Tilt motor not working did anyone have experienced this
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
2009 MP3 400ie
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:35 pm quote
sorry guys im here again with another prob. my last one is engine shutting off when release throttle on low speed ive cleaned the throttle body again last nite but still same problem. today while riding after the engine stall when I switch on the key theres a continous beep when i lock the tilt but goes away when i unlocked it ..however i dont hear the 2 beeps anymore when i unlocked it and ive notice the tilt motor is not moving at all when switching to lock and unlock. took off the front panel tilt fluid is good. i took the battery off for 5mins but same prob. did anybody had this prob before and was able to fix it.. also checked all fuses all OK.

Last edited by envirosolarmate on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:45 pm quote
What condition is your battery in? How old is it? When did you last check its 'at rest' volts?
Enthusiast
2009 MP3 400ie
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 pm quote
jimc wrote:
What condition is your battery in? How old is it? When did you last check its 'at rest' volts?
battery is new mate. last month only. and the engine starts right away.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:51 am quote
the pot meter is off its 12 degrees

remove lower electric engine from the top hydrolic part

Set the top part at 12 degrees again with the little screw i've shows lots of times between 11 and 13 degrees you should not hear a Beep when you put the ignation on if you doe it with ignation on it will keep beeping

assemble all again and it should work again
Enthusiast
2009 MP3 400ie
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:55 am quote
Maksor wrote:
the pot meter is off its 12 degrees

remove lower electric engine from the top hydrolic part

Set the top part at 12 degrees again with the little screw i've shows lots of times between 11 and 13 degrees you should not hear a Beep when you put the ignation on if you doe it with ignation on it will keep beepin
assemble all again and it should work again
thank u for your advice but Im not sure how to remove the motor and know the degrees is there a picture reference I could use. thank u mate.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:13 am quote
download the workshop manual
Enthusiast
MP3 250 & T Max
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:15 pm quote
If you are unsure as to how to set-up the 'pot' in relation to the electric drive motor & hydraulic drive part,let me know. I received excellent practical advice from a member several years ago and would be happy to pass it on.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:56 pm quote
spdtwn wrote:
If you are unsure as to how to set-up the 'pot' in relation to the electric drive motor & hydraulic drive part,let me know. I received excellent practical advice from a member several years ago and would be happy to pass it on.
please do tell, inquiring minds are always wanting to know more and better stuff.
Hooked
Fuoco 500ie - 2007, Benelli Adiva 150 - 2003
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 am quote
I would like to know too, after two years trying to empty my garage there might be enough space to get my Fuoco in it and start to work out why the tilt lock isn't working soon...
Enthusiast
MP3 250 & T Max
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:55 pm quote
Some history. 2014 I bought my 2007 MP3 250. "it's all good-except that front lock parking system doesn't work, I've included the parts to fix it-just haven't the time'. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for!
Part supplied was the electric ( ex wiper) motor. I soon found out further items were required ie. ECU,Geared motor (internals had been stuffed) & potentiometer. Local agents mechanic had advised me to part the bike out for scrap as cost of repairs would be sky high...
The advice I received from MV member Alistair on understanding the system was priceless.
Having ascertained that all the above parts function: I removed the pot.tested its full sweep resistance 5 ohm-it has 3 contact pins; test meter on center & either outer pins. I set it to 2.5 ohms. Then removed the cap on the electric motor and using a long bladed screwdriver I backed the screw off as far as it would go-bringing the geared motor to the start of its travel; then wound the electric motor the other way- this time COUNTING THE TURNS- from memory 166 full turns of the screwdriver ( had notched the handle so I could tell a full turn). So, to center the gm I backed off half ie; 166 divided by 2 =83 turns. Now having both the pot & the gm centered I slipped on the pot-and switched on the ignition. Oh! happy day!! Not a beep and the whole system swung into action.
All this is to the best of my recollection-however at 85 that's not always to be relied upon!

Good luck to all who tread this path.
Enthusiast
2009 MP3 400ie
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:12 pm quote
spdtwn wrote:
Some history. 2014 I bought my 2007 MP3 250. "it's all good-except that front lock parking system doesn't work, I've included the parts to fix it-just haven't the time'. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for!
Part supplied was the electric ( ex wiper) motor. I soon found out further items were required ie. ECU,Geared motor (internals had been stuffed) & potentiometer. Local agents mechanic had advised me to part the bike out for scrap as cost of repairs would be sky high...
The advice I received from MV member Alistair on understanding the system was priceless.
Having ascertained that all the above parts function: I removed the pot.tested its full sweep resistance 5 ohm-it has 3 contact pins; test meter on center & either outer pins. I set it to 2.5 ohms. Then removed the cap on the electric motor and using a long bladed screwdriver I backed the screw off as far as it would go-bringing the geared motor to the start of its travel; then wound the electric motor the other way- this time COUNTING THE TURNS- from memory 166 full turns of the screwdriver ( had notched the handle so I could tell a full turn). So, to center the gm I backed off half ie; 166 divided by 2 =83 turns. Now having both the pot & the gm centered I slipped on the pot-and switched on the ignition. Oh! happy day!! Not a beep and the whole system swung into action.
All this is to the best of my recollection-however at 85 that's not always to be relied upon!

Good luck to all who tread this path.
whoa good for you.thanks for sharing mate. will have to digest everything.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1641s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0645s) ][ Debug on ]