[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...818283Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:01 am quote
... at this moment we are all a medic-cracy ...
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:49 pm quote
Attila wrote:
You're getting the hang of this English stuff.
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:08 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
I think i caught an english virus, i've been drinking tea for six days...
I have been diagnosed with excessive consumption of the hip
Must have been Rosehip tea.
Oh no!
I only drink Twining or Lipton, strictly decaffeinated.
Oh god, not those dreadful half-full teabags with string and a bit of cardboard attached. They are one of my pet hates!

Get PG tips or Tetley - and NEVER decaffeinated!

On another note, I've just had a voicemail on my UK phone from my UK doctor's asking me to come in for a Covid vaccination. I had to Skype them and explain I was in the USA for the foreseeable future.
Might be worth the flight....if you can ride in the hold with the cats. (stay away from the maskless crazies in the cabin who still think Agent Orange won in a 'landslide')

Bring a wooly and a thermos of tea.
O.S.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:26 pm quote
When I still worked for the Provincial Government, the capital was moved from Pretoria to Johannesburg. In order to miss traffic, we would have to leave home for work at 5:30, getting to Johannesburg at 6 or shortly thereafter. If you left at 5:45, you hit the traffic peak and got to office at around 8:30 !

We used to go into office, deal with critical e-mails etc. and then make our way to a local coffee shop, where we would partake of our favourite roast.

One morning an unfamiliar man stumbled in to the sedate little coffee shop, very much hung over from the previous ight. The friendly waitron asked him what he would like to drink. "Coffee... strong... black please." was his reply"

Dutifully, the waitron asked cheerfully: "Will that be regular or de-caffeinated?"
Without a moment's hesitation, the gem of a reply came back...

"Drinking de-caffeinated coffee is like wearing a condom but not having sex."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:01 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Attila wrote:
You're getting the hang of this English stuff.
Thanks for the compliment, I'm honored.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:08 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
"Drinking de-caffeinated coffee is like wearing a condom but not having sex."
...very good, in future i will put this in the phrases to mention in conversations with de-caffeine lovers.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:50 pm quote
WLeuthold wrote:
I got my second Moderna vaccine today.
Bill
When you had the second shot, do you get a certificate, piece of paper, pass, a passport stamp, licence, permit or similar to say you have had them?
I imagine vaccination would be a prerequisite for certain group activites in the future e.g airline travel, gym membership, orgies et al, so you would need some sort of proof.

The vaccinations here are meant to begin at the end of the month.
Hooked
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:32 pm quote
In the USA we have 2 different vaccines. The 2 stage shot and the one-and-done version. Both register you in a database and you get a wallet card with a reference number and general shot data.

My wife and I survived this Covid nonsense with "hopefully" no permanent side-effects. I'm still short on breath and cannot get re-hydrated. I'll take whatever version of the vaccine I can source for my wife and I. My employer is trying to source us employees a vaccine shot because we're considered essential. Pressing thumbs is what the Germans call it and I'm pressing mine real good!

Quick fact about myself that I'm kinda embarrassed about. I grew up in a neighborhood that strongly believes in revenge. We drop nothing and hold grudges forever. Its in my blood. With that terrible fact revealed I wouldn't wish this Covid on ANYONE! Not even the bum who approached me at the gas station pump after testing positive. I gave him a warning and he backed-off quick, and I hate bums.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:57 pm quote
500k approaching

I am sad to see that the USA is going to hit half a million Covid deaths before Congress votes on the matter of Trump's 2nd impeachment...

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

13Feb21Deaths.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:03 pm quote
93,000 deaths are a lot for a small country like Italy ...
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:33 am quote
Attila wrote:
93,000 deaths are a lot for a small country like Italy ...
Agreed.
Think of Gibraltar or San Marino...
They have each lost less than 100 people, but they have populations so small that they could not fill a soccer stadum if everyone went to the game!

Deaths per 1M population is the real comparator as it directly compares apples with apples.

