[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...8384858687Next
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:35 pm quote
Well in a little over 25 hours wife and I will be getting the second dose. Will let you know how it goes. The first one for me was nothing, wife I believe was a little sleepier than normal but that's about it. We got the Pfizer version.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:01 am quote
Took the wife to have hers mid-day on Sunday, by mid-day yesterday her temp was up to 40.1c (104f) and she was aching & shaking!

She then had the sleep of the dead and woke up a lot better this morning, no temp, just feeling a bit weak.

She had the Oxford AZ

40.1.png

Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:54 am quote
Miguel wrote:
Miguel wrote:
Miguel wrote:
I got shot #2 a couple hours ago. Again, the procedure was simple, straightforward and easy. Miguel
11 hours later, my shoulder is hurting at the injection site and a bit inflamed but no other symptoms, yet.

I forgot to bring my card showing I'd had shot #1 so they gave me a new card showing I'd gotten both shots (Moderna). I think it best to keep this card in a safe because it may become a "passport" to get into certain venues, possible flying on commercial aircraft, in the future.

BTW, the volunteers and professional staff were super friendly and helpful. Big smiles and friendly faces. It helped to keep it all a positive experience. I thanked them all for working to get us safe and they were very appreciative of the feedback too.

And unlike Jimc's visit to Kaiser Permanente, the health systems I went to, Dignity Health Care, did not give out memorabilia like stickers and bags but I was just happy to be walking out with the vaccine in my arm.

I'll let you know how I feel tmw.

Be safe!
Miguel
26 hours later...
I had an uncomfortable night. My joints and muscles hurt, I got cold and I couldn't sleep till 4AM (but that isn't unusual for me). All these things happened to Ms Miguel as well after her second shot. I finally got up at 11AM. My arm still hurts but the flu-like symptoms are subsiding. I should be fine by dinner time I hope.

Best
Miguel

I didn't take and pain killers.
I actually gout worse before I got better: chills fever aches. I went to bed early and woke up the next day feeling great with no symptoms so it was a 48 hour recovery for me about the same got Ms Miguel as well. This completes my Moderna chronicles.

Stay well.
Miguel
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:22 am quote
Fleece's Wife and Miguel, Sorry to hear about your reaction to the shot!

Wife and I got our second dose of the Pfizer version this morning. As of now five hours latter almost no reaction to speak of. I might have had a very slight ache in the upper shoulder and wife did mention feeling a bit warm. Guess we will know better in 24 hours if there is any reactions!

The county is doing in my opinion an excellent job of the distribution at the fair grounds. I had a 9:00am appointment and wife had a 9:30am appointment. We were maybe five minutes early getting there for mine and in the end were were in car on the way home at 9:15am!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:31 pm quote
a follow up on the J&J I got on saturday, 3 days ago. the only side effects i had or my wife had was just a very very slight tenderness where the shot was in the arm for a day. hell I had more soreness after a flue shot, and when I had the yellow fever shot in the military well that sucker packs a punch for sure. whole body aches for a couple days on that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:57 pm quote
Had my second Pfizer vaccine last Tuesday. No reaction to either 1st or 2nd shot other than a sore arm. Much more sore for #1 than #2.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:22 am quote
My mother (84 years of age) with Pfizer on the first shot no reaction, wait for the second ...
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:14 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Fleece's Wife and Miguel, Sorry to hear about your reaction to the shot!

Wife and I got our second dose of the Pfizer version this morning. As of now five hours latter almost no reaction to speak of. I might have had a very slight ache in the upper shoulder and wife did mention feeling a bit warm. Guess we will know better in 24 hours if there is any reactions!

The county is doing in my opinion an excellent job of the distribution at the fair grounds. I had a 9:00am appointment and wife had a 9:30am appointment. We were maybe five minutes early getting there for mine and in the end were were in car on the way home at 9:15am!
thanks,

I had the Pfizer and no side effects to speak of. The people in my circle who have had side effects do appear to be more the Oxford AZ recipients?
Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:00 am quote
I had the Pfizer 1st shot and apart from a sore arm and feeling a tad grotty - nothing major - the following day. all faired well
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:17 pm quote
Just got the Pfizer first poke today... zero reaction, nada, zip.

One of the most painless inoculations ever. Didn't even feel the needle.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 pm quote
In Italy there are cases of deaths within 48 hours with the AZ vaccine, no pathology and young people. They are doing checks.
Addicted
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 pm quote
Done on Sunday Astra Zeneca vaccine no problems
Addicted
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm quote
Attila wrote:
In Italy there are cases of deaths within 48 hours with the AZ vaccine, no pathology and young people. They are doing checks.
Canít find anything about this the Austria deaths 2 were attributed to other natural causesc
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:08 am quote
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:
Canít find anything about this the Austria deaths 2 were attributed to other natural causesc
... I hope it's just a coincidence ...
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:51 am quote
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:
Hope they get the real causes figured out and get the information published.

