[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...575859Next
Addicted
2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:34 pm quote
And I am still working full time in 1 of the few (3) meat packing plants here in the USA that has Not had a huge COVID-19 positive problem. We have had cases, but very few in our over 1500 employees, including management. Our sanitation contractor has fewer employees but has and more positive with Covid-19. And we are working a lot of 6 day weeks still, and if it’s damp, my scoot is the only ride in the parking lot, but I am about 2 miles each way.
Have done some riding but no trips down river to play in St. Louis, want to but if I have a weekend off work, their positive rates and hospitalization rates have ticked back up....guess nature is telling me something there. But If schools around here open up our plant will become plague riddled fast. We run into every darn bug coming into the plant and spreading every fall when school starts, those of us with no kids and no kid contact can be sure to catch whatever is going around from our coworkers. I will keep wearing masks and be glad for all the company has done and is doing to slow the spread. Can’t ride if I am under quarantine.
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:10 am quote
MG, following the COVID guidelines should also help protect you from all other colds, 'flu etc. Riding you scoot isn't dangerous. You are in the open air with huge amounts of air volume to dilute any bugs that may be drifting around.
It is close human proximity and surface contact that pass it on.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:17 am quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
Pro Sports “Glimpse” as of 07.28.2020 from the View Point of Big Boys Mother

MLB
Since MLB opened “the 60 game season” last weekend; the Marlins season is temporarily suspended until Sunday due to the immense covid19 outbreak they have experienced; and, the three games remaining between the Yankees and Phillies have been postponed. The Marlins are currently “stranded” in Philadelphia, with contact tracing happening. "MLB said Tuesday there had been no new positive results involving on-field personnel from any of the other 29 clubs in more than 6,400 tests conducted since Friday." 6400 tests (over a four day period)! Just for baseball players to play baseball!

NBA
One LA Clippers numnut, is given permission to leave the “bubble,” to go to a funeral in Atlanta, then decides to go to a “gentleman’s club” for dinner. Really? Moron or Idiot? Now quarantined for 10 days - wonder how his team mates feel? Surely, his contract includes a penalty clause for being stupid! Gotta love social media for situations like this!

NFL
Players are beginning to opt out – the first to opt-out, Chiefs Guard, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. A practicing physician in Canada and the only medical school graduate in the NFL, currently. He states, "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients." Currently, there are six players with the Patriots who have opted-out from play; I guess since Brady is now with the Bucs, and he was able to convince the Gronk out of retirement – what’s left in NE?

I enjoy sports, and pro sports, are a business. But, when do you say Uncle? I mean, the Dodgers are allowing fans to pay $149 to have a cardboard cut-out of their dog, placed in a section of the stadium, to cheer on the team. Considering there are no real people, at least "man's best friend," will be there to cheer on the team.

Where are the priorities?
Sports are important for us as a culture. Not to everyone but to many and they bring us together as a community. Now during a pandemic.... meh. However I do think the NHL and NBA are doing it the smart way. Our federal government also looks pretty good not allowing the Jays to play in Toronto. Baseball may lose its season by not really thinking it through. The NBA playing in covid-19 ravaged Florida may have a tougher go of it. But at least it is in a bubble. Just have to keep their players out of strip clubs. The NHL should be ok as things are under control for the most part where the games are being played. Time will tell. Toronto is going on to phase 3 soon so hopefully we do not see a huge up tick in things.
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 pm quote
https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/topnews/2020/07/29/coronavirus-150.000-morti-in-usa-21-stati-zona-rossa_d0d30f8c-93c7-48d1-9b31-45250d22b3f4.html

Coronavirus: 150,000 deaths in the US, 21 red zone states
New York Times database

(ANSA) - WASHINGTON, JUL 29 - At least 150 thousand people died in the United States due to the coronavirus. This is what emerges from the New York Times database, according to which the US states defined as 'red zones' have risen to 21, with an unprecedented boom of infections.
Addicted
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:35 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
Pro Sports “Glimpse” as of 07.28.2020 from the View Point of Big Boys Mother

MLB
Since MLB opened “the 60 game season” last weekend; the Marlins season is temporarily suspended until Sunday due to the immense covid19 outbreak they have experienced; and, the three games remaining between the Yankees and Phillies have been postponed. The Marlins are currently “stranded” in Philadelphia, with contact tracing happening. "MLB said Tuesday there had been no new positive results involving on-field personnel from any of the other 29 clubs in more than 6,400 tests conducted since Friday." 6400 tests (over a four day period)! Just for baseball players to play baseball!

