2006 Vespa gt250 ie issue.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2006 GT250ie
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 am quote
Had my 9000 ml service and the engine now runs great although there were still some problems they missed and took care of free of charge. Two or 3 days after getting it back, I was out on a ride, doing errands. At the second place I stopped, the Vespa wouldn't start and I suspected the battery. Got a new battery. Lately, though the engine will die at a red light, easily restarted. I have it on a charger and notice that right after a ride around town, and the charger light is red indicating a need to charge. 10 or 15 minutes later the light is green. So to be safe I put it on the charger every time I come home. What's up with this thing?[/b]
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 am quote
Moved from its lonely place in the For Sale section...
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am quote
Re: 2006 Vespa gt250 ie issue.
bexpet wrote:
Had my 9000 ml service and the engine now runs great although there were still some problems they missed and took care of free of charge. Two or 3 days after getting it back, I was out on a ride, doing errands. At the second place I stopped, the Vespa wouldn't start and I suspected the battery. Got a new battery. Lately, though the engine will die at a red light, easily restarted. I have it on a charger and notice that right after a ride around town, and the charger light is red indicating a need to charge. 10 or 15 minutes later the light is green. So to be safe I put it on the charger every time I come home. What's up with this thing?[/b]
Sounds like the charging system isn't charging the battery.

Measure the voltage at the battery after starting. At idle it should go up to 13.5V or more, and when revving it should go to ~14.4V. If that's OK, then your new battery is duff - if that's not OK time to start trouble-shooting.

Check the main 30A fuse first (under the pet carrier). If that's blown then the battery cannot charge.

Please report back.
2006 GT250ie
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:00 am quote
Thanks for taking the time, jimc.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1326s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0312s) ][ Debug on ]