[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...80818283Next
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:29 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
BTW, I am rather sad to see that the US is rapidly heading for half a million covid deaths. Truth vs alternative reality.
It is sad and will hit 500K deaths in the next couple weeks.

Miguel
Ossessionato
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:21 am quote
I got jabbed this morning. I was completed within 7 minutes of arriving and asked to wait 15 minutes before leaving in case I experienced any side effects. The whole process was efficient, smooth, friendly and painless.

A local health center was allowed to use at a high school gymnasium for vaccinations and covid testing.

Cheers
Miguel

63432441427__008B669A-5847-4A97-AEB6-CD564E02AD16.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 am quote
Miguel wrote:
I got jabbed this morning. I was completed within 7 minutes of arriving and asked to wait 15 minutes before leaving in case I experienced any side effects. The whole process was efficient, smooth, friendly and painless.

A local health center was allowed to use at a high school gymnasium for vaccinations and covid testing.

Cheers
Miguel
Where did they stab you?
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:47 am quote
Attila wrote:
Miguel wrote:

Cheers
Miguel
Where did they stab you?
Miguel got stabbed in the gymnasium.

Last edited by Sledge on Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:52 am quote
Where it hurts the most!
Ossessionato
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 pm quote
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Miguel wrote:

Cheers
Miguel
Where did they stab you?
Side of my arm just below my shoulder joint.
Miguel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:12 pm quote
Miguel wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Miguel wrote:

Cheers
Miguel
Where did they stab you?
Side of my arm just below my shoulder joint.
Miguel
Being stabbed in school is like being young again, literally it happened to me at 16 in school during a group fight over a demonstration; it was the mid-70s and at that time it could also happen to be shot. (I had a troubled past in the young years, maybe one day I'll tell another story).
However, here the vaccines are made in day-hospital and later in time prefabricated structures will be erected where you get into the car, stab you and leave without getting out of the car.
Addicted
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:19 pm quote
Something light at the end of the tunnel-ish.. Scooterwest / Vespa Motorsport was open. It had been by appointment only.

The little guy got to see some shiny new bikes while we waited for some tires to be mounted.

Hes two and has spent half of his life with COVID being a thing. His moppy head of hair as proof.

0A95A9E8-1A0A-4960-B8BB-33CFDCA51E67.jpeg

D4F65BDD-F301-492E-9357-D8EDA9C608BE.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 am quote
I am the uncle of four nephews (two boys and two girls) and although I have never had children I feel a deep tenderness and love for little children who wake up to the world in their innocence.
I hope this disease passes quickly, it is hard to grow up in fear.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:50 pm quote
froggieposition wrote:
sc00ter wrote:
I survived the Covid, but not sure what the long term affects will be. I have no sense of taste and very little sense of smell. I got the beginners version I guess. My sister has the shot for the 9th of this month and she's not sure if she's gonna go thru with it. Now we got this virus mutating and the current vaccine may not work on the mutated version? Any vaccine is better than nothing though. Stay safe everyone.
I think of it like this... if a condom is only 80% effective, would I just be like, nah... its not guaranteed to prevent pregnancy so I just will go without any protection.

Any protection is better than none. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hey, great minds and all that..... thought of that after reading someone's comments about people wearing masks and still getting sick. Well, duh, hardly anything is 100%....
Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
BTW, I am rather sad to see that the US is rapidly heading for half a million covid deaths. Truth vs alternative reality.
I feel the same. We have people here who will deny covid exists right up until they are sedated to be put on a respirator. Even weirder is the fact instead of learning, they double down. I dont get it. Guess I will see them in the hospital when I am their nurse.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:52 am quote
froggieposition wrote:
I think of it like this... if a condom is only 80% effective, would I just be like, nah...

Does this mean that if i put my head in a condom i could still have a 20% chance of catching the virus?

Naaah...I do not believe it.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:04 am quote
Attila wrote:
froggieposition wrote:
I think of it like this... if a condom is only 80% effective, would I just be like, nah...

Does this mean that if i put my head in a condom i could still have a 20% chance of catching the virus?

I'd say the chances would be much less. The condom over the head would make the "social distancing" thing pretty easy to comply with. I think all others would be helping you on that one!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:10 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
froggieposition wrote:

I'd say the chances would be much less. The condom over the head would make the "social distancing" thing pretty easy to comply with. I think all others would be helping you on that one!
Optimism, that's what it takes.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:21 pm quote
Attila wrote:
froggieposition wrote:

You could be like the Irish and wear TWO condoms...

