Sprint/Primavera Seat Customization
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
2015 Primavera
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:50 am quote
I am a fairly big guy (6 foot with 36" sleeve length). My bike seat was fairly uncomfortable unless I sat too far forward toward handlebars. I tried a solo seat but had same issue.

In looking at the base of these seats, it became clear I was sitting precisely on top of the hump in the base designed to prevent you from slipping rearward. Also the seat was too wide to allow my legs to drop down at rest.

I decided to customize my seat. I removed the plastic hump from the base with a Dremel tool. I covered the hole with a piece of flat plastic. I filled the hump void with foam and trimmed (somewhat softer allowing me to "settle in" nicely).I fabricated a new hump in aluminum and mounted just above the seat latch. I made a new void in the foam for the the aluminum hump. I used a sander to narrow the foam part of the seat so my legs could drop down. I made a pattern for the narrowed top and sent it to Suzy at Cheeky seats to make and new cover. It fit nicely though I chose to staple it on to get a tight fit.

I love my customized seat. Fits perfectly. Shout out to Cheeky Seats for great customer service and work.

If you are looking for a solo seat (new) or gray Primavera seat cover (like new) ;-( Check the classifieds.

117_COVER.jpg

649_COVER.jpg

Hump Mounting.jpg

Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm quote
Nice understated job.
Looks like it could have been stock.

O.S.
Enthusiast
2008 Vespa LX 50, 1964 Vespa 150 VBB
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:28 pm quote
I messaged you few times about your old seat- no response
Lurker
Vespa Primavera 150
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:47 pm quote
Seat Customization
I have the exact same issue with the seat hump. I cannot find any aftermarket seat alternatives. Any interest in doing to my 2020 Primavera 150 seat what you did to yours?
Thanks
Vespa Sprint 150cc
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:33 am quote
I'm looking at getting the same cover from cheekyseats. Stumbling into your project makes me want to order now.

Looks great! Good job!
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.1405s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0318s) ][ Debug on ]