Not picking up speed
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
2016 Mp3 500ie
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:06 pm quote
Hi y'all. I just bought a 2016 mp3 500 and took it for a ride afew days in a row with no problem. I parked it for 2 days and now it will not pick up speed. It is going 20 mph. I am new to the scooter world so I'm at a loss on what to listen for. The engine sounds good to me or rather sounds the same as the first day. There are no warning lights on the dash and it has gas in the tank.
Hooked
2009 MP3 400
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:38 am quote
Hey! from up the river.

Gotta divide and conquer. Which system is failing?

Is the motor revving like normal? Running correctly?
Is there a CVT transmission problem? Belt slipping? Clutch slipping?
Are the brakes dragging?
Air in the tires? I know it's dumb but it does happen.

Easier to know what the problem is when you know what the problem isn't.
Lurker
2016 Mp3 500ie
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:04 am quote
Hey from down stream. It revs normal, air in tires, no unusual noise, no warning lights on dash. When I accelerate it acts like it wants to pick up but then does not pick up speed. Almost like it's running out of gas and about to stall. It has gas in the tank and it does not stall or shut off. I have only had it for a week but it ran just fine until now. Battery is charged.
Hooked
2009 MP3 400
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:01 am quote
Don't know what your mechanical background or skill level is, but since the machine is new to you it probably wouldn't hurt to take the cover off and give the CVT a once over to make sure everything is normal there just to rule that out. Mic Bergma has some nice how to videos posted on youtube.

Otherwise I'm thinking an engine issue. Still pondering why it would be sudden onset after being parked for a couple days.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.3602s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0554s) ][ Debug on ]