OP
UTC

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport
UTC quote
Gentlemen, has anyone had success with a lower back support? If so, which do you like? Back-A-Line? Ript Gear? Brace-UP? McDavid?

Thanks!

Marty
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
I have a history of major lower back issues, and the Piaggio Gel Comfort saddle went a long way with to improve comfort along with better shocks such as the Bitubo (Piaggio branded) fully adjustable shocks.

I augmented the comfort on mine by adding a Airhawk Cruiser R (large) air pad. Probably the most expensive whoopie cushion but makes a world of difference on the comfort front and is a perfect fit. All day rides of 300+mi/500k km are no longer a problem.

The Airhawk is a great alternative if a new saddle and/or shocks are not in the budget without the need to wear annoying lower back gear.

https://airhawk.net/product/cruiser-r-large/
OP
UTC

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport
UTC quote
I have the Piaggio gel saddle and actually, haven't had a problem until recently. I was fine on the MP3 until I rode a racing go cart last week and tweaked my back a little. Now it is very sensitive on the bike. My friend suggested a kidney belt and I found several that seem popular for motorcycle riders.

I do like the idea of some better rear shocks, though.

Thanks!!!!
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Get some longer bolts and three 1/2" or 3/4" spacers and raise the hinge at the front of the seat.

Footpegs help too, allowing you to stretch your legs out whenever you want.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport

Hooked
2016 MP3 500 Sport
UTC quote
Thanks. I have the footpads and they are great, but I like the idea of tasing the front of the seat!

Marty
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0314s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0093s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]