Medley 150
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 pm quote
If you're feeling stir crazy...
https://gaminglyfe.com/american-motorcycle-simulator-starts-up-the-engine/

Last edited by Sledge on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:14 pm quote
Don't worry about a gathering for closing.... you won't even have to show up. I signed a paper allow
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:16 pm quote
Don't worry about a gathering for closing.... you won't even have to show up. I signed a paper allowing my lawyer to do everything electronically, plus wire the funds to me.

Plus side? Don't need to see my idiot buyers, or be nice to them..
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:48 am quote
Some musings- The people who are potential buyers for real estate in over a million e.g.'s have zero income as of the past few days. Buying might work OK but selling not so much? KY alone crashed the un-employment puters to apply for compensation. FWIW, a handful of people to sign a paper is not a serious groupie concern, especially when 6' social distance is applied.

I do think when the weather breaks a trip up to OH to ride bicycle trails is in order. We'll bring our own food & lodging with us, gasoline's dirt cheap for now and take outs are open, might as well enjoy something we'd planned to do anyway. Life is good until it's not...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:43 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Some musings- The people who are potential buyers for real estate in over a million e.g.'s have zero income as of the past few days. Buying might work OK but selling not so much? KY alone crashed the un-employment puters to apply for compensation. FWIW, a handful of people to sign a paper is not a serious groupie concern, especially when 6' social distance is applied.

I do think when the weather breaks a trip up to OH to ride bicycle trails is in order. We'll bring our own food & lodging with us, gasoline's dirt cheap for now and take outs are open, might as well enjoy something we'd planned to do anyway. Life is good until it's not...
Problem for me is we'll be both buyer and seller. I mean, I don't really WANT to own two homes in the same zip code if I can avoid it. So waiting makes sense to me. We don't NEED to move, we want to, for reasons that may become needs in the next year or so.

As to the group of folks present for a closing, it is a concern to me.
We'll wait.

On a brighter note, I went for a bike ride today, about 12 miles. Cut it a bit shorter than I had intended as it has been three weeks and, well, I felt it. To be honest I'm sort of hoping things stay shut down for a while; the break could work out well for me as I have a lot to do other than work. As long as I know work will still be there when things settle down... I guess there is always that...
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 am quote
Yesterday, I went through my tools and spare parts to make the collection a bit more organized.

I carry a tool bag on most long trips on Vespas. Often it is needed, but usually for exhaust gaskets. Probably as many as five of those on the road.

I have changed a couple of belts, an outer driving pulley once and a couple of spark plugs, but the scooters are mostly reliable.

What I did was remove duplicates and unused tools. Like 3 matching 10mm sockets.

For parts, I found that I have two new variator and driving pulleys, complete with rollers and guides.

Also three coils, two spark plug caps, four liters of oil and multiple filters, all awaiting installation.

At least, now I know where to find them.

Bill

image.jpg

Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 am quote
Do you have the kit to repair tire punctures?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 pm quote
Well, just buttoned up an oil change on my GTS. Last one was October, 2017, and the oil came out clean. Yeah, not so many miles put on that one these last, well, ever. About 650 miles on the oil.

Air filter was nice and clean too.

Maybe I'll do the brake fluid next weekend. Or heck, perhaps even during the week. It's not like I'm going to work (I can use the 2 hours that I'd normally commute, as I'm working from home).

Maybe.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:18 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Well, just buttoned up an oil change on my GTS. Last one was October, 2017, and the oil came out clean. Yeah, not so many miles put on that one these last, well, ever. About 650 miles on the oil.

Maybe I'll do the brake fluid next weekend. Or heck, perhaps even during the week. It's not like I'm going to work (I can use the 2 hours that I'd normally commute, as I'm working from home).

Maybe.
Robert, That GTS has more fill ups than you show on your Fuelly.

Check this out from my 700 mile ride on it in 2015.

That is a fine machine. Thank you for letting me borrow it twice.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/vespa/gts_250_ie/2008/wleuthold/377215

Bill
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:

Maybe.

Bill

Thanks Bill... It's still here for Wisconscoot.
That is, if you fly in.
Ossessionato
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Do you have the kit to repair tire punctures?
I have one but don't carry it regularly.

Only two flat tires in all the years of riding.