NBA
One LA Clippers numnut, is given permission to leave the “bubble,” to go to a funeral in Atlanta, then decides to go to a “gentleman’s club” for dinner. Really? Moron or Idiot? Now quarantined for 10 days - wonder how his team mates feel? Surely, his contract includes a penalty clause for being stupid! Gotta love social media for situations like this!

NFL
Players are beginning to opt out – the first to opt-out, Chiefs Guard, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. A practicing physician in Canada and the only medical school graduate in the NFL, currently. He states, "I cannot allow myself to potentially transmit the virus in our communities simply to play the sport that I love. If I am to take risks, I will do it caring for patients." Currently, there are six players with the Patriots who have opted-out from play; I guess since Brady is now with the Bucs, and he was able to convince the Gronk out of retirement – what’s left in NE?

I enjoy sports, and pro sports, are a business. But, when do you say Uncle? I mean, the Dodgers are allowing fans to pay $149 to have a cardboard cut-out of their dog, placed in a section of the stadium, to cheer on the team. Considering there are no real people, at least "man's best friend," will be there to cheer on the team.

Where are the priorities?
Sports are important for us as a culture. Not to everyone but to many and they bring us together as a community. Now during a pandemic.... meh. However I do think the NHL and NBA are doing it the smart way. Our federal government also looks pretty good not allowing the Jays to play in Toronto. Baseball may lose its season by not really thinking it through. The NBA playing in covid-19 ravaged Florida may have a tougher go of it. But at least it is in a bubble. Just have to keep their players out of strip clubs. The NHL should be ok as things are under control for the most part where the games are being played. Time will tell. Toronto is going on to phase 3 soon so hopefully we do not see a huge up tick in things.
I was very happy to have two of our main sports back: football and cricket. We concluded our domestic football league and we managed to play 3 test matches against the West Indies in the cricket. The Champions League (football) is returning and Saturday we have the FA Cup which kind of like the Super Bowl but for our football.
Addicted
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
MG, following the COVID guidelines should also help protect you from all other colds, 'flu etc. Riding you scoot isn't dangerous. You are in the open air with huge amounts of air volume to dilute any bugs that may be drifting around.
I am riding all I can but in this state and this county, where I am the Only Piaggio/Vespa rider/owner my butt will be nailed if I am out and about while under a quarantine order. That being strict about it is what has kept our positive rates so low. If I have any reason to be tested or my employer requests it, I am under stay at home and quarantine until I have negative results.
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:38 pm quote
maggiegirl wrote:
Fudmucker wrote:
I am riding all I can but in this state and this county, where I am the Only Piaggio/Vespa rider/owner my butt will be nailed if I am out and about while under a quarantine order. That being strict about it is what has kept our positive rates so low. If I have any reason to be tested or my employer requests it, I am under stay at home and quarantine until I have negative results.
Perfect! Order and discipline and there will be results.
Ossessionato
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 pm quote
News from Italy:
"In the Council of Ministers, President Giuseppe Conte presented a report on the extension of the state of emergency: it is on the basis of this document that the Prime Minister came to Parliament on Tuesday afternoon to" submit the proposal for an extension to the parliamentary scrutiny ". Conte then cashed in the Senate's yes: 157 votes in favor, 125 against. There are many aspects that the executive wants to face in a coronavirus emergency: from finding ships to keep foreigners in quarantine to prolonging the smart working for public and private employees; from the purchase of protective devices and materials to ensure the reopening of schools to the organization of the administrative elections and the referendum; from the new rules for the return of fans to stadiums and fans to concerts at the blocking of flights from countries deemed to be at high risk of contagion, quarantine obligation - including Italians - for those arriving from the United States areas at risk.

