[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...7980818283Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 pm quote
Tor2ga wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Just popped a bottle of Moet and getting in the jacuzzi tub with the wife while listening to music. Yay waterproof phones! So I get to play DJ over our Sonos speakers in the bathroom. Going to forget about all this crap for a while. First song is going to be Baba O'Riley followed up by Brand new Cadillac then maybe some Johnny Cash.
Be very careful there. Remember, accidents cause people.
And people cause corona!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:39 pm quote
Tor2ga wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Just popped a bottle of Moet and getting in the jacuzzi tub with the wife while listening to music. Yay waterproof phones! So I get to play DJ over our Sonos speakers in the bathroom. Going to forget about all this crap for a while. First song is going to be Baba O'Riley followed up by Brand new Cadillac then maybe some Johnny Cash.
Be very careful there. Remember, accidents cause people.
That I believe was Elvis Costello. Meh no worries about that as we decided ages ago that our children would all have fur and enjoy belly rubs.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:24 am quote
Deworming the family
It is time to deworm the pets.
The two dogs and the cat have their tablets.
The wife and our daughter have their tablets.
I am going with Ivermectin 1%

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I am expecting a bit of diarreah when any parasites leave.
Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:31 pm quote
Some things are better left unsaid
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:31 am quote
This would also fit in the "What's pissing you off..." thread:

I'm FB friends with a couple that I know through a mutual friend in real life. They have three children, who they homeschool. The children range in age from approximately 13-18 years old.

They are constantly travelling between the Dallas area and Galveston, or Dallas and other states, for various activities. When they do so, the mom (and sometimes dad) will post pics of them in groups, not wearing masks. But the mom will also post about her concerns about COVID-19, and how anti-maskers are stupid, and they're going to get the vaccine, etc. So it's a very mixed message, kind of "do as I say, not as I do."

Well, it's come back to haunt them now. She just posted that the dad has tested positive, and that she feels sick and has been tested and is awaiting the results. The kids are fine. The parents are quarantining in their bedroom.

It makes me want to say, "WTF did you think was going to happen?"
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:38 pm quote
I'm scheduled to get my first vaccine shot on Saturday. Ms Miguel got her first shot 10 days ago. Several friends in the San Francisco Bay Area are also getting appointment times.

I'd been frustrated by not being able to get an appointment thru the only local health care system (Dignity Health) that was allowing my age group because my doctor was not part of Dignity Health. I clearly didn't understand because the shots were being given in a public school gymnasium, the staff and supplies were being paid the federal government. So I went by the place and got a chance to talk with a supervisor. A very nice fellow that took the time to explain that the reason they weren't allowing the general public was that they didn't have the infrastructure nor staff to support more shots. They were trying to get to 1000 shots/day. That all made sense to me. I can argue that the system didn't make sense too. Anyway, he encourage me to think thru all the physicians I had visited with thru my life here (36 years) and I remembered a I had a hand physician who was part of Dignity Health. I called his office this morning and they made an appoint for me while I waited!! It was the first appointment she'd scheduled. My kudos to that young woman and the many others doing a lot of the low level work to make this work. My point is that you might need to be a little aggressive assertive to get yourself in line as early as possible.

Finally, inoculations begin. Cheers. Miguel👍😎

Last edited by Miguel on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:44 pm quote
tonymarchman wrote:
Some things are better left unsaid
You don't say.

The liguid was too thick for the needle of the syringe I had so I'll have to get a bigger one today from the pharmacy.

(We can legally buy them in South Africa - with needles!)

I managed to get a drop or two out and mixed with a teaspoon of aqueous cream and applied that topically. I'll do the correct dose tonight.

President Cyril had a little family chat with us again last night. We've all been good children and the infection rate has come down. Before the remaining 70% of restaurants close down permanently (and shed even more jobs) and before the liquor industry takes him to court for damages,Cabinet have reviewed the restrictions again.

