stamped horn cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Lurker
LD150
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 am quote
Does anyone have experience with replacing a 2 part horn cover on an Rally. Im not clear how the horn cover particullarly goes on since I dont think it is supposed to be spot welded. Are you supopsed to trim it and braze it in?

This is the item
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/repair+sheet+horncover+for_75323700
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:59 pm quote
This is better answered in the Not-So-Modern section. Can moderator please move it?

Are you looking at replacing just the actual horn mounting bit? I've replaced it on my Super, relatively straightforward job. Yes it's spot welded on, no brazing done at Piaggio - at least not on the frames that I'm aware of.

The upper part was pressed with the legshields. While you can buy replacement legshields, you can't get them with that pressing.... so most people weld them and blend them in. Tricky at best.

If the top bit is bent, removing the horn mount means you can get in and straighten it up a bit.
Addicted
GL, PK, PE200 with hack, Sears Rust Badge
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:37 pm quote
It goes on like this:
https://youtu.be/pDBPTVZFZx4

The video is in Italian but you can def understand what he is doing vs what he is saying.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 pm quote
rowdyc wrote:
It goes on like this:

The video is in Italian but you can def understand what he is doing vs what he is saying.
Rowdy very good video, thanks. Always nice to see different methods of doing this, and that looks like a good one.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.1794s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0280s) ][ Debug on ]