One of those was because the tire changer put too long of a valve stem that broke when hitting the swing arm at 70 mph. Not a fun ride. No tire repair kit was going to fix that one.

The other was a big nail just a few miles from home. I had a Continental tire with sidewalls so stiff I found that I could ride it home.

And on the Cannonball Runs, I have a support truck with a mounted tire that I can swap out easily.

But the next long ride will probably find the repair kit in the tool bag.

Bill
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:

Maybe.

Bill

Thanks Bill... It's still here for Wisconscoot.
That is, if you fly in.
I must admit, I'm more than a little surprised your fuel economy is better than mine.

Ossessionato
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Right about the pictures...but I'd say we're FAR more interested in the Vespa pics.
WLeuthold wrote:
tdrake wrote:
On the other hand, no one wants to look at pictures of a Honda.
I guess I am president of the "Please, no more Honda pictures" club.

Bill
Sure, everyone wants to see pics of the finicky, high maintenance, "you can take me out but only to the right places" Italian super model.

Meanwhile her Asian roommate is crushing it at math and checking out all kinds of nerdy cool stuff on the roads not travelled, getting a blue ribbon for her science project, never once asking for nothin' but the occasional oil change, but does anyone care?

Nope, y'all are like "yeah, nice scholarship but where's your roommate?"
And that, my friends, is why I keep coming back to MV.

Thank you, Tom.

Bill
Ossessionato
Piaggio Fly 150
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 am quote
You carry Snap-On on the road? Iíve had cars worth less than that ratchet. My roady bag is mostly HF or found stuff. Iíve lost too much of it.
Ossessionato
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am quote
Tor2ga wrote:
You carry Snap-On on the road? Iíve had cars worth less than that ratchet. My roady bag is mostly HF or found stuff. Iíve lost too much of it.
That 3/8" ratchet is not a Snap-On.

It is a Husky.

Probably cost a lot less than any of your cars at around $15.

I bought it at a Home Depot in Arkansas after one broke when I tried to get off a tight bolt.

I carry it instead of a Craftsman as it is a little longer for better leverage.

It would be fun to say the one I broke was a Snap-On, but it was a cheap knock off that I picked up at a Pep Boys or somewhere like that.

Bill
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:01 am quote
As seems often the case, when the sky is falling everywhere else, it's bright and sunny here, so I got out for about 300 miles/12 hours of riding the last few days.

"Sadly" it was not on the Vespa.

Cool Idea: y'day about six of us from our "book club" gathered at a public park and had a picnic "together", each bringing our own food and drink and carefully maintaining our two-meter distance. Sat out in a big circle in the sun for about three hours.... So keep that in mind: you can still get small groups of folks together, outside, and sit around and jaw for hours like you used to; just do it outside and all spread out.

Which of course reminded me that I hate sitting around for hours listening to people talk. But for those of you with normal social appetites -- in this case my wife -- this was a good idea.

Realized I haven't changed the V's belt since the Cannonball, so now that's on the list. ...gonna cut down the old medium height Falco screen to a semi-fly-screen to see if I can get rid of the buffetting once and for all....

And now to figure out how to record my lectures and post them by 10:30... because today initiates "remote teaching" for the next two months.

IMG_6747.jpg

Ossessionato
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:04 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
Which of course reminded me that I hate sitting around for hours listening to people talk.
I am with you on that one. That is one reason why I ride.
tdrake wrote:
And now to figure out how to record my lectures and post them by 10:30... because today initiates "remote teaching" for the next two months.
Good luck. I hope we can all get back to normal sooner than expected.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm quote
Welp, just ordered two tires for my wife's new(ish) ride.
Genuine Buddy 125, tires circa 2011.
I'm going to replace them because what else do I do weekend after next?
That, and my GTS hasn't had a new belt since I don't know how many thousands of WLeuthold miles.
Actually I do know, which is why the new belt.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:11 pm quote
Between Sunday and today, planted about 12 bushes around the doggie fence at the new house. Had to keep two plants in the house as we had a wee bit of snow on Monday. Rain the rest of the week, so the plants/shrubs should be happy.

Movers coming on April 3, though one minor issue with the house... residential construction is shut down here in PA, with the exception of "emergency repairs", which I imagine are leaky roofs, and faulty electrical or plumbing.... but the one thing missing right now is granite countertops. No counters, no sinks in the kitchen or powder room. And no way to clean up after cooking....