Beaches and parks will open again (after the holidays are over) subject to social distancing and restaurants may sell alcohol again (if they haven't closed down aready.) Bottle shops can sell Monday through Thursday and our curfew now only kicks in at 11PM. Watch them run out of stock on day one again like last time as hoarders buy up available stocks with their recent paychecks.

BTW - South Africa now officially does not use cheques anymore. As of 1 Jan 2021, no South African bank will issue a cheque book to clients. Within the Southern African Customs Union area, all payments must now be cash or Electronic Funds Transfer. Banking cash into your account incurs a deposit fee of 5% on a reducing rate scale
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:22 am quote
Today I put my 84-year-old mother on the online vaccine list for March 4th first dose and second dose March 24th.
I am in the area 60 years of age and above for April ...
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:24 am quote
I now know nearly a dozen people who've received their first shot, including my 82 year old ma, and my wife's oncologist said she can sign up now.

Meanwhile, I'm pen pals with a guy who lives in Nicaragua, who in a passing comment wrote "well, at least you will be able to get the vaccine."

He meant someday, perhaps in the next year, while it may be years before it's available in Nicaragua at all.

It's worth pausing for a minute, every day, to think of how lucky we are to be alive, now, when the technology exists to discover and produce and distribute not just one but a handful of vaccines in less than one year.

I could harp on social inequities etc etc to no effect, but really I just want to express gratitude for living in an era of unprecedented medical science, and for lucking into being on the right side of the socio-economic coin toss.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:39 am quote
tdrake wrote:
I now know nearly a dozen people who've received their first shot, including my 82 year old ma, and my wife's oncologist said she can sign up now.

Meanwhile, I'm pen pals with a guy who lives in Nicaragua, who in a passing comment wrote "well, at least you will be able to get the vaccine."

He meant someday, perhaps in the next year, while it may be years before it's available in Nicaragua at all.

It's worth pausing for a minute, every day, to think of how lucky we are to be alive, now, when the technology exists to discover and produce and distribute not just one but a handful of vaccines in less than one year.

I could harp on social inequities etc etc to no effect, but really I just want to express gratitude for living in an era of unprecedented medical science, and for lucking into being on the right side of the socio-economic coin toss.
Well said.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 pm quote
Unofficial advertising slogan to promote corona vaccination -
'Take the prick, don't be a prick.'
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=prick
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:27 am quote
Sledge wrote:
... is it a positive or a negative thing ...?
Excuse me but the pun is untranslatable in my language.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:18 am quote
Take the prick (injection)
don't be a prick (penis)
Hooked
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 am quote
My wife tested positive last night for Covid so later today is my turn. I already have the dry cough and headache. Bumpy ride ahead! I wish my sick would have been from a night of drinking!
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 am quote
sc00ter wrote:
My wife tested positive last night for Covid so later today is my turn. I already have the dry cough and headache. Bumpy ride ahead! I wish my sick would have been from a night of drinking!
healing thoughts sent to you and your wife
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:34 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Take the prick (injection)
don't be a prick (penis)
Thanks! Now I understand.
2007 LX 150 (memories)
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:13 am quote
Got my first shot (Moderna) Monday, the 1st. No side effects other than the usual sore upper arm typical with most injections.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 pm quote
Best wishes to you and yours Scooter.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:34 pm quote
znomit wrote:
Best wishes to you and yours Scooter.
From me too, Scooter.
I hope you both ride this one out OK.
Hooked
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:50 pm quote
POSITIVE. Just starting to feel the symptoms. Gonna be an interesting ride.
Ossessionato
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 pm quote
sc00ter wrote:
Sorry to hear our sc00ter. We’ll be thinking of you. Stay in touch. Miguel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:48 am quote
sc00ter wrote:
Keep us updated and take care.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:48 am quote
Sorry to hear this as well sc00ter. You take care of yourself and get better.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am quote
sc00ter wrote:
If you are willing to share - do you know how or where you and your wife were exposed? Always good to know where the real risks lurk.