As they say: "To be sure,to be sure!"

(PS - I am 1/8 Irish so I can poke fun at my ancestors)
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:51 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Attila wrote:
froggieposition wrote:

You could be like the Irish and wear TWO condoms...

As they say: "To be sure,to be sure!"

(PS - I am 1/8 Irish so I can poke fun at my ancestors)
By the way Fud .... the South African variant has arrived in Italy so there is no need for me to come on holiday in your area.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 am quote
It seems to be our biggest export at the moment !

We are all shaking our heads about our government importing the A-Z vaccine.
It seems that the A-Z vaccine is less than 30% effective against the ZA-bug !

I see that from Monday, UK wants visitors from South Africa (and many other 'red list' countries) to pay upfront for ten days hotel isolation, transport to and from the airport plus 2 Covid tests. The cost of this alone is equal to my monthly pension, so I guess I will not be visiting The Mud Islands anytime soon...

Perhaps South Africa should market "Isolation tourism"?
Instead of sitting enclosed in a tiny apartment in a cold and wet EU city,
you could be isolating in a place with a view like this:

2inBush.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:13 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:

I see that from Monday, UK wants visitors from South Africa (and many other 'red list' countries) to pay upfront for ten days hotel isolation, transport to and from the airport plus 2 Covid tests. The cost of this alone is equal to my monthly pension, so I guess I will not be visiting The Mud Islands anytime soon...

Yeah and how exactly are they getting there? Last time I looked at a map that is a long drive with some tricky bits involving water.
Hooked
GTS 300 Touring
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:

The trouble with viruses is they mutate. Im hoping the AZ vaccine is somewhat effective as I had my first dose last Wednesday. My understanding is that its probably not going to stop a mild or moderate case of mutated covid but will probably prevent that case getting to the stage where hospitalisation is required. I imagine the boffins are already working on new vaccine strains, after all we get a new flu vaccine every year. As they say around here, owts better than nowt.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:56 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Yeah and how exactly are they getting there? Last time I looked at a map that is a long drive with some tricky bits involving water.
Airlines are still flying into South Africa and our entry requirements are not nearly as stringent as EU etc.

Prior to COVID, we had a lucrative plastic surgery tourism market.
Celebs and wealthy clients would fly in for their augmentations, lifts and tucks and then recuperate in the bush "on safari".

Go to hospital and get back home with a suntan.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:35 am quote
I think i caught an english virus, i've been drinking tea for six days...
I have another medical news that is more serious but not as dangerous as the covid ... I have been diagnosed with excessive consumption of the hip and I will have to get a prosthesis but ... now the hospitals are still full and I will have but to wait seven months to do the operation; consider that making a paid hip replacement costs about 20,000 while with public health it is free but with waiting times as long as three months when there is no health emergency like now.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:29 am quote
Attila wrote:
I have been diagnosed with excessive consumption of the hip
Must have been Rosehip tea.

xtznh1qeekepkxv0vbxp rosehip 2.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:15 am quote
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Oh no!
I only drink Twining or Lipton, strictly decaffeinated.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 am quote
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Oh no!
Oh god, not those dreadful half-full teabags with string and a bit of cardboard attached. They are one of my pet hates!

Get PG tips or Tetley - and NEVER decaffeinated!

On another note, I've just had a voicemail on my UK phone from my UK doctor's asking me to come in for a Covid vaccination. I had to Skype them and explain I was in the USA for the foreseeable future.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am quote
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Oh no!
Whoa! Slow down there buttero

https://youtu.be/sSBAPMQEctg

On the tea front... Where to start??? For the most part I'm not even a big tea drinker but do yourself a favour and order some good loose leaf tea like Harney & Sons and let it steep in a warm pot or use a simple infuser. So much better and yes, never decaf!

https://www.harney.com/?rfsn=2822768.275d8d&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=2822768.275d8d

The true irony is I had no idea what would be on their main page (really I did not!) and it made me chuckle.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:52 am quote
jimc wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Oh no!
Oh god, not those dreadful half-full teabags with string and a bit of cardboard attached. They are one of my pet hates!

