2020 GTS 300- New to forums with a few questions.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
GTS 300
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:37 pm quote
Hey guys that's my new Vespa GTS with my co-worker checking it out. I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I am in Brooklyn NY and this is my first Vespa-

Few questions. I already broke a mirror trying to install a handlebar mirror but looks like I got wrong ones. I do not like the stock mirrors. I guess I put too much for and it snapped off leaving the screw inside, tomm I will try to remove this with a left drill bit. Any advice would be amazing.

What mirror do you guys recommend? What upgrades do you recommend? I ordered aprokpvic exhaust from scooter west but does not increase noise or really the HP.

The milk crate only because I am doing some deliveries, I know it looks dumb.

I plan on tinting the lights and removing those reflectors any advice on that?

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 6.45.09 PM (1).jpeg

GTS 300
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 pm quote
Also how can i mount my iphone!
Hooked
BV 350 ABS/ASR
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm quote
messenger911 wrote:
Also how can i mount my iphone!
Quadlock phone mount-spendy but worth it.

https://www.quadlockcase.com/
2020 Vespa GTS Touring 300
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:18 pm quote
Re: 2020 GTS 300- New to forums with a few questions.
messenger911 wrote:
I plan on tinting the lights ... any advice on that?
That's found on you-tube from the other side of the country:

New LED Switchback Turn Signal Set for Vespa GTS
https://youtu.be/N2LWrVFV5z0

European Turn Signal Kit for Vespa GTS with LED Running Lights
https://youtu.be/ibLOsxQBBEE

In someways I like the milk crate better than the top box, which is an expensive but handy tool too.
Enthusiast
2020 GTS 300 Super
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:15 pm quote
messenger911 wrote:
Hey guys that's my new Vespa GTS with my co-worker checking it out. I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I am in Brooklyn NY and this is my first Vespa-
I'm also a new owner of a GTS 300 Super. Great ride. Welcome.
Quote:
I already broke a mirror trying to install a handlebar mirror but looks like I got wrong ones. I do not like the stock mirrors. I guess I put too much [force] and it snapped off leaving the screw inside, [tomorrow] I will try to remove this with a left drill bit. Any advice would be amazing.
Check with ScooterWest.com. They have a hard-to-find easy out bit just for situations like that.
Quote:
What mirror do you guys recommend? What upgrades do you recommend?
I recommend you get whatever you like to personalize your scoot. That's the only way to go. I've been ordering most of my upgrades and add-ons from ScooterWest because they have some high quality stuff. I'm a photographer, so I looked all over for a camera bag that would be easy to attach and remove from the folding rear rack I got and just couldn't find one I liked. Last night I ordered a tail bag from RevZILLA, a Saddleman R1300LXE that was made for mounting on racks (and other places on a bike). Then from B&H Photo I ordered some camera and lens pouches and accessory bags to protect everything I will be putting in the tail bag. But my point is, it's your scoot, so get what makes it your own, not what everyone else gets. Let quality parts be your first priority, and let price come afterward.
Quote:
I ordered aprokpvic exhaust from scooter west but does not increase noise or really the HP.
But it does look better than the stock muffler.
Quote:
There are several options for lights. Check to see what the law allows, then get something you like. I had my reflectors removed when I bought the scooter and they put in color matched, tiny little buttons. Again, ScooterWest, although the buttons weren't quite the same shade/hue of yellow as my bike, but close enough for who it was for.

Enjoy!
Hooked
Gts 300
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 pm quote
Welcome in! Glad to see a ״utilityĒ new Vespa with this huge functional black basket on the back. Thatís what Vespas are for. Personally original mirrors do the job. I am about to install a remus exhaust mainly because cheaper than the original which is dead afterm30.000 kms. Ride it safely and enjoy
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:46 pm quote
Welcome in MV from beautyful Italy!
Enthusiast
GTS 300 ABS, 2018
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:01 pm quote
I wish you welcome too and it was a pleasure to notice that we share at least one opinion. I too dislike Vespa stock mirrors and have replaced them every time. The latiest one has Highway Hawk brushed steel barend mirrors which are absolutely super.

I kinda liked the milk basket. So robust and simple. Very practical too obviously.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 pm quote
You can use Tamiya smoke spray for tinting the lights.
Addicted
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:34 am quote
Nice ride. Welcome to the forum.
2021 GTS 300 Racing 60ís
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:48 am quote
messenger911 wrote:

Few questions. I already broke a mirror trying to install a handlebar mirror but looks like I got wrong ones. I do not like the stock mirrors. I guess I put too much for and it snapped off leaving the screw inside, tomm I will try to remove this with a left drill bit. Any advice would be amazing.

What mirror do you guys recommend? What upgrades do you recommend? I ordered aprokpvic exhaust from scooter west but does not increase noise or really the HP.

2021 GTS 300 Racing 60ís
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 am quote
messenger911 wrote:

GTS 300
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:59 am quote
Thanks guys. Iíll check in with scooter west and all info you guys recommended. Appreciate you all. Scooter west sells the new adjusted mirror plugs for so much! I guess cause there custom but I just made a slit into the old ones since I ordered those by mistake and they seem tight and snug just looks Tad ugly.

image.jpg

2020 Vespa GTS Touring 300
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:18 am quote
I forgot to mention it will be good to use the search function here for some of your questions, you might locate some other innovative solutions that were done in the past.
Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:08 am quote
Welcome from New England
2020 Vespa 300 GTS Super Notte HPE
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:38 pm quote
Welcome! I'm very new here too...and it would appear that you and I have just purchased the same exact model...the Notte. Congrats, and enjoy!
Addicted
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 pm quote
Welcome from The Salt Lake Valley in Utah
GTS 300
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:23 am quote
Thank you all
Enthusiast
2020 GTS300 HPE Super Sport, 2005 GT 200L, 1978 P200E, 2010 S50 4V, 1966 Blue Badge (Polini), 1965 90 (Malossi), Honda Helix, Italjet Velocifero
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 am quote
Mirrors are a personal thing. I like Rizomas, but not enough to drop hundreds on them. Get a quality Givi or Kappa top case. Avoid the Vespa ones because they are too small and expensive.
messenger911 wrote:

2516B4F4-DA69-4B00-BE00-87A428020CED.jpeg

GTS 300
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm quote
Shes a beauty!
rmwill wrote:
Mirrors are a personal thing. I like Rizomas, but not enough to drop hundreds on them. Get a quality Givi or Kappa top case. Avoid the Vespa ones because they are too small and expensive.
messenger911 wrote:

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce,Vespa GTS 300
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 pm quote
flyangler wrote:
Welcome from New England
And welcome from old England madam!

Graham
GTS 300
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 am quote
I saw Rizomas Morris there beautiful hard to find though.
messenger911 wrote:
Shes a beauty!
rmwill wrote:
messenger911 wrote:

Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1623s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0412s) ][ Debug on ]