Three months extension

The President of the Council will explain to Parliament the reasons why it was decided to renew the decree which expires on 31 July until 15 October 2020. Another three months during which the epidemic curve will be kept under control and until the number of infections it will not be practically zero or in any case very low and when there will be no new outbreaks. The current situation allows in fact to act in derogation on numerous aspects of public life thanks to the issue of Dpcm and ordinances of the Minister for Health. "
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 pm quote
Well Toronto has gone in to phase 3... not sure how I feel about indoor dining and movie theatres, gyms etc being open but here we go.

As far as I can tell most businesses are not going back to working out of the office. At least the clients my company has which are all professional services such as architects and law firms.

What IS weird is that I was terrified that my business was going to get hit and hit hard. I made arrangements for soft landing and we did do salary reductions for a bit. Now we are looking at 2 new pieces of business that will put us ahead of where we were pre covid. Of course the irony is these opportunities came up largely because of covid as we offer consulting services and some companies are looking at scaling back full time staff. We aren't cheap but generally less than a full time employee and equipment and benefits I pay for and not the client. Man what a weird ride this has been and it isn't over yet.
Ossessionato
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:15 am quote
How do you there in the USA? The news that arrives in Italy is alarming ... I hope it is better than what is said.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 am quote
Attila wrote:
How do you there in the USA? The news that arrives in Italy is alarming ... I hope it is better than what is said.
To be honest I don't know how to answer that question without getting banned from this forum!

We have doctors and scientists saying we are in danger and so called "leaders" saying everything is fine and go out and party, it's just a hoax!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 am quote
Wisconsin has reached "red" status for number of cases in all but a few counties. We finally got a mask mandate from the governor, but like his stay at home orders, will likely be challenged by the state legislature. Because, you know, the virus is made up of partisan DNA. We're going to be in this mess for months...

My wife was ecstatic when she heard the news about the mandate...she's been threatening to quit with the constant stress at work.

Just read that Sturgis is on this year, despite 60% or more of locals in opposition. Not that I'd go anyway, but you couldn't pay me this year. Ya think most of that crowd is really going to care?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Just read that Sturgis is on this year, despite 60% or more of locals in opposition. Not that I'd go anyway, but you couldn't pay me this year. Ya think most of that crowd is really going to care?
Wow... just went to the site and yeah looks to be on. That is absolutely insane.... we've banned concerts and festivals etc until... well probably a vaccine and for the pandemic here at least to be over .
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Wow... just went to the site and yeah looks to be on. That is absolutely insane.... we've banned concerts and festivals etc until... well probably a vaccine and for the pandemic here at least to be over .
Not to be too morbid but might be a few more used Harleys for sale this fall!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm quote
kshansen wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Alas, for the lack of Vespas.
Addicted
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:02 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Oh, South Dakota has banned Covid-19 and the governor is sure Trump has gotten that virus to understand that he’s in charge, not some pesky little whatever you call it..... that’s sure not playing well for all those who have died or will spend the rest of their lives with the complications that this pesky little virus likes to leave behind. Me, I’m making masks and keep sharing them, and some of those people keep sharing them, which is why I keep making more masks...
Ossessionato
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
To be honest I don't know how to answer that question without getting banned from this forum!

We have doctors and scientists saying we are in danger and so called "leaders" saying everything is fine and go out and party, it's just a hoax!
https://www.corriere.it/esteri/20_agosto_01/

Coronavirus, the New York Times praises Italy: «From nightmare epicenter to model»
According to the newspaper, Italy is able to give "lessons to the rest of the world". And on the tough lockdown we have experienced, he says: «The Italian authorities have decided to put lives before the economy. And it could also prove more beneficial for the economy itself »

(Link deleted)

I publish the words of the NYT article without the political references but if the moderators consider "political" the post can eliminate it.
I do it in good faith and not to make controversy ... I apologize in advance.
This is the best summary of the situation in Italy.

"How Italy Turned Around Its Coronavirus Calamity

After a stumbling start, the country has gone from being a global pariah to a model — however imperfect — of viral containment that holds lessons for its neighbors and for the United States.