I wish you and your wife well as you get through this.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am quote
Covid Vaccine at drug store?
Well I heard that the local pharmacy was going to letting you sign up for an appointment to get the vaccine. This is a pretty large chain that covers much of New York and Vermont. They say they are doing 65 years and up, I'm about six years past that so figured what the heck!

Found the site where you can schedule an appointment and picked the one near to us and went to make an appointment, check Feb-none available, March-none available and so on right to next year same thing!

Guess someone got ahead of themselves setting up a web site before they had any idea of when or if they would be having anything available. I also check a few other branches in the area and it was the same!

At least they did have a place you could ask them to email you when they do have availabilities!
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm quote
Sledge wrote:
I LOVE THIS! Found out there are teachers in the school district that will refuse the vaccine. Like, are you KIDDING ME?

Personally? I'm in a phase 3 trial and received my second shot yesterday. Feel like arse today, gonna hit the sack for a nappy soon.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:28 pm quote
tonyc wrote:
I LOVE THIS! Found out there are teachers in the school district that will refuse the vaccine. Like, are you KIDDING ME?

Personally? I'm in a phase 3 trial and received my second shot yesterday. Feel like arse today, gonna hit the sack for a nappy soon.
Does not surprise me these days, have heard that there are also many health care workers around the country who also are refusing to get the shot! Not sure if this is as common in other countries as here in the USA.

Maybe anyone refusing to get vaccinated without a good medical reason should have to sign a form saying they are not to be treated if they at some future point test positive and be shown the door at the hospital to save room for those that need the services of the hospital.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm quote
Word of the day = Trypanophobia - fear of injections.
Trypanophobics are between 3.5 and 10% of the population, with up to 20% having a fear rather than an actual phobia of needles. Perhaps healthcare workers who refuse vaccination have some of this. A bit like Doc Martin having haemophobia - a fear of blood.
There are some non-needle covid vaccine options, such as vaccines that get sprayed up your nose which are at various stages of research, clinical human trials are still in their infancy.
There is no quick fix for needle phobia, the easiest is a lolly just before the jab. The thinking behind this is that sugar reduces the perception of pain by triggering a small hit of feelgood chemicals in the form of dopamine and opioids in the brain.
Studies into covid vaccine via suppository have really hit rock bottom, but it is an option I can get behind as doctors bust their ass to crack open the covid code.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trypanophobia
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:40 pm quote
Needles...!
I am not afraid of them, I just don't like seeing them go into me.
I am a regular blood donor with over 135 pints donated,
but I still can't watch the phlebotomist stick the needle in.

I took my first full dose of Ivermectin last night.

Like the rest of my South African pioneers I am using a veterinary solution prophylactically. I took 1ml by mouth and 1ml blended into aqueous cream.
I will be taking a second 2ml dose on Saturday evening and again on day 7, 14 and 28. Once per month thereafter.

Last edited by Fudmucker on Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Looking for the next one, probably electric
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:39 am quote
Sledge wrote:
Word of the day = Trypanophobia - fear of injections.
Trypanophobics are between 3.5 and 10% of the population, with up to 20% having a fear rather than an actual phobia of needles. Perhaps healthcare workers who refuse vaccination have some of this. A bit like Doc Martin having haemophobia - a fear of blood.
There are some non-needle covid vaccine options, such as vaccines that get sprayed up your nose which are at various stages of research, clinical human trials are still in their infancy.
There is no quick fix for needle phobia, the easiest is a lolly just before the jab. The thinking behind this is that sugar reduces the perception of pain by triggering a small hit of feelgood chemicals in the form of dopamine and opioids in the brain.
Studies into covid vaccine via suppository have really hit rock bottom, but it is an option I can get behind as doctors bust their ass to crack open the covid code.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trypanophobia
I see what you did there .
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:53 am quote
I get about 6 to 10 nerve block injections every week so needles are no problem. It's getting the vaccine that's next to impossible.
Ossessionato
Looking for the next one, probably electric
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:16 am quote
Yay! I finally got through all the barriers thrown up by the local “leadership” and got an appointment for the shots. We have worked all the phone and on line opportunities for weeks. Today we were watching 7 screens and finally got through. My wife got hers last week. It’s all a crap shoot.

