Kubler Speedring GTS 300 HPE
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:31 pm quote
BTW, my threat of a class action lawsuit was to draw in anyone who may have purchased anything non OEM for their vehicle which in the dealer's words would void the factory warranty. That's a pretty broad statement. So if someone purchased an aftermarket set of floor mats or a stubby antenna, the dealer was implying doing so would void their warranty. The law was written to protect businesses who produce aftermarket accessories from the big conglomerates. My attorney advised me to tell them that I was prepared to spend what I had paid for the vehicle and accessories to get the ball rolling because they had left me no other option since I could never sell or operate the vehicle on a public road since BMW was washing their hands of any future liability by voiding the warranty. So many times, people at dealerships speak of what they don't know. I go to the BMW Dealership I speak often and they treat me like a Saint. I had no hard feelings and I'm sure they were educated by Mothership BMW not to be making statements unless they knew for a fact what they spoke of. After all was said and done, the service manager admitted that she had no idea that the engine was ran without oil. Service techs manufactured a story to keep from getting in trouble. The guy who worked on my car is still there and he's the only one I'll let touch the car. He takes good care of me and is a hell of a tech.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:20 pm quote
South African are a lot less letigious than 'mericans.
We deal with our problems in other ways.

I wanted to sell my BMW R1200GS. I advertised on biker's social media and had a few nibbles. Then I though "Stuff this" and had my BMW Dealer put it on the floor on consignment. When it sold, they did the 90k kms service, changed the front tyre and rear brake pads (at my cost!) before delivering it to the customer.

On his first ride, the engine suddenly stopped...
I got a call from the salesman to tell me there was something very wrong on 'my bike's engine' and was I prepared to partly fund the repairs. I referred them to the service book where their workshop had undertaken every distance or time designated service as well as the latest one. I denied any accountability.

I heard nothing for about 3 weeks. Then I went to my Vespa dealer (who sub-lets space from the BMW dealer) to discuss the purchase of Becky. I saw my old GS on the showroom floor again. I asked the salesman what the problem was and he said that a rag had been sucked into the engine and caused the failure. I reminded him that the bike had been recently service, including an aircleaner element change. Perhaps they should look inside their own workshop for the party responsible as I don't even know where the aircleaner is located. He shrigged his shoulders sheepishly and said "Who knows."

The point I am making is that some dealers will try to find a reason NOT to honour the manufacturer's warranty and will seek any excuse to do so. This has NOT been my experience with my BMW Dealer who remains my dealer and I am still welcome there. We have had issues in the past and have resolved them - mistakes are to be recognised, repaired and action taken to stop them from recurring. Having lawyers discuss this way and that in a court of law only makes the lawyers wealthy and the judges bored.

South Africans talked their way out of a low-key civil war in the 90's. We like to whinge about everything (a habit we learned from the English) but ultimately, we find a way to solve our problems to mutual advantage over a beer or three at a braai (BBQ). African languages call such a meeting an "indaba" and the talking goes on and on and on... but in the end we walk away with a compromise.

Now please excuse me...
I have a new Vespa HPE I need to take for a ride!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:01 pm quote
I think a class action law suit against floor mat sellers is a wonderful idea!

Who's with me?

Lionel-Hutz-0.png

Hooked
Gts 300
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 pm quote
Love this thread. Learning so much. Definitely on my HPE top speed is enough for my almost 180 km daily commuting. I make it faster than any car taking in account the usual traffic jam approaching TLV. And I like the idea that even at full speed engine is operating safely.

@Willie B what about breaking in your new Supertech? Wot out of the dealer. I wont dare.
Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:27 pm quote
arh wrote:
Love this thread. Learning so much. Definitely on my HPE top speed is enough for my almost 180 km daily commuting. I make it faster than any car taking in account the usual traffic jam approaching TLV. And I like the idea that even at full speed engine is operating safely.

@Willie B what about breaking in your new Supertech? Wot out of the dealer. I wont dare.
I ran my 250GTS WOT home from Cincinatti on 75 when I picked it up years ago. It has been maintained very well and runs fantastic.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
[ Time: 0.2702s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0617s) ][ Debug on ]