ROME — When the coronavirus erupted in the West, Italy was the nightmarish epicenter, a place to avoid at all costs and a shorthand in the United States and much of Europe for uncontrolled contagion.
(Omissis)
Fast forward a few months, and the United States has suffered tens of thousands more deaths than any country in the world. European states that once looked smugly at Italy are facing new flare-ups. Some are imposing fresh restrictions and weighing whether to lock down again.
(Omissis)
And Italy? Its hospitals are basically empty of Covid-19 patients. Daily deaths attributed to the virus in Lombardy, the northern region that bore the brunt of the pandemic, hover around zero. The number of new daily cases has plummeted to “one of the lowest in Europe and the world,” said Giovanni Rezza, director of the infective illness department at the National Institute of Health. “We have been very prudent.”

And lucky. Today, despite a tiny uptick in cases this week, Italians are cautiously optimistic that they have the virus in check — even as Italy’s leading health experts warn that complacency remains the jet fuel of the pandemic. They are aware that the picture can change at any moment.

How Italy has gone from being a global pariah to a model — however imperfect — of viral containment holds fresh lessons for the rest of the world, including the United States, where the virus, never under control, now rages across the country.

After a stumbling start, Italy has consolidated, or at least maintained, the rewards of a tough nationwide lockdown through a mix of vigilance and painfully gained medical expertise.

Its government has been guided by scientific and technical committees. Local doctors, hospitals and health officials collect more than 20 indicators on the virus daily and send them to regional authorities, who then forward them to the National Institute of Health.

The result is a weekly X-ray of the country’s health upon which policy decisions are based. That is a long way from the state of panic, and near collapse, that hit Italy in March.

This week, Parliament voted to extend the government’s emergency powers through Oct. 15 after Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte argued the nation could not let its guard down “because the virus is still circulating.”

Those powers allow the government to keep restrictions in place and respond quickly — including with lockdowns — to any new clusters. The government has already imposed travel restrictions on more than a dozen countries to Italy, as the importation of the virus from countries is now the government’s greatest fear.

“There are a lot of situations in France, Spain, the Balkans, which means that the virus is not off at all,” said Ranieri Guerra, assistant director general for strategic initiatives at the World Health Organization and an Italian doctor. “It can come back at any time.”

There is no doubt that the privations of the lockdown were economically costly. For three months, businesses and restaurants were ordered closed, movement was highly restricted — even between regions, towns and streets — and tourism ground to a halt. Italy is expected to lose about 10 percent of its gross domestic product this year.

But at a certain point, as the virus threatened to spread uncontrollably, Italian officials decided to put lives ahead of the economy. “The health of the Italian people comes and will always come first,” Mr. Conte said at the time.

Italian officials now hope that the worst of the cure came in one large dose — the painful lockdown — and that the country is now safe to resume normal life, albeit with limits. They argue that the only way to start up the economy is to keep tamping down the virus, even now.

The strategy of closing down completely invited criticism that the government’s excessive caution was paralyzing the economy. But it may prove to be more advantageous than trying to reopen the economy while the virus still rages, as is happening in countries like the United States, Brazil and Mexico.

That does not mean that calls for continued vigilance, as elsewhere in the world, have been immune to mockery, resistance and exasperation. In that, Italy is no different.

Masks often are missing or lowered in trains or buses, where they are mandatory. Young people are going out and doing the things young people do — and risk in that way spreading the virus to more susceptible parts of the population. Adults started gathering at the beach and for birthday barbecues. There is still no clear plan for a return to school in September.

There is also a burgeoning, and politically motivated, anti-mask contingent led by nationalist Matteo Salvini, who on July 27 declared that replacing handshakes and hugs with elbow bumps was “the end of the human species.”

At his rallies, Mr. Salvini, the leader of the populist League party, still shakes hands and wears his mask like a chin guard. In July, during a news conference, he accused the Italian government of “importing” infected immigrants to create new clusters and extend the state of emergency.

