I've held off announcing this year's ride because of the pandemic affecting plans everywhere, but I'm somewhat hopeful that by August things will be settling down towards normal. It still may turn out that like Amerivespa, we postpone until next year, but with fingers crossed, we're going to hold the course for now. I think we can all agree that we could use something to look forward to!
As per previous years, this is a casual event, typically with rides on Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and possibly Sunday. We are going to try to throw in some other fun events if possible.
So, for now, first, location: we're slipping across the border to Galena, Illinois. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a town that had its heyday starting in the 1830's lead mining boom in the region. Ulysses S. Grant was given a house there by grateful residents after the Civil War.
Date: August 14-16. We have a block of rooms at the Best Western Inn and Suites. (9923 W, US-20, Galena, IL 61036 Phone: (815) 777-2577). Prices are $177+tax for two queen beds (or one king)-a bit pricier than SW Wisconsin, but it's a unique location, and actually the best price in town. We have a block of rooms under "Wisconsin Scoot," apparently the closest I could get to our name. Rooms should be held until a month before the ride.
Schedule and ride information to be announced. BTW, it's exciting to have an enthusiastic assistant in the form of Belkwinith who has some ideas for fun stuff to complement the riding.
We haven't had to cap attendance, but if we do, it's first come, first served, so at least contact me via PM if you're serious about coming.
Please note that while the riding isn't particularly aggressive, it is at times "spirited" and you not only need to control your scooter, you need to ride well in coordination with others. This is important for your own safety as well as the safety of others. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Again, the event is pending the end of quarantine/shelter in place restrictions, and freedom to move and congregate. I expect the final decision should be made by early July.
Last edited by fledermaus on Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total