my vbb again
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
Author Message
Addicted
GL, PK, PE200 with hack, Sears Rust Badge
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 917
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:05 am quote
Lynnb wrote:
rowdyc wrote:
Great progress but those gear cables should route under the kickstart.
Thanks Rowdy for pointing that out, I looked at the cable adjusters and looked at kicker spline housing and just couldn't see it going down and under.
I'm so sorry. Your are right. Don't change anything.
Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:14 am quote
rowdyc wrote:
Lynnb wrote:
rowdyc wrote:
Great progress but those gear cables should route under the kickstart.
Thanks Rowdy for pointing that out, I looked at the cable adjusters and looked at kicker spline housing and just couldn't see it going down and under.
I'm so sorry. Your are right. Don't change anything.
Thanks Rowdy, I was just starting a research on it again, I thought I had researched the crap out of it before hand. No wonder its taken me 7 years to get this far.
Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm quote
Another update, I received the restored speedo from Steve at Speedo King, it was stuck at Canada customs for near a month. He sent back the old faceplate as well.
I wired up and installed the taillite , I need a rubber gasket so no lense on yet.
I installed the trim back on the cowls and just need to attach the door and latch to the left cowl and then rubber trim.

july 29 speedo.jpg

july 29 speedo old.jpg

july 29 taillite installed.JPG

july 29 trim installed.jpg

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:31 am quote
Ok I better update a bit, got the new fork built by Jonathan at Gick Speed, highly recommended. Installed new races and bearings and other than the heavy handedness by me torquing the races too tight and collapsing the top mount , it went well.

new fork.jpg

new fork 2.jpg

new fork 3.jpg

new fork 4.jpg

new fork 5.jpg

new fork 6.jpg

new fork races.jpg

new fork lower race install.jpg

new fork bike propped.jpg

new fork races secured in place.jpg

new fork races secured top.jpg

new fork bearings done.jpg

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:12 pm quote
More update and catching up.
Headset back in place and I added a mirror holder bracket but it needed modication because it was hitting top of legshield when turned in either direction. After a bit of grinding it cleared legshield.

Next was to tap the horn screw holes to M3 and new screws.

New original headlite and installed.I ended up changing the bezel on the headlite and 12 volt bulbs of course.

Speedo added.

Pinasco regulator added.

Front brake and speedo fastened.

Getting the rubber on the cowls, the neibours cat came over to help.

sept 5 mirror in place.jpg
mirror attached

sept 9 horn screw holes tapped.jpg

sept 5 headlite.JPG

sept 5 headlite 2.JPG

sept 5 headlite 3.JPG

sept 9 speedo hooked up.jpg
Very low miles

sept 9 pinasco regulator.jpg

sept 9 front brake connected.jpg

sept 9 speedo connected.jpg

sept 5 horn wired.jpg
horn wires in place

sept 9 screws for horn.jpg
new screws for horn

sept 5 cowl rubber.jpg

sept 9 proper gas cap knob installed.jpg
proper fastener for gas cap , but I don't think its venting good

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:15 pm quote
And final pics , all done but the tweaking now, shifter cables for sure need adjusting.

sept 5 done almost.jpg

sept 5 done almost 2.jpg

sept 5 done almost 3.jpg

sept 5 done almost 4.jpg

sept 5 done almost 5.jpg
dot for neutral

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:48 pm quote
After having the bike on the road for a bit I was finding it was shutting down every once in a while and had a look at the gas cap, I could see the vent hole on the tank side but not the top . I took it off the bracket and sure enough there was no top exit hole. I got my dremel with a small bit and drilled on an angle through with the inside hole, reassembled and did a few miles, I think that fixed it. I will be ordering a new cap and bracket.

sept 11 gas cap.jpg
you can see the vent hole

sept 11 gas cap 2.jpg
no exit from the vent hole , painted over

sept 11 gas cap 3 drilled.jpg
drilled through

sept 11 gas cap 3 drilled 2.jpg

sept 11 gas cap bracket.jpg

Member
Vbb 1962
Joined: 17 Sep 2020
Posts: 6
Location: Indonesia
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:25 am quote
Unpatience to see ending this project
Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 2284

Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 am quote
MSC_DIY wrote:
Unpatience to see ending this project
Its pretty much done , except for I need to fix up a booboo I made with the drill bit drilling the holes for the emblem but I have the bad divets refilled for paint and will address them later once the touchup paint cures , I'm going to use a razor to cut them down level and then some 1500 paper and buffing compound and buff to shine. I'm goin to simply stick the emblem in place for now as well as the centre emblem.
I still have to see what I can do with the rear taillite , its not sitting nice nice yet. All lites are now functioning normally.
I ordered a bench seat, can't stand this bouncy solo seat.
I'll see how much heat cycling I can get done before the snow fly's here.

sept 17 touchup paint 4.jpg
touchup paint

sept 17 paint spots.jpg
boo boo area

sept 17 paint spots 2.jpg

Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
[ Time: 0.2573s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0748s) ][ Debug on ]