Those of you who live where the vaccine distribution has gone well and efficiently, remember who made it happen and vote for them next chance. Other places like Florida, not so much.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:20 am quote
Here in Italy it goes very slowly ... but it goes.
I wait for me.
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:37 am quote
Tor2ga wrote:
Yay! I finally got through all the barriers thrown up by the local “leadership” and got an appointment for the shots. We have worked all the phone and on line opportunities for weeks. Today we were watching 7 screens and finally got through. My wife got hers last week. It’s all a crap shoot.

Those of you who live where the vaccine distribution has gone well and efficiently, remember who made it happen and vote for them next chance. Other places like Florida, not so much.
My mother finished second round moderna two weeks ago cause she is a Nurse Practicioner and got it through her work. My father spent a month logging onto website every day at 8am until he finally got an appointment for the first pfizer shot about two weeks ago in Port Saint Lucie, FL right before the state switched to their publix vaccine campaign. He said it was chaos both online and at the vaccine site. Both commented its probably not a great idea to do vaccines at a grocery store cause you are bringing more people who could potentially have the virus closer together with people shopping for food.

I will be near the end of the list for vaccine probably end of the summer being 40 and no underlying conditions. Been tested through work multiple times a week for months, spent the first 10 months in NYC and traveled to Florida for the last 2 months and somehow have avoided contracting it. I chalk it up to masks.

I told my sister who lives in florida that I actually enjoy wearing a mask in NYC during the winter.. it keeps you warmer, and people can't see my disdain for them on my face!
Ossessionato
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:07 pm quote
Quote:
Active duty military personnel will soon start assisting vaccination sites in states across the U.S., the White House announced on Friday.
YES!! About time IMO. More details here.

Best
Miguel
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:50 pm quote
Went online to local health dept. very early this morning and got scheduled for next Tues for the vaccine. Won't know which it is until I get there.
Wife (hosp. worker) has had the 2 injections. 94 yr old mother yesterday.

It is happening.
O.S.
Hooked
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:10 pm quote
I survived the Covid, but not sure what the long term affects will be. I have no sense of taste and very little sense of smell. I got the beginners version I guess. My sister has the shot for the 9th of this month and she's not sure if she's gonna go thru with it. Now we got this virus mutating and the current vaccine may not work on the mutated version? Any vaccine is better than nothing though. Stay safe everyone.
Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:45 pm quote
sc00ter wrote:
I survived the Covid, but not sure what the long term affects will be. I have no sense of taste and very little sense of smell. I got the beginners version I guess. My sister has the shot for the 9th of this month and she's not sure if she's gonna go thru with it. Now we got this virus mutating and the current vaccine may not work on the mutated version? Any vaccine is better than nothing though. Stay safe everyone.
I think of it like this... if a condom is only 80% effective, would I just be like, nah... its not guaranteed to prevent pregnancy so I just will go without any protection.

Any protection is better than none. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 pm quote
I think the other important thing to think about is that evidence so far indicates that even if you do get one of the new variants, or the original Covid-19, after being vaccinated - you only have a light case or maybe even a no-symptom case. Seems like all the information suggests nearly everyone is better off getting the vaccination. The sooner, the better.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:09 pm quote
froggieposition wrote:
sc00ter wrote:
I think of it like this... if a condom is only 80% effective, would I just be like, nah... its not guaranteed to prevent pregnancy so I just will go without any protection.

Any protection is better than none. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well said.
The same applies to the other social practices of masks, sanitising, distancing and avoiding crowds.
Add them all together and your protection is much higher.

BTW, I am rather sad to see that the US is rapidly heading for half a million covid deaths. Truth vs alternative reality.
Rallies Europe 2016   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...7980818283Next
[ Time: 0.1946s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0753s) ][ Debug on ]