This week, Mr. Salvini joined other mask skeptics — nicknamed the “negationists” by critics — for a protest in the Senate library, along with special guests such as the Italian crooner Andrea Bocelli, who said he did not believe the pandemic was so serious because “I know a lot of people and I don’t know anyone who ended up in an I.C.U.”

But the country’s leading health experts say that the lack of severe cases is indicative of a decrease in the volume of infections, as only a small percentage of the infected get very sick. And so far, Italy’s malcontents have not been numerous or powerful enough to undermine what has been a hard-won trajectory of success in confronting the virus after a calamitous start.

Italy’s initial isolation by European neighbors at the outset of the crisis, when masks and ventilators were hardly pouring in from across the borders, may actually have helped, Mr. Guerra, the W.H.O. expert, said.

“There was competition initially, there was no collaboration,” Mr. Guerra said. “And everyone acknowledged Italy was left alone at that time.” As a result, he said, “what they had to do at that time because we were left alone turned out to be more effective than other countries.”

Italy first quarantined towns and then the Lombardy region in the north and then the entire peninsula and its islands, despite the near absence of the virus in much of central and southern Italy. That not only prevented workers in the industrial north from returning home in the much more vulnerable south, but it also fostered and forced a unified national response.

During the lockdown, movement was strictly limited, between regions and towns and even city blocks, and people had to fill in “auto-certification” forms to prove that they needed to go outside for work, health or “other necessities.” Masks and social distancing regulations were enforced by some regional authorities with steep fines. Generally, if grudgingly, the rules were followed.

As searing scenes of human suffering, empty streets and the heavy toll on an elderly generation of northern Italians spread, the transmission rate of the virus quickly decreased, and the curve flattened, as opposed to other European countries, such as Sweden, which pursued an alternative to locking down.

That the initial outbreak was localized in the overwhelmed hospitals created enormous stress, but it also enabled doctors and nurses to expedite contact tracing.

Then the country reopened, gradually, expanding liberties at two-week intervals to respond to the virus’s incubation period.

The lockdown eventually had a secondary effect of decreasing the volume of virus circulating in society, and thus reducing the probability of coming in contact with someone who had it. At the end of the lockdown, the virus circulation had steeply fallen off and in some central and southern regions, there were hardly any chains of transmission at all.

“It’s always a matter of probability with these pathogens,” said Mr. Guerra, adding that new early alarm systems such as the monitoring of wastewater for traces of virus had lowered the probability of infection even more.

Some Italian doctors say they believe that the virus is now behaving differently in Italy. Matteo Bassetti, an infectious-disease doctor in the northwestern city of Genoa, said that during the height of the crisis, his hospital was inundated with 500 Covid-19 cases at one time. Now, he said, his intensive care unit, with 50 beds, has no coronavirus patients, and the 60-bed Covid-19 unit built specially for the crisis is empty.

He said he thought that the virus had weakened — an unproven view, he acknowledged, that has nonetheless found an eager audience in Mr. Salvini and other politicians opposed to extending the state of emergency.

Most health experts said that the virus still loomed, and as the government considers a new decree to reopen night clubs, festivals and cruise ship travel, many of them have implored the country not to let down its guard.

“Even if the situation is better than in other countries, we should continue to be very prudent,” said Dr. Rezza of the National Institute of Health, adding that he thought the question of what Italy had done right was better posed “at the end of the epidemic.”

“We cannot exclude that we will have outbreaks in Italy in the next few days,” he said. “Maybe it’s just a matter of time.”

Let's love each other and be careful, it's not over yet ...

PS: "Drive in" tampons are made in my city ...

https://www.latina24ore.it/latina/160088/covid-3-nuovi-casi-domani-drive-in-allospedale-goretti-di-latina-per-effettuare-i-tamponi/?fbclid=IwAR1dv2QyoBeuR-GPqLdnd6niGDGQe-TqAkjHpItkGD_NDVu8VVfvIUFrHLQ
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:30 am quote
The current US Covid death doubling rate is 81 days, up from 63 days a month ago when I predicted 1M deaths by Jan 1. Using the current numbers, about 425K will die in the US from Covid by Jan 1; and 330K dead by Nov 1, just before the election day in the US.

