OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
what items might I look at when purchasing a bike. Chronic issues and such.
I do have a specific bike to look at this week. it is a 2009 with about 3000 miles. Extremely low for the time, so the seller (dealer) is replacing coolant and brake fluids along with the battery. Me thinks it has not been serviced too regularly and I am concerned about items related to the chassis operation that I should look at yet am not aware that I should.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
The biggest thing would be steering notch; there is a sticky thread in this discussion forum describing it. Be sure to adjust and grease the bearings.

Beyond that the MP3 400 model is widely considered the best one of the three of the older vintage (including the 250, 400, and 500 cc models).

I'd be sure the tires are not over their age limit, and maybe change out the drive belt, beyond what you have already said the dealer is going to take care of.

Oh, and when the dealer says they are flushing the brake fluid, does this also include the brake fluid used in the tilt lock system (it should)?
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Thanks
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0359s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0106s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]