He bought it last year not running very well at all - it had been stored for a few years so would stall after a run and just sounded rough. I knew it had a Malossi 135 kit fitted and I was pretty sure I could get it running right so he took the plunge.
Frame numbers match the year but the engine numbers are different so it looks like it's had a swap in the 52 years it's been around.
I completely stripped the carb down in the winter and found it absolutely full of some sort of sediment (obviously from the storage time) so cleaned and rebuilt it.
The fuelling was horrendously rich once I'd done - I think someone had kept turning up the mix to compensate for the blocked carb. It was an absolute pig to start and would leave patches of fuel on the floor when it did start
Also it bogged down all the time and was just embarrassing. I've got it about right now and it pulls away beautifully.
Front brake was also non existent so I've just sorted that today but found the brake lever was snapped so waiting for a new one to arrive before I can give it a road test and start adjusting it.
Hope you like the pics
Last edited by Wazzzer on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total