Wear a mask over your face and nose (not just over your mouth or around your chin), wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer.
Miguel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 am quote
Miguel wrote:
The current US Covid death doubling rate is 81 days, up from 63 days a month ago when I predicted 1M deaths by Jan 1. Using the current numbers, about 425K will die in the US from Covid by Jan 1; and 330K dead by Nov 1, just before the election day in the US.

Wear a mask over your face and nose (not just over your mouth or around your chin), wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer.
Miguel
Fully agree, I see way too many people with their honker sticking out over the top. Yes they are uncomfortable but at least put the damn thing over your nose as you order your latte.
Ossessionato
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:30 am quote
Addicted

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:04 am quote
New York City . . . Amid pandemic, mopeds have a moment in car-loving US
Ossessionato
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:25 am quote
Collateral effect...
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:35 pm quote
tortoise wrote:
Cynically, I'd say that Vespa dealer put out a press release and AFP bit on it -- and good for them!

And hey, if it gets people to consider scooters, particularly Vespas, that's a good thing.
Ossessionato
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm quote
Nah ... The scooter taken out of need is fine but then it must become a lifestyle.
Remaining in topic, I say that the virus has certainly changed many of your habits, if it has been positive, time will tell.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:46 am quote
Crazy right?
The top four US states by population in order:
1. California
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. New York

The top four US states in numbers of positive covid test results in order:
1. California
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. New York

Go figure.
Hooked
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 am quote
What are the stats in terms of cases per 1,000 population?
What is the % of tests coming back positive?

These are the statistics that count.
Moderatus Rana
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am quote
VesperGeezer wrote:

No idea but you are right. There are other numbers especially those that show deaths by demographics like age that are more important.

I posted this because the rank and file people that are freaking out about total numbers seem to not be aware that the four largest states would most probably have the most number of positive tests and that the totals really don't mean much.
Hooked
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
VesperGeezer wrote:

No idea but you are right. There are other numbers especially those that show deaths by demographics like age that are more important.

I posted this because the rank and file people that are freaking out about total numbers seem to not be aware that the four largest states would most probably have the most number of positive tests and that the totals really don't mean much.
Aye, amazes me how uneducated some people can be. With something life-threatening, you think people would try their best to be better informed so they can make rational decisions. But then many of our political masters aren't exactly gifted in the cognitive abilities department either...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Fully agree, I see way too many people with their honker sticking out over the top. Yes they are uncomfortable but at least put the damn thing over your nose as you order your latte.
This one really irks me. I'm wearing a mask correctly to protect them, but they can't be bothered to do the same for me because its "uncomfortable"? A lot of things in life aren't comfortable.
Moderatus Rana
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
This one really irks me. I'm wearing a mask correctly to protect them, but they can't be bothered to do the same for me because its "uncomfortable"? A lot of things in life aren't comfortable.
And a lot of things are not fair. In fact most things are not. Since I cannot put a lot of stock in how others think they should behave, instead of worrying about it I focus on what I think I need to do to keep myself and my family as protected as possible. There is no payoff in wasting energy on things you cannot control.
Hooked
GTS 300
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Might be a good time to pick up a corvette.
Addicted
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:28 pm quote
Had a text from our plant management, they are (finally) going to start randomly testing for Covid-19 at the plant. It is optional but refusing gets you a 10 day holiday with No Pay. Testing positive gets you Paid time off and any medical bills paid. The company has been working for months on being able to get testing supplies, they have been working on being able to do this since the first week in March! Yes, I am very glad this is finally happening! Especially as many I work near have school age children who most likely will soon be in school, little walking talking germ factories
Ossessionato
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 am quote
joe register wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Might be a good time to pick up a corvette.
No ... to work by transporting other people you need a car with a large passenger compartment, a large SUV or a minivan possibly with oxygen pipes and disposable masks to be connected.
If this continues, you will travel by plane, train and bus in this way. As usual, reality has surpassed science fiction!
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:48 am quote
Things were looking good. We thought it was under control. Then something happened. There is yet to be an official enquiry, but the consensus is that some private contractors, who were meant to be supervising infected hotel quarantined , had 'intimate' relations with some, went home infecting family and so on, and so on. Now spreading from state to state.
So private conctractors are out, police and the army are in checking to see if those potentially infected are at home self isolating. 25 % were not.
They were on walkabout, at work, shopping. One drove 300 kilometres "to get a burger". Another beyond the 5 kilometre home radius limit "to get some fresh air".
While we have Dumb & Dumber in our midst, a vaccine is the only hope.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:07 am quote
Our quarantine guards are falling asleep on the job... because they are working a 2nd shift afterwards driving ubers. What could go wrong?
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:51 am quote
My state governor has it.
Wait....no he doesn't!
O.S.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:51 am quote
Sledge wrote:
Things were looking good. We thought it was under control. Then something happened. There is yet to be an official enquiry, but the consensus is that some private contractors, who were meant to be supervising infected hotel quarantined , had 'intimate' relations with some, went home infecting family and so on, and so on. Now spreading from state to state.
So private conctractors are out, police and the army are in checking to see if those potentially infected are at home self isolating. 25 % were not.
They were on walkabout, at work, shopping. One drove 300 kilometres "to get a burger". Another beyond the 5 kilometre home radius limit "to get some fresh air".
While we have Dumb & Dumber in our midst, a vaccine is the only hope.
Yeah that seems to be the same problem lots of places are having. Toronto is getting really strict about it now that we are under control. Any bar stupid enough to host a large party runs a very real risk of losing its liquor license. Let's all keep our fingers crossed where we have low numbers and hope there is a vaccine and plenty of it. Face it some countries will not share so very thankful Canada has some very promising candidates we are working with other countries on.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:23 am quote
OldSchooot wrote:
My state governor has it.
Wait....no he doesn't!
O.S.
Umm, yeah, that was interesting. Testing is "interesting."