So I'm stuck for the time being..... but the good news is that I will have my riding gear on April 4!!!!! Bad news is that I have not registered my scoot yet.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 am quote
Welp, today and tomorrow I'm going to deep clean the house.

If only I can get motivated....

On the bright (cloudy) side, it's supposed to rain all day.

Yay....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:05 am quote
Still cloudy and rainy outside, but I managed to fix our dishwasher (knocks wood). What started out as a simple (yet difficult to get to) broken heating element grew into a blocked pump filter (caused by bottle labels getting gunked up in the works) and leaky fitting (that I had over-tightened in prior repair/removal). So for about $100 in parts I managed to avoid a service call that would have probably taken 2-3 service calls to get it all done.

Which means maybe I really do have all of next weekend to swap tires and put a new air filter and oil in my wife's sorta new Buddy.
Ossessionato
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 am quote
I straightened my little 4 scooter garage today.

Brought a shelf unit from the office garage.

Threw away a few things, filled empty storage boxes, moved the generator so it isnít as obtrusive.

Much better!
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:53 am quote
My garage is beyond organization. So. Much. Stuff!

Realized I last changed the V's belt during the Cannonball, using borrowed tools and parts from Bill, so that's on the list.

And am gonna cut down my old Falco medium to a sorta overgrown fly-screen in my never ending, Quixotic pursuit of maintaining wind protection while eliminating buffeting.

Like biscuits on a life raft, I'm rationing the woodsplitting. No more than an hour a day! Gotta stretch that out as the days most exciting event....
Ossessionato
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:53 am quote
tdrake wrote:
My garage is beyond organization. So. Much. Stuff!

Realized I last changed the V's belt during the Cannonball, using borrowed tools and parts from Bill, so that's on the list.

And am gonna cut down my old Falco medium to a sorta overgrown fly-screen in my never ending, Quixotic pursuit of maintaining wind protection while eliminating buffeting.

Like biscuits on a life raft, I'm rationing the woodsplitting. No more than an hour a day! Gotta stretch that out as the days most exciting event....
Should you feel that you owe me a belt, please donít.

I am glad that at least something I had taken made it to the finish.

That, plus, in straightening the garage, I found that I have three new belts. Also two variator, three fuel fiiters, and four coils. Feel free to call me a parts hoarder.

As for cutting down the windshield, I suggest you do it a little at a time. I just mounted a fly screen and am getting too much wind. Will be going back to the Faco mid narrow soon.

Bill
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 am quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Should you feel that you owe me a belt, please donít.

Bill
You're too nice of a guy, nobody'd wanna belt you, Bill.

Sorry, sitting around all weekend is getting to me...

Sully, I got by cheap when I looked into our dishwasher. Seems it loves collecting teabags that lodge in cups. Must have fished 10 or more outta there.

Don't look at me, I use a strainer most of the time....
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 am quote
Sledge wrote:
If you're feeling stir crazy...
https://gaminglyfe.com/american-motorcycle-simulator-starts-up-the-engine/
Do they have the Bimmer version of this out yet?

You know, a tour of all the Starbucks along Rte 66...trading free legal counsel in exchange for constant, overpriced repairs...looking for the perfect $8 microbrew IPA...talking one's way out of bar fights...fielding calls from the office on yer SENA while fiddling with the zips on yer $600 Klim jacket....
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:52 pm quote
Organizing your garage??? I got you beat....

I painted the attic!

Yep, probably 10 hours into the project, almost finished. It was finished with some kind of ancient drywall that was brown. Made the place feel closed in and dark. So it's going white.

Makes me feel like I'm making some kind of progress, or keeping my sanity.

Hoping the movers are still working on Friday... fingers crossed
Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:58 am quote
Sorting books...
Oh boy, that's low

I swear this all started innocently.

I tried to find one specific book. And my book shelves are a mess. A mess distributed into several bookcases. No alphapetical order, no thematic order...heck, many books are upside down, sideways... you'll name it.

While searching this one book, I bumped into another. To be honest, that's a good side of having messy bookshelves: you'll get nice surprises

This was a long forgotten piece of poetry by Charles Bukowski. Hank, the 'punk rocker' of poetry.. and a bit of life too.