13Feb21DeathsPerMillion.png

Last edited by Fudmucker on Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 am quote
It would be interesting to see a weighting in the figures that took into account population density along with deaths per million. The tyranny of the small sample size makes Gib and San Marino look bad but a high, (effectively totally urban) population density clearly makes effective limitation of spread difficult. (This is not necessarily a given though, as many SE Asian countries have high population densities and they dealt with the pandemic far more effectively. Previous experience that these things tend not to 'suddenly disappear, like a miracle' means they didn't hide their heads in the sand losing crucial opportunities to outsmart the virus.

In defence of Belgium, they had very strict way of recording COVID deaths meaning that suspected COVID death was recorded as COVID. I know in the UK, deaths in nursing homes and the like in the first wave did not get recorded as COVID as they were not confirmed by a test. So highly likely such deaths were under-reported initially.
Moderaptor
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:05 am quote
sc00ter wrote:
In the USA we have 2 different vaccines. The 2 stage shot and the one-and-done version.
Now there's me thinking both the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines needed two doses... Where did you get the 'one and done' information?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:31 am quote
jimc wrote:
sc00ter wrote:
In the USA we have 2 different vaccines. The 2 stage shot and the one-and-done version.
Now there's me thinking both the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines needed two doses... Where did you get the 'one and done' information?
I think it might be the J & J one however it's less effective apparently. It does seem to significantly decrease hospitalization though. There might even be another one coming.
Moderaptor
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:45 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
sc00ter wrote:
I think it might be the J & J one however it's less effective apparently. It does seem to significantly decrease hospitalization though. There might even be another one coming.
The J&J one is single dose, but it's not approved in the USA yet.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 am quote
Today ceremony of the oath of the new Italian government ... as you can see they all have the mask, from the president of the republic to the various ministers and various staff.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA79UrL_5Fo-

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:32 am quote
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
sc00ter wrote:
The J&J one is single dose, but it's not approved in the USA yet.
Yeah that's what I thought. I can't think of any other vaccine that is one and done though.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 pm quote
Looks like the pox has snuck in via airline laundry.

Auckland in moderate lockdown for three days, rest of the country light lockdown.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:32 am quote
znomit wrote:
Looks like the pox has snuck in via airline laundry.

Auckland in moderate lockdown for three days, rest of the country light lockdown.
That sucks but hard to avoid when air travel is allowed. We've been in a pretty tight lockdown since a week before Christmas.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:22 pm quote
I can use my helmet as a facemask right?
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm quote
znomit wrote:
I can use my helmet as a facemask right?
I use mine with the visor down sometimes going up the elevator in our building. I usually leave it in the bike but just keep it on if I need to charge up the Sena system.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:57 pm quote
Getting the Jab!
Not sure which version we are getting but wife and I both have appointments to get stuck between 9 and 9:30AM Tuesday the 16th.

Just hope the snow storm heading this way tonight doesn't cause them to close it down. Then again only forecasting 4-8 inches of the white stuff and in Syracuse NY most winters that would be considered just a dusting!

Probably won't be taking the GTV!
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 am quote
Re: Getting the Jab!
Well just got home from first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Appointment was for 9:00-9:15 and even with the mandatory 15 minute waiting period after the shot we were out of there by 9:20 and one the way home.

I asked nurse "Judy", if that is her real name, about the "microchip" and she just said she was not allowed to say if it was hidden in the first or second dose! All I know there were a number of people standing around in military fatigues, supposedly "helping" but you never know!
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 am quote
I was checking the Coronavirus update this morning.
US Covid deaths are now over 507k
That is roughly the total number of US Servicemen deaths in deployment in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afghanistan and the Iraq war put together.

And some people still won't wear a mask...?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:16 am quote
... I seem to have seen couples of men dressed in black wandering around the vaccination centers ... a disturbing apparition.
Fudmucker wrote:
Yes ... here too ...
And if you're not a cop and you try to point it out, they hit you.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:00 am quote
Attila wrote:
... I seem to have seen couples of men dressed in black wandering around the vaccination centers ... a disturbing apparition.
Fudmucker wrote:
Yes ... here too ...
And if you're not a cop and you try to point it out, they hit you.
Well Attila not sure if that is good or bad news to hear that their are idiots in other countries. At times I get the feeling that the USA has all them!