Got up, peeked at Twitter, saw an encouraging note from our Governor about wearing masks, which clearly half of the commenters took umbrage at, for a whole variety of reasons. Never knew there were so many varieties of stupid and stubborn out there.

We also had a nice little party in the next county over....people out in boats, then apparently gathering shoulder to shoulder on a sandbar or similar, drinking. Perfect outdoor activity, no? Like we don't have Sturgis so we've GOT to come up with something...
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:42 pm quote
And then I see at least one report that says:

Dr.Fauci’s daughters live all over the U.S. Due to death threats, he’s hired security for all of them!

I'm really beginning to this maybe the end of things getting started

And on a more personal note wife just learned that her father-in-law from a previous marriage who has been dealing with various health problems at 90 years old has been today diagnosed with Covid.

Wife is very close to him and he also treats me like a member of his extended family. Makes me sick to think this might be the end for him. And like so many have had to deal with one of the worst things is not being able to be there to try to comfort him in his time of need!

So if I get a bit upset with those in power who keep dismissing this a a hoax or some made up plot to interfere with someone BS RIGHTS! I hope you will forgive me for not smiling at you while you fail to try to do something a simple as covering your dam virus spewing hole!
Addicted
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:56 pm quote
Kshansen, I don’t think it’s a hoax and there’s no way my employer thinks it’s a hoax, they make employees Buy some of our own ppe for work in a meat plant but they are Paying for masks, and a lot of people to go around and sanitize every table and the now in place screens to stop air flow from person to person in the cafeteria and our bathrooms and locker rooms. They are footing the costs of testing now, and of people not working but being paid because a coworker or housemate/partner/spouse also working in plant tested positive. Too cheap to buy a $1 plastic apron for the employees but spending $$ on masks and sanitation and extra people to hand out masks as everyone enters plant, and all the sanitation chemicals. They wound not spend a dime if they thought for minute this was not a serious threat, not just to the people working in the plant but to their production and their filling contracts for meat sales.
But I have now almost trained those gals with the masks to Move out of the way when I come in to park my scooter, 3 gals across the entry way to the motorcycle/USDA parking area gets old fast. They are now starting to move enough for me to come in to park without my having to stop and ask someone to Move so I can park.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...575859Next
[ Time: 0.1948s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0570s) ][ Debug on ]