Too many people draw all the wrong conclusions to things like that. Like, I got the first vaccine then when I went to start my Harley the next day the battery was dead, Must be because of the vaccine!
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:52 am quote
My wife received her first dose of Pfizer last night at CVS Pharmacy. Including the 15 minute post injection hold, we were in & out in 20 minutes.

She hasn't experienced any ill effects from it, either.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Too many people draw all the wrong conclusions to things like that. Like, I got the first vaccine then when I went to start my Harley the next day the battery was dead, Must be because of the vaccine!
You won't seriously think that's true! The battery depends on other causes ...
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 am quote
Attila wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Those secret Bill Gates 5G microchips in the vaccine need to get power from somewhere...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 am quote
Rusty J wrote:
Attila wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Those secret Bill Gates 5G microchips in the vaccine need to get power from somewhere...
... here, this is a more realistic consideration to reflect on ...
Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:32 pm quote
I went to the V A Hospital in Nashville and got my second shot today. Phyllis said in 14 days I will be immune! Oh, what a feeling!

PXL_20210311_180126687.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 pm quote
But you have to continue with mask and protections for a certain period of time, I was told that the number of antibodies sufficient for immunization varies from person to person.
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:43 pm quote
Attila wrote:
But you have to continue with mask and protections for a certain period of time, I was told that the number of antibodies sufficient for immunization varies from person to person.
Well, even after I get my second shot, I'll still be masking up for most encounters I wear one for now, until I notice a serious "turning of the tide."

In the meantime, me and Le Wife got our first shot today.

BWBfirstcovidshot.jpg

Ossessionato
VSX, Stella 177, VNX1T, V9B1T
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 pm quote
May 1st. All adults eligible.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am quote
Upgrade:

https://www.latinaoggi.eu/news/cronaca/141842/laaifa-vieta-luso-di-un-lotto-di-vaccino-covid-astrazeneca

AIFA bans the use of a batch of AstraZeneca covid vaccine

National - Some serious adverse events have occurred in other European countries for which, as a precaution, the administration of a specific batch has been prohibited.

Ban on use nationwide for a specific batch of the AstraZeneca vaccine. This is what Aifa, the Italian drug agency, has ordered today.

Aifa has ordered the immediate ban on the use of a batch of AstraZeneca anti-covid vaccine throughout Italy. This was announced today by the Italian Medicines Agency itself. The affected batch is AstraZeneca vaccine number ABV2856. The decision was taken as a precaution but came following the reporting of some serious adverse events on people vaccinated with this type of antidote and on which further analyzes must be carried out.

https://www.adnkronos.com/astrazeneca-sospeso-lotto-in-italia-cosa-ce-da-sapere_5kNAeM2hEFC6u666SeL3Hn

(Adnkronos)
Denmark, Norway and Iceland have suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine as a precaution pending clearer information on the risk of potentially serious side effects. The first to make the decision was the Danish Minister of Health, after several cases of blood clots and circulation problems in vaccinated people, international media reported. In Italy, again as a precaution, the Italian Medicines Agency (Aifa) also ordered a ban on the use of another batch of the vaccine after some "serious adverse events", immediately specifying that "at the moment no link has been established. of causality between vaccine administration and such events ". The same reassurance came from EMA, that the AstraZeneca vaccine can continue to be used because "the benefits continue to outweigh its risks": therefore "the vaccine can continue to be administered, while case investigations are underway. "in question. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Mario Draghi had a telephone conversation with the President of the European Commission Ursula Von der Leyen. From the conversation - sources from Palazzo Chigi report - it emerged that "there is no evidence of a link between the cases of thrombosis recorded in Europe and the administration of the Astrazeneca vaccine". Von der Leyen announced that the EMA has initiated a further accelerated review.

My opinion is that with the rush to produce a vaccine due to the gravity of the situation and the appearance of many variants of it, the quality control is not up to the product .... there was not enough time to do it . The consequent risks are accepted ... those who want to do so obviously.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:06 am quote
Rusty J wrote:
Attila wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:

That's why I wear the tin foil hat anytime I'm going to be thinking bad thoughts!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:09 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Rusty J wrote:
Attila wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Attila wrote:
Gasmk1 wrote:
Attila wrote:

That's why I wear the tin foil hat anytime I'm going to be thinking bad thoughts!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:22 am quote
amateriat wrote:
Attila wrote:
Well, even after I get my second shot, I'll still be masking up for most encounters I wear one for now, until I notice a serious "turning of the tide."

