Gel Seat. How Can I Tell If I Have It?
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
2016 MP3 500ie
Fri May 22, 2020 3:08 pm quote
I recently bought a Comfort Gel Seat for my 2018 MP3 500. It arrived today and I made a physical comparison to the "stock" seat that came with my MP3. Truthfully... they look identical. Yes, the driver's backrest on the new seat says "COMFORT GEL" on it, but that backrest is just attached to the main seat with 3 bolts... so it would be very easy to put that backrest on ANY Piaggio seat.

The bottom of the new (supposedly gel) seat does have the word "SOFT" imprinted on the underside near the center of the seat. But other than that... it looks (and feels) exactly like the stock seat. There are several openings in the plastic under-seat where you can see and feel the foam material. Both seats seem to be identical in that regard. I would have expected a "gel" seat to have... well... gel ! ! !

I think I may have been duped.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I have not yet installed the new seat.

Ken
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Sat May 23, 2020 12:29 am quote
Here are few things to help you determine if you get the real gel saddle or not.

1) The gel saddle always has a smooth seating area

2) The standard saddle always has a faux leather seating area.

3) The gel saddle has a embossed area on the seating area where the gel pad resides. Do not assume that the entire seat is made from gel. See pic

4) The gel saddle always has a faux leather look at the rear where the PIAGGIO logo is embossed.

5) The standard saddle always has a smooth rearend where the PIAGGIO logo is embossed.

In other words, the covering is the opposite between the gel and standard versions.

Hope this helps.

D92D6B686CBD1B0004BA3CDBA3159BB3.png

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500 2016
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:31 pm quote
Squeeze it hard
They feel different. I have a gel seat too. It's kind like the difference between natural boobs and implanted boobs.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2458s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0727s) ][ Debug on ]