And Fudmucker, I saw a news report of a drug(illegal, not Covid) bust in your country and one of the guys arrested has the same name as me rest assured it wasn't me!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:24 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Well Attila not sure if that is good or bad news to hear that their are idiots in other countries. At times I get the feeling that the USA has all them!
!
Here to go for medical examinations in the hospital they had to put armed private security guards to enforce the use of masks ... incredible.
The crazy no-vax are few but those few are often violent and intolerant and try to have quarrels with anyone.
Emblematic is a humorous strip where a policeman asks another policeman:
"A man say you don't want to wear a mask, do I beat him?"
"What does he say?"
"He says it's not true that the virus exists!"
"You beat him, then you stop and tell him it's not true that you hit him"
"Done but he says no!"
"So you start hitting him again and tell him it's not true that you're hitting him!"
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 am quote
kshansen wrote:
And Fudmucker, I saw a news report of a drug (illegal, not Covid) bust in your country and one of the guys arrested has the same name as me rest assured it wasn't me!
Hansen is a familiar name to me - I know an architect by that name who studied with me at Pretoria University.

In South Africa, wearing of masks is required by law.
Persons who do not wear a mask are arrested and prosecuted...
Sometimes.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:57 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
kshansen wrote:
And Fudmucker, I saw a news report of a drug (illegal, not Covid) bust in your country and one of the guys arrested has the same name as me rest assured it wasn't me!
Hansen is a familiar name to me - I know an architect by that name who studied with me at Pretoria University.

In South Africa, wearing of masks is required by law.
Persons who do not wear a mask are arrested and prosecuted...
Sometimes.
Arrested? Seems a waste of police resources and tax money unless they really get out of hand.South Africa I guess is more strict when it comes to arresting people.

Here I'd say we are well over 95% compliance at least in the downtown core. What we do get is the occasional person with the nose over the mask or it barely on but even that is not that common. The nose thing unfortunately is more often than I'd like and an annoyance but not "that" bad.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:23 am quote
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uVqdHgHYGM

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Here I'd say we are well over 95% compliance at least in the downtown core.
In the US, 95% compliance is something we only dream about. Avoid us for as long as possible. There is a reason why we lead the world in Covid deaths - to our shame.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:50 pm quote
Attila wrote:
"What does he say?"
"Done but he says no!"
"So you start hitting him again and tell him it's not true that you're hitting him!"
Well that's pretty funny....dark, but funny.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:25 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Attila wrote:
"What does he say?"
"Done but he says no!"
Well that's pretty funny....dark, but funny.
sounds like carrot, or a stick that looks like a carrot but hurts like a stick!
ex 1986 Vespa PX125, 2007 Vespa LX150
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 am quote
Bad news, we lost two important figures of Italian motorcycling history, former 125cc world champion and team manager Fausto Gresini and former reporter Fiammetta La Guidara died yesterday, aged 60 and 50 respectively.
While Fausto succumbed to Covid, Fiammetta died for some problems related to her pregnancy.
Ciao ragazzi thanks
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:50 am quote
Eh si...Ho strizza anche io che ho 60 anni compiuti e sono con tre patologie croniche.

Oh yes ... I also squeezes (afraid) that I am 60 years old and have three chronic diseases.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:49 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Eh si...Ho strizza anche io che ho 60 anni compiuti e sono con tre patologie croniche.

Oh yes ... I also squeezes (afraid) that I am 60 years old and have three chronic diseases.
Attila, life is a terminal condition...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:47 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Attila wrote:

Attila, life is a terminal condition...
In my case for 32 years ...
However ... this last month two other friends of mine have flown to heaven, Covid has aggravated pre-existing pathologies and they have not resisted ... all 60 years of age.
A neighbor gave in because she was 78 years old and physically weak, mainly it seems that pre-existing conditions of physical weakness cause death from covid which contributes to aggravating the pathologies.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:24 am quote
Got jabbed (Pfizer) on Saturday.

I hate injections, but didn't even know they'd jabbed me!

Achy arm (still a bit).

Not sure when I get my first Microsoft update?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am quote
fleece wrote:
Got jabbed (Pfizer) on Saturday.

I hate injections, but didn't even know they'd jabbed me!

Achy arm (still a bit).

Not sure when I get my first Microsoft update?
I am still with Win 7...
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...818283Next
[ Time: 0.2155s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0753s) ][ Debug on ]