I sat down to browse the book, 'Burning in water, drowning in flame'. I realised that I'm sure I have some other stuff from the man too. Let the search begin...

It ended up with this!

An epilogue. I put these neatly into one shelve... that's a beginning.

IMG_20200401_193918__01.jpg
A few from Mr. Bukowski. And I noticed one Emily Dickinson slipped into the pile too...

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 pm quote
In case anyone still has the will to shag:

https://twitter.com/badiucao/status/1243904019514286081?s=20
Chinese experts say they found active #Covid_19 in sperm and u will b infected via having sex"
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:34 pm quote
tonyc wrote:

Chinese experts say they found active #Covid_19 in sperm and u will b infected via having sex"
Well, if you have gone that far, you can be pretty sure you have, um, already shared the virus.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
tonyc wrote:

Well, if you have gone that far, you can be pretty sure you have, um, already shared the virus.
Pretty sure my students only have sex via -- or simply with -- their phones, so at least their sex lives haven't changed through all this.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:58 pm quote
Parenteral advice: Explicit photos
I am basically just sightseeing on my scooter.

IMG_20200401_123722.jpg

IMG_20200401_123602.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 pm quote
I'm not sure I have that much more time, but I think to displace anxiety, I've kept on my bed project without the usual procrastination (though I think when my projects hits critical mass, it's a lot easier maintaining momentum).

Anyway, other than final sanding, both head and footboards are complete, just some work on sizing and completing side rails, and then wait for finishing. Yayy!

May have mentioned this before, but I chose elm from my dad's collection of wood that's still around. IIRC, the tree stood along the fence line of our other forty, probably came down 60 years ago, and guessing the tree was at least 150 years old (very conservative, that thing was HUGE), it's some pretty old wood.

Bed.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:06 pm quote
Iím saving my wood jokes for when thatís fully operational.
Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:01 pm quote
fledermause - that is a piece of woodwork art!

I also like the connection with history, gives the object a specific meaning.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 pm quote
Next time I expect to see several notches in the headboard. :
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 am quote
Oh, wow, that headboard is amazing! Nicely done!

How are the slats attached to the larger frame?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:14 am quote
You guys have been cooped up too long!

I've negotiated a notch...

The slats are all loose-fitted, as they don't fill a structural need, and gluing up while aligning 19 slats was already a PITA. the slats at the top fit into a 1/2 inch mortise, without tenons. Bottoms are regular mortise and tenon...could get away with being a bit sloppy being unglued. Expecting gravity to keep them in place-along with varnish or whatever I decide to finish with.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:42 pm quote
Beautiful work, Fledermaus.

Today for me was a vacation day off of working from home.
I went out and shopped for several hours, laying in stores for what I hope to be about four weeks. Good thing I'm good at Tetris, as both refrigerators are stuffed.

It was interesting to see how many people were wearing masks, and everyone in these parts, that I saw, was behaving really quite nicely and doing the whole distancing thing. Lots of folks saying "hi", waving, and even smiling. Pretty calm, cool, and collected.

When I got home I read some work emails, 'cuz I do that on pestilence days off, and found out that I'm on reduced hours now. At least through April I'll be working three days per week, which, well, .

I'm happy anyway.

This will give me time to get that LONG list of things to do done.

Or, you know, maybe not.

Stay well everyone!

Ossessionato
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:43 pm quote
I worked in my office today, making good progress on a preliminary design for a new house. The owners asked for a modern Ranch. Could be cool.

But yesterday, I noticed a screw in one of my Tacoma tires. When I looked closer, all of the tires showed dry rot. It turns out that they were seven years old.

So I made an appointment and took the truck to Discount Tires, where the salesman met me outside. I drove into the slot and stayed outside while they spent twenty minutes changing all four tires and the spare.

Gave Trey my Visa card and he brought back the receipt. Never got near anyone and of course, no touching.

My Miata has had a dead battery for a few weeks, so this afternoon I rode the scooter to the battery store and got a new one. Also the transaction took place outside with social distancing being honored.

So work, tire change and battery change.

Quite productive.

Bill

Tacoma.jpg

Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123Next
[ Time: 0.2341s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0545s) ][ Debug on ]