[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...848586
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 am quote
My wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot this past Saturday. She had no reaction to it at all. She did pregame some acetaminophen, which might have helped keep fever and aches away.

I learned today that one of my coworker's entire family (coworker, husband, teenage son, toddler daughter) got COVID a couple of weeks ago, and are all doing better now. Their symptoms varied from mild to severe, but none required hospitalization, and they all recovered. Since they are younger, I'm certain they haven't been vaccinated.
Hooked
Gts 300 notte
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:49 am quote
is it texas that has that no mask mandate law thing? where you cant enter certain places if you are wearing a mask
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:54 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
You can say anti-vaxxers have a right to their decision and maybe they do. However by not getting vaccinated they make herd immunity more difficult (impossible?) to achieve and they cost us all money as the medical costs of treating a severely ill Covid-19 patient is not cheap.
Anti-vaxxers can't have it both ways IMO. There is no reason why the rest of us must tolerate the risk which those individuals pose to us. They should not feel put upon if they find that they can not board an airplane, enter a theater, use a restaurant, or travel to another country without proof of vaccination.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:59 am quote
So, Mrs. fledermaus is in bed right now, after getting her second shot yesterday. Wrists for some reason bothered her through the night, aching all over as of this morning.

Still a far sight better than her old friend's brother, who's been intubated for over a week and now has a secondary infection. Doesn't look too good at the moment.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:10 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
Anti-vaxxers can't have it both ways IMO. There is no reason why the rest of us must tolerate the risk which those individuals pose to us. They should not feel put upon if they find that they can not board an airplane, enter a theater, use a restaurant, or travel to another country without proof of vaccination.
I'm almost to the point that the anti-vaxxers should be the ones carrying the card saying they do not accept healthcare when or if they test positive for Covid. We need to keep the hospitals and doctors offices free for use by those of us, who for some reason, do believe in science.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:12 am quote
jimc wrote:
I've had an interesting email from a friend who has suffered for years with the long-term effects of Lyme disease.

She had some unpleasant reactions to the first shot (Pfizer), not much reaction to the second, but just a few days after the second shot many of her symptoms arising from Lyme have disappeared. Chronic fatigue - gone, etc etc.
Now that is something that would be interesting to do a follow-up study on!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm quote
kshansen wrote:
jimc wrote:
I've had an interesting email from a friend who has suffered for years with the long-term effects of Lyme disease.

She had some unpleasant reactions to the first shot (Pfizer), not much reaction to the second, but just a few days after the second shot many of her symptoms arising from Lyme have disappeared. Chronic fatigue - gone, etc etc.
Now that is something that would be interesting to do a follow-up study on!
There seem to be similarities between long-covid and Lyme. Also CFS, I bet.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:44 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
Click... And some colleges and businusses may start demanding "Covid passports" before entry.
Quote:
From sporting arenas to colleges and cruise ships, many businesses are planning to ask customers to prove they've had their shots. Smartphone apps may be coming soon.
Stay safe
Miguel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:23 pm quote
The problem is many people have legitimate health reasons not to get a vaccination. They shouldn’t be disadvantaged by lumping them in with the people who have more creative reasons not to get vaccinated.

It’s great to hear so many of you are getting the shots. I know of only one person. Expect mine around August.
Molto Verboso
Primavera ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 & NIU NQi Sport
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:47 pm quote
Guys, some of your comments send shivers down my spine. Haven't we found better ways to treat minorities?

Jim, if this is our mutual friend you're talking about, then I'm very happy to hear that. She has often talked about her struggle with Lyme.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 pm quote
znomit wrote:
The problem is many people have legitimate health reasons not to get a vaccination. They shouldn’t be disadvantaged by lumping them in with the people who have more creative reasons not to get vaccinated.

It’s great to hear so many of you are getting the shots. I know of only one person. Expect mine around August.
But it is precisely those who have health problems who need to get vaccinated the most ...
Not wanting the vaccine is the reasonable fear of (possible) deadly side effects forgetting that even a common medicine has the same contraindications! I still don't understand why people don't look at the two scales but only one ...
However, in Italy it is not compulsory to be vaccinated but there is already talk of excluding access to certain areas for those who have not been vaccinated; the check can be performed using the personal health card that every Italian has or has the new electronic identity card.
Reserved areas will be reserved for the unvaccinated, I know it seems like discrimination but the counterpart is important and worth life.

"Worldwide, the pandemic is reaching 3 million deaths, but among the tragic consequences of Covid the least known is that millions of people with other diseases are not treated because hospitals are sinking in the emergency. Cancer patients are indirect victims of Covid and there is a shortage of intensive care for those affected by stroke and cardiovascular disease.
According to the WHO, mortality from stroke and heart attack has tripled since we are struggling with Covid. Taking into account also the tumors and the postponed diagnoses, it can be estimated that the victims of the pandemic are at least not 3 but 9 million. A huge wealth of knowledge and therapies that could save millions of lives is like being forgotten. We have them, we would know how to apply them, but we cannot.
Piero Bianucci writes about it in La Stampa, an Italian newspaper writer."
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 am quote
Hummus2 wrote:
is it texas that has that no mask mandate law thing? where you cant enter certain places if you are wearing a mask
You are correct. There is no mask mandate in Texas, and businesses are allowed to operate at 100% capacity. Businesses can set their own protocols/restrictions, though. I can't find anything to support it, but I thought the governor said that masks & social distancing were still recommended, even though they aren't required.

Almost every place I've been to still requires masks & social distancing. I did notice this past weekend that the QuikTrip no longer requires them, although their staff wears masks.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...848586
[ Time: 0.1690s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0734s) ][ Debug on ]