[SSR] Local Tourism Bike Pics
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 123Next
Author Message
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:52 am quote
OK this will probably not gain traction but I thought it could be fun. If you live in a city/town with a lot of tourism I think it would be cool for some of us to post pics of our rides in front of tourist attractions or simply places where it seems every tourist has to take a picture. As I often do I dropped by the market today to pick up groceries for dinner tonight. St Lawrence market is easily in the top 5 of where the tour bus will drop you off and is one of if not the best market in the world. It's funny how when you live somewhere you just take things for granted.

From an architecture perspective it is interesting as the roads follow the old waterfront before all the landfill and we have a Flatiron building of our own. It seems EVERY tourist just has to take the picture. Well I never had so snapped one.

Anyway our rides in front of landmarks and maybe a little story does sound fun to me. Yeah I could post it in the gallery section but that is where threads go to die and there is the risk of a giant dust devil knocking you off your ride...

I'd love to see pics from NYC, Chicago, Philly, LA, Sydney, London, Rome, small town with famous landmarks etc, etc . We can show a little hometown pride and love of our bikes.

IMG_1414.jpeg

Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 2579
Location: Latina (Italy)
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm quote
Good idea but for my photos you will have to wait for the temperatures to rise ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 5082
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:23 pm quote
Yes, it's 24 degrees here.

But I did go past a Legend riding an older, classic looking blue vespa on Bailey Avenue this morning. 24 degrees and on a scooter in Illinois...the mind reels.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7944
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 am quote
I accept the challenge. Living just out side Washington DC I have a HUGE selection of historic locations.
This is a restored lock keepers house on the C & O canal just a few miles outside Washington DC. Great out of the way place to stay while you are visiting that is close to the city.
The sign shows reservation info if you are interested.

Vespa in front of C and O Canal Lock Keepers House.jpg

Lock house sign.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
I accept the challenge. Living just out side Washington DC I have a HUGE selection of historic locations.
This is a restored lock keepers house on the C & O canal just a few miles outside Washington DC. Great out of the way place to stay while you are visiting that is close to the city.
The sign shows reservation info if you are interested.
Thanks, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Something famous near you with a pick of the bike. A little story is a great touch and it doesn't have to be the White House or CN Tower etc (which I will do) for it to count. Just something in your hood with a little history or some level of fame behind it.
Hooked
'81 P200E, '80 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
Joined: 27 Mar 2014
Posts: 187
Location: Tucson, AZ
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm quote
Greetings From Tucson
Gentle readers, for your consideration I present the Mission San Xavier del Bac. The current mission was built in the late 1700s, but the mission was founded in the late 1600s by Padre Kino. The mission is considered one of the finest examples of Spanish Colonial architecture in the state and was designated as a national historic landmark in 1966.

Masses are held on a regular schedule and the mission is open to tourists when masses aren't scheduled. The attached school has been in use continuously since 1872.

Dirty Kymco for scale.

SanXavierDeBac-Small.jpg
Mission San Xavier del Bac

Addicted
2009 GTS 250ie
Joined: 24 Mar 2018
Posts: 603
Location: south Texas
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm quote
Where we spent the last two summers (and where we previously lived for several decades)...

Member
2018 Piaggio Medley 150
Joined: 29 Aug 2019
Posts: 42
Location: Australia
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm quote
I live in Adelaide, South Australia and the first two pics are just from a country ride and the last is from an early morning walk at the seaside suburb of Glenelg.

piag1.jpg

piag2.jpg

piag3.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:24 am quote
PaulRF wrote:
I live in Adelaide, South Australia and the first two pics are just from a country ride and the last is from an early morning walk at the seaside suburb of Glenelg.
Love the pic in front of Coopers.

Here is a pic of Tobermory , a beautiful little town in Northern Ontario that we rent the same cottage in for a few weeks every September. So I may no live there but it somewhere I go to every year and love it. I'm typing this from my office with the loud sounds of construction equipment behind me as yet another condo tower is being put up. As much as I want to complain about it , I really can't. Most of my income indirectly comes from the loud sounds I am trying to drown out...