Get PG tips or Tetley - and NEVER decaffeinated!

On another note, I've just had a voicemail on my UK phone from my UK doctor's asking me to come in for a Covid vaccination. I had to Skype them and explain I was in the USA for the foreseeable future.
I admit, desecrating the tea ritual with bags and string is not ideal but it is comfortable.
Jim ... I've been hypertensive lately (who isn't?) So I only drink decaffeinated coffee and tea but not normally.
So... how are you going to get the vaccination?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:52 am quote
Shebalba, every time I come back to this thread, I stop and linger at this photo. It is truly a great scooter/motorcycle photo! Perhaps this fellow has a G400C in his future.

Shebalba.jpeg

Moderaptor
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 am quote
Attila wrote:
jimc wrote:
[]
So... how are you going to get the vaccination?
I'll wait until my US doctor emails or phones me to say vaccine is available! There's not only a shortage, but distribution is shambolic. Hey-ho.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:54 pm quote
I got my second Moderna vaccine today.

It was through the hospital that includes my primary care physician.

I received an email from the hospital six weeks ago, saying that I was eligible for the vaccine, offering a time to come in to get it done.

I picked one then, walked the three blocks to the hospital and received the first vaccine four weeks ago.

The second today, so I am set until the mutations require a booster.

I am hoping that it works.

Bill
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm quote
Hi Bill, I'm glad you have protection. Were there any side effects?
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:09 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Hi Bill, I'm glad you have protection. Were there any side effects?
So far, only a sore arm, like last time.

My wife felt bad for a day after her second shot, even running a fever.

Not me...yet, nine hours after.

Bill

Edit: Next morning and I am at work.

Feeling fine.

Only a sore arm, like last time.

My eyes are slightly glazed.
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 am quote
Received the first of the 2 Moderna injections two days ago.
Health dept. used the old JC Penney store at the closed mall.
Friendly and efficient folks.
Sore shoulder at injection sight - no other side effects......well, I still don't like broccoli and still can't play the violin, but ....fingers crossed.

O.S.

Last edited by OldSchooot on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 am quote
However ModeRna is an american pharmaceutical company despite the name.
It's just that putting on a brand in the italian language makes the wearer dignified. How many mystery ...I am convinced of the opposite.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 am quote
Attila wrote:
However ModeRna is an american pharmaceutical company despite the name.
It's just that putting on a brand in the italian language makes the wearer dignified. How many mystery ...I am convinced of the opposite.
the name Moderna seems to come from Modified RNA in this case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleoside-modified_messenger_RNA
Addicted
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:25 am quote
Interesting piece in The Economist about a side-effect of the pandemic on the status of democracy in the world going backwards. Just 8.4% of the world's population live in full democracies according to their latest index.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/02/02/global-democracy-has-a-very-bad-year?utm_campaign=editorial-social&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Z_PTTWUUGwtthISiEpostP6PB75PB5JuHI2h-WgSM4bBmHIkhTFpWsgI
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:33 am quote
VesperGeezer wrote:
Interesting piece in The Economist about a side-effect of the pandemic on the status of democracy in the world going backwards. Just 8.4% of the world's population live in full democracies according to their latest index.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/02/02/global-democracy-has-a-very-bad-year?utm_campaign=editorial-social&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Z_PTTWUUGwtthISiEpostP6PB75PB5JuHI2h-WgSM4bBmHIkhTFpWsgI
I am not going to comment but that link may piss some people off around here... But hey at least up here we are dark blue.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 am quote
... even if it's a fair consideration, I wonder what a "complete democracy" is ...
This has too many political implications to be discussed here.
Addicted
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:01 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
VesperGeezer wrote:

I am not going to comment but that link may piss some people off around here... But hey at least up here we are dark blue.
I'm a bit puzzled why some people would take offence at this- surely no one thinks better democracy is bad?? I just thought it an interesting effect worth sharing of the dreaded virus, so surely not off-topic...

But anyway, in other news, my OH gets the first vaccination soon, so Hurrah for the NHS.

Stay safe everyone.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:42 am quote
I note that South Africa is classified as a 'flawed democracy'.
I must disagree.

We are a kleptocracy !
Moderaptor
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:46 am quote
Enough on this subject already.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...80818283Next
[ Time: 0.2116s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0834s) ][ Debug on ]