OP
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS250

Enthusiast
GTS250
UTC quote
Does anyone know the color of the GTS high beam head light wire color?
I'm installing CustomDynamics Headlight modulator on my GTS and I don't know if it is the brown wire or the purple.
@grscum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BMW G650GS, 2006 GTS,

Ossessionato
@grscum avatar
UTC quote
If you have a multi-meter or a test light you should be able to find it without a problem. You can often find test lights in the $.99 bin at AM/PM! Connect the aligator clip to a ground point somewhere and then turn on the high beams and poke the sharp tip into the wires, if the test light lights up you have found it. Just to confirm, switch the high beam off and on to see if the test light turns off.... Be carefull not to stab yourself with the test light, they are often very sharp!
@stldon avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT200-Vintage Green, 2004 BMW R1150RT-Biarritz Blue, 9' 4wt G Loomis

Hooked
@stldon avatar
2005 GT200-Vintage Green, 2004 BMW R1150RT-Biarritz Blue, 9' 4wt G Loomis
UTC quote
Here is the one I went with http://www.comagination.com/ it was "plug and play".

I did get the Custom Dynamics "Back Off" tail light mod. It works great.
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS
UTC quote
grscum wrote:
Connect the aligator clip to a ground point somewhere and then turn on the high beams and poke the sharp tip into the wires, if the test light lights up you have found it.
Ooh, poking through the insulation, even in a protected area of the scooter probably isn't a good idea. With a little dampness or dirt you can easily get a "voltage creep" from the puncture to another wire or anything metal. I've not seen it on scooters but have on aircraft wiring. Try to measure at connectors, cable ends or fuse blocks when possible.

We all have different areas where we seem to be purists, this one may be mine.
@grscum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grscum avatar
UTC quote
lomunchi wrote:
grscum wrote:
Connect the aligator clip to a ground point somewhere and then turn on the high beams and poke the sharp tip into the wires, if the test light lights up you have found it.
Ooh, poking through the insulation, even in a protected area of the scooter probably isn't a good idea. With a little dampness or dirt you can easily get a "voltage creep" from the puncture to another wire or anything metal. I've not seen it on scooters but have on aircraft wiring. Try to measure at connectors, cable ends or fuse blocks when possible.

We all have different areas where we seem to be purists, this one may be mine.
Very good point, removing the headlight and checking at the connector would be best since this area might be exposed to outside elements some how someway. I use dthis technique for years though doing automotive electronics, but everything was inside the car protected from the elements.

I LIKE THE IDEA OF THAT PLUG AND PLAY MODULATOR!
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS250

Enthusiast
GTS250
UTC quote
I found the right wire!! It is the thick purple wire is the high beam wire.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0480s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0220s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]