Also a video of me and another guy getting off the MS Chi-Cheemaun in Tobermory. Funny he's on a BMW C650GT which is one of my other bikes and I almost never see another one in the wild.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDM2PgC72bk&feature=youtu.be

IMG_0681 2.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7944
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
I accept the challenge. Living just out side Washington DC I have a HUGE selection of historic locations.
This is a restored lock keepers house on the C & O canal just a few miles outside Washington DC. Great out of the way place to stay while you are visiting that is close to the city.
The sign shows reservation info if you are interested.
Thanks, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Something famous near you with a pick of the bike. A little story is a great touch and it doesn't have to be the White House or CN Tower etc (which I will do) for it to count. Just something in your hood with a little history or some level of fame behind it.
White House pics to fallow.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
I accept the challenge. Living just out side Washington DC I have a HUGE selection of historic locations.
This is a restored lock keepers house on the C & O canal just a few miles outside Washington DC. Great out of the way place to stay while you are visiting that is close to the city.
The sign shows reservation info if you are interested.
Thanks, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Something famous near you with a pick of the bike. A little story is a great touch and it doesn't have to be the White House or CN Tower etc (which I will do) for it to count. Just something in your hood with a little history or some level of fame behind it.
White House pics to fallow.
Looking forward to that



Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:39 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 11051
Location: Oregon City, OR
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 pm quote
Re: Ask
Bill Dog wrote:
Are you sure that this isn't just a good excuse to post more pictures of the Ural ?
Hey, I am real happy to see more pix of Harbinger's Ural with other stuff in the background.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 7740
Location: KS USA
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm quote
Re: Ask
Bill Dog wrote:
Are you sure that this isn't just a good excuse to post more pictures of the Ural ?

You can assure me of that can't you ?

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:07 pm quote
Re: Ask
Bill Dog wrote:
Are you sure that this isn't just a good excuse to post more pictures of the Ural ?

You can assure me of that can't you ?

Bill x
Sure... At least you gave Max a laugh. You know Bill , you don't HAVE to look. Besides who cares how many pics there are, is there a limit? I actually mean this thread to be about the subject line.

Last edited by Harbinger on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:07 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:12 pm quote
Re: Goal
Bill Dog wrote:
Phew, that was close.

Bill x
Bill, please don't be a dick. It looks like now I have 2 members that enjoy going after me. You really do NOT need to comment if it is going to negative.



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:14 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm quote
Re: Goal
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:
Phew, that was close.

Bill x
Bill, please don't be a dick. It looks like now I have 2 members that enjoy going after me. You really do NOT need to comment if it is going to negative.
Who is the other dick?
It's a mystery but I'm sure a small one.

BTW if anyone wants to play the Internet BBS game I have plenty of 4Chan and other board experience. Bill you have almost been ejected from here and came very close. A lot of us like and care about you. Please do not become "that" guy again.

Max... I don't know what your problem with me is but maybe get over it. I have nothing against you. If a mod deletes this so be it but I do not want to play games here on MV.

Last edited by Harbinger on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:33 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:32 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 4140
Location: Santa Cruz California
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm quote
STOP ALL THIS BULLSHIT PLEASE! Pretty please?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:43 pm quote
Miguel wrote:
STOP ALL THIS BULLSHIT PLEASE! Pretty please?
I know. Tell me about it..

Sigh



Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:23 pm
Max6200 has been ejected from this topic
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 6274
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:34 pm quote
Thank you.

Now how about those pics in front of the Whitehouse ?

Sorry the thread had to go to crap all. This place was better for a bit and lately seems to have regressed a little. Nothing against the mods, they do what they can.
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Bill Dog has been ejected from this topic
Hooked
'81 P200E, '80 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
Joined: 27 Mar 2014
Posts: 187
Location: Tucson, AZ
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:33 pm quote
I'm glad for this thread. It's giving me an excuse to take different routes home from work and revisit parts of the city I hadn't been to lately.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 5082
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 pm quote
Come to this thread if you want to experience premature Eject-ulaion.
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 pm
Belkwinith has been ejected from this topic
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 4140
Location: Santa Cruz California
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:27 pm quote
az_slynch wrote:
I'm glad for this thread. It's giving me an excuse to take different routes home from work and revisit parts of the city I hadn't been to lately.
Yes, we need a shot of your bike in front of a Crested-Head Saguaro. Its one of the big attractions for me in Tuscon. That and the roadrunners.

Miguel
Hooked
'81 P200E, '80 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
Joined: 27 Mar 2014
Posts: 187
Location: Tucson, AZ
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:59 pm quote
Miguel wrote:
az_slynch wrote:
I'm glad for this thread. It's giving me an excuse to take different routes home from work and revisit parts of the city I hadn't been to lately.
Yes, we need a shot of your bike in front of a Crested-Head Saguaro. Its one of the big attractions for me in Tuscon. That and the roadrunners.

Miguel
Challenge accepted.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 123Next
[ Time: 0.1872s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0287s) ][ Debug on ]