OP
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
Lostboater and Wleuthold are excellent tour guides and rep their state well. While on a trip to Orlando, I decided to bring the scooter so I could ride with these guys. After meeting Lostboater for coffee, we hit the road for some of Central Florida's more interesting sites. First stop,was,a fantastic museum with hundreds of IH tractors, from the 1920's right up to the present day.
We then went for lunch, and toured Big Daddy Don Garlts' excellent museum of drag racing and general automotive bad assery.
We ended the day at Cedar Key, on the gulf coast. After a brief tour of the former fishing village now a laid back weekend get away, we dined on local and imported oysters, steak, and crab bisque. We went to see the bats at dusk, but the cool weather made them stay in for the evening.
Next day, we met Wleuthold and rocket at Williston airport, and ended up at a wake for an orthodox monk.
After lunch at Salt Springs, it was time to head back to the campground for me and say farewell until next time to my riding companions.
Tractor museum
Tractor museum
Best not light up
Best not light up
Funny car on display
Funny car on display
Delicious!
Delicious!
Beautiful church and monetary in the serene countryside.
Beautiful church and monetary in the serene countryside.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
Thanks for the writeup. Looks like an awesome time and seems like Lostboater could be a professional tour guide!
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
UTC quote
I always enjoy Warren's winter visits. Of course he chose the three coldest days of the year to show up.

Sorry I missed Susan this time but I stay as far from The Mouse House as possible.

The part Warren left out was when we went into the small but ornate church that there was a monk reading in Greek and in crib right in front of the alter was the dead guy. He had a long gray beard and was dressed in his best monk attire.
This was Warren riding attire in 45 degrees
This was Warren riding attire in 45 degrees
Warren and his namesakes car
Warren and his namesakes car
Interesting. Men and women can not be buried together. In the distance you can see the crosses in the women sectoin.
Interesting. Men and women can not be buried together. In the distance you can see the crosses in the women sectoin.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Warren with his dead friend Bo Diddely
Warren with his dead friend Bo Diddely
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
UTC quote
Bill had doggy duty as his wife was NY so unfortunately he could only meet us for lunch and a short ride.

After I dropped Warren near Disney I continued on to Avon Park and the Jacaranda, our favorite. Dinner of course at 18 East.

The next day I went to Sebring for the vintage car races and the first race of the Trans-am season. After several hours I could not resist the temptation in the beautiful weather not to ride. So, saddled up and wandered around central Florida.
18 West is the only place that knows how to make the drink I like.
18 West is the only place that knows how to make the drink I like.
The official IMSA Vespa
The official IMSA Vespa
The vintage guys
The vintage guys
Picnic on a unknown lake. It was a great day to ride.
Picnic on a unknown lake. It was a great day to ride.
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
It is always a pleasure to have Warren visit the Sunshine State.

With Sarah in NYC, visiting out daughter Kylie, I was stuck having to care for Maizy and Cooper, our two Golden Retrievers, so I was limited to a day ride.

But it was a good one, as I rode 95 miles to meet Ken and Warren in Williston. The ride from there to Salt Springs for lunch was a quick 50 mile jaunt, then home another 70 mile ride up US 17 through Palatka, Green Cove Springs and Orange Park.

Here are a few of my shots of the ride.

Bill
Ken and Warren at the Greek Orthodox Monastery.
Ken and Warren at the Greek Orthodox Monastery.
Riding around the Monastery.  A dead guy was lying in state inside.
Riding around the Monastery. A dead guy was lying in state inside.
North Florida at it's finest.
North Florida at it's finest.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Good times!

God, I'm starting to miss riding.....
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Hooked
Looking

Hooked
Looking
UTC quote
Speaking of Cedar Key, years ago I heard you could buy oysters right from the docks, so I took an empty 48 qt. Igloo cooler with me. We had rented a condo for the weekend.
The oyster boat captain filled the cooler with oysters he'd just dredged. They were still muddy. He then shoveled ice on top.
He estimated it would be about 20 dozen oysters. The cost? $8.
So all weekend I shucked and cleaned and enjoyed fresh large oysters.
The problem is it spoiled me from paying $20 for a dozen in a bar.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0596s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0350s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]