In the meantime, me and Le Wife got our first shot today.
I just read an interesting article in an Italian newspaper
According to the indications of the WHO, the minimum number of antibodies necessary for a good immune defense is between 2000 BAU and 3000 BAU (Binding Antibody Unit) but it is not certain that even with 1000 you are not protected ... or even less.
The answer seems to be in individual genetics, in some subjects even 300 BAU may be sufficient but it seems that little is known about this topic (applied immunology).
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am quote
Rusty J wrote:
I just read a tweet that said they weren't sure about the chip but they wondered why their Roomba was following them everywhere.

Good news on the home front. My wife, who has been desperate to get any vaccine (partly risk factors, partly working with the public in the library), got up at 6 to call the pharmacy for an opening, and she got an appointment! Girl is pretty jubilant. Looks like Easter (just us and my vaccinated mom) might be a thing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:36 pm quote
... And Italy is all back in the red zone ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:39 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Crap.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
Attila wrote:
Crap.
Make that a double from me! Crap. Crap.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:13 pm quote
I kept meaning to post this but kept forgetting....

When I got shot #1 and #2, it came with a handout but the CDC with a QR code that you were supposed to scan (QR codes are also called square barcodes). On my iPhone, I simply aimed the camera at the code and it brought me to a CDC website which asked me to enter some basic info. It then sends a few survey questions everyday for a week after each shot and then once a week after that (which I presume it will end sometime after shot #2). The questions are pretty benign: how do you feel, types of aches and pains, fever, chills, etc.

I feel it is important to participate in these surveys because it's how the CDC will track the vaccine's effects on recipients and spot subtle problems. I'd like to encourage others to participate in the survey too for that reason.

Best
Miguel

Cheers.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:55 am quote
Miguel wrote:
The questions are pretty benign: how do you feel, types of aches and pains, fever, chills, etc.

I feel it is important to participate in these surveys because it's how the CDC will track the vaccine's effects on recipients and spot subtle problems. I'd like to encourage others to participate in the survey too for that reason.
Well I almost glad they didn't give me one of those survey card! As I have had so many aches and pains and fatigue I would have thrown off the curve as these have been going on for at least a couple years. Long before someone decided to have a half cooked bat for diner or what ever started this virus.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:58 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Long before someone decided to have a half cooked bat for diner or what ever started this virus.
Jokingly you tell the truth ...
Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:42 am quote
I got my second shot on Thursday, That night i had cold chills all night long. The next morning my sinus were trying to drown me. Today I feel very normal. In 12 more days I will be immune.
Hang in there guys. We will get through this.

PXL_20210311_180126687.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:42 am quote
https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/mondo/europa/2021/03/15/anche-la-germania-sospende-vaccinazioni-con-astrazeneca_a2d086c9-b290-474f-8257-aa0f6523d336.html

"Germany, France and Spain suspend vaccinations with AstraZeneca"
Also in Italy.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:47 am quote
^^^^ Daft response. There have been fewer clotting incidents amongst those vaccinated with AZ than would normally be the case in a similar un-vaccinated population sample.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56360646
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 am quote
jimc wrote:
^^^^ Daft response. There have been fewer clotting incidents amongst those vaccinated with AZ than would normally be the case in a similar un-vaccinated population sample.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56360646
I agree with you, in fact I was waiting to do it even though I knew of the side effects. Jim ... If you read The little sheets inside the boxes of various medicines there are even worse warnings, in many cases deadly consequences are threatened and yet everyone takes those medicines anyway. Because not taking them would be worse. I have been taking a lot of those medicines for thirty-two years and what the heck .... I'm still here! Hi, you are fine and try to stay safe.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:17 pm quote
New, maybe I will do Pfizer or Moderna following the update dedicated to health codes for people with chronic diseases; while waiting they are on stand by.
At the moment AZ dedicated to people up to 78 years of age is blocked as a precaution, whoever received the first dose is still waiting for the second dose.
More vaccines are on the way (J&J, Sputnik mainly) but we still don't know when exactly.
I hope they won't give me the Sputnik vaccine or I will want to buy a Ural!
Addicted
GTS 300ie Touring - Signora D'argento
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:00 am quote
Attila wrote:
I hope they won't give me the Sputnik vaccine or I will want to buy a Ural!
.....Or turn into a vodka drinking communist
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...8384858687Next
[ Time: 0.4125s ][ Queries: 65 (0.2222s) ][ Debug on ]