Scariest/Stupidest thing you have ever done while riding
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 am quote
somerset wrote:
(...) One night I was on my trusty Lambretta...
I imagine Somerset as in a Quadrophenia scene ... riding his Lambretta; years ago they were more adventurous and more experienced times.
Hooked
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 am quote
More scooter-and-hippopotamus stories, please.

These are all fun but that was the best.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm quote
Re: Bonus
Bill Dog wrote:
I think hitting the corpse of a deer in the middle lane of a French highway at 70 mph at 2am in the morning rates quite highly.

Bill x
Was there blood everywhere?
Addicted
2019 Honda - The Monkey
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:06 am quote
Attila wrote:
somerset wrote:
I imagine Somerset as in a Quadrophenia scene ... riding his Lambretta; years ago they were more adventurous and more experienced times.
Unfortunately Attila no photographs of my Lambretta 125 survive.

The best I can come up with is a poor photograph of me and my orange (yes, it really is orange) 125 GTS complete with 'Jimmy' from Quadrophenia decal.

somerset
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 am quote
somerset wrote:
Attila wrote:
somerset wrote:
Unfortunately Attila no photographs of my Lambretta 125 survive.

The best I can come up with is a poor photograph of me and my orange (yes, it really is orange) 125 GTS complete with 'Jimmy' from Quadrophenia decal.

somerset
Love the colour! Scoot looks awesome and it looks like your shirt matches
Molto Verboso
1980 P125X, 1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 am quote
Tierney wrote:
Long, long time ago I was riding on I95 in Florida in the left most (fast) lane. I had a large truck in front of me and another behind me and we were going along at pretty good clip. To my right was a Cadillac driven by an elderly lady. She starts moving over into my lane slowly, no signal, no warning. I hit the horn, still coming. I hit the horn longer, still coming. The emergency lane was not much of an option as it was quite narrow and full of junk. Anyhow, she's still moving over - I kick her door - nothing. I kick it again - nothing - she is halfway in my lane and even the truck behind me is hitting his horn and backing off some. Still nothing, still coming over. I reached back where my chain was hung and swung it across her windshield. I meant just to hit the window, but it cracked it, put a small hole in it and took the chain out of my hand. Well, that worked, she swerved all over the road and was cussing me out in a blue streak taking the chain, hanging, along for the ride That's the scary part, here's the stupid part. That was a really good chain, and I wanted it back, so I followed the Caddy at a distance until the end of the destination. I parked down the block, waited until she went in the house, grabbed the end of the chain that was sticking out of the windshield, yanked it out, ran back to the scoot and got out of there quick. I have done crazy things and stupid things, but this day stands out as a time where I did both.
Change your name to max rockastansky immediately!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 am quote
David Masse wrote:
Motovista wrote:
... As far as stupid or scary things, here's a short list... There are a few more that come to mind that could be described as the opposite of legal, but other than that, I think I've gotten most of them.
How have you managed to still be alive to tell your story?????
Motovista FTW!!!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:41 am quote
The stupidest: deciding to ride to Abilene Texas sans glove box. Every time the fan came on it was burning my left shin.

The scariest: when my first Vespa blew up in flames in my driveway.
'05 GT200, "Tornado" '09 Buddy 150, "Zuli"
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:50 pm quote
Shortly after being diagnosed with diabetes I realized one day that I had forgotten to take all my meds that morning. I turned around, headed home, took the pills and headed back out to realize that I was now almost out of gas. I stopped to refill then headed off feeling really pressed for time. I stopped at an intersection I don't normally frequent. There was a line of pickups parked to my left but I couldn't see or hear anything moving. I pulled out turning left and come face-to-face with an oncoming car. Thank God the driver stopped. I... nearly stopped. Slowly rolled into the bumper with just enough force to crack my fender, couldn't get my feet down fast enough so I ended up falling straight over to my left. I don't think my helmet even hit ground, it didn't have a mark. I got up, picked up the Buddy and proceeded to assure the poor driver that I wasn't dead. I actually ended up hugging her to calm her down.

Lesson 1: NEVER be in a hurry. The more hurried I am, the slower I force myself to go.
Lesson 2: NEVER commit to entering the field of battle without line of sight.
Lesson 3: Reread Proficient Motorcycling,
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
[ Time: 0.1396s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0405s) ][ Debug on ]