Cool accessory
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Author Message
bodgemaster
1963 GL, 1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 5333
Location: So Cal
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:57 am quote
Not normally a fan of cosmetic accessories, but this caught my eye on an old VBB. Pretty snazzy.

2B5DC30C-9520-4D39-A8E5-A41AD0C9340F.jpeg

Molto Verboso
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 1919

Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:02 am quote
Yes I seen one in a pic the other day and thought wow that looks cool and certainly could have saved me some body work
Ossessionato
Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 3354
Location: pacifica,ca.
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:10 pm quote
LAMBRETTA GP Rear Frame Grill - Polished Alloy
Addicted
2007 Stella 150
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 761
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Addicted
bare metal cafe racer
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 859
Location: Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:21 am quote
Would make a killer tail light...
Molto Verboso
Honda elite
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 1096
Location: California
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 am quote
pheasant plucker wrote:
Would make a killer tail light...
Great idea it would be practical
bodgemaster
1963 GL, 1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 5333
Location: So Cal
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:12 am quote
So itís a Lammy part? Aaak now Iím horrified.
Molto Verboso
1963 VBB2T
Joined: 07 Nov 2012
Posts: 1919

Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 am quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
So itís a Lammy part? Aaak now Iím horrified.
Banned
2:6
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 7575
Location: San Francisco
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am quote
series 1-2 not GP. on the early S1 the air was drawn in there and passed through the frame to reach the carb
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 367
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:25 am quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
series 1-2 not GP. on the early S1 the air was drawn in there and passed through the frame to reach the carb
I second this. Aptly enough, they were called Framebreathers.
Addicted
bare metal cafe racer
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 859
Location: Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:17 am quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
So itís a Lammy part? Aaak now Iím horrified.
I think that makes it even cooler to use ;P Especially as a brake light.

If and when I get my hands on a wide body frame might use one so as not to disrupt the rounded tail.
Style Maven
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa PK50XL2 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special '66(?) Super125
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7799
Location: seattle/athens
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:59 am quote
I think this only works well on a largeframe with that 'notch' it mounts in behind the seat. My VB1 wide body is smooth all the way back.

Addicted
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 790
Location: Cheshire
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:39 am quote
later models they just replaced it with the badge inset so no changes to bodywork
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 367
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 am quote
Gasmk1 wrote:
later models they just replaced it with the badge inset so no changes to bodywork
...except for the rest of the body.... They don't fit on series 3 Lammies.
Member
Rally 200, Lambretta Li125
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Location: Austin Tx
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm quote
Lambretta S1 and S2 - it is purely cosmetic, not a vent of any sort, just occupies the space below the seat, S3 Lambretta would replace this "vent" with a model badge plate. I have seen this a few times where someone will bolt one of these onto a Vespa. It makes me wonder what else they might've done.
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 367
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:02 pm quote
Trials125 wrote:
it is purely cosmetic, not a vent of any sort, just occupies the space below the seat.
Hmmm. So there's holes in the frame, but they act in no way as a vent?



For reference: Series 1 ^ Series 2 v



Last edited by Frank N. Stein on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2543

Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm quote
Who am i to judge the use of Lammy parts on a Vespa?...i have a Series 3 taillight on my PX200. I reckon it looks much better than the stock PX taillight.
Member
Rally 200, Lambretta Li125
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Location: Austin Tx
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:37 am quote
S1 "frame breather" models would be the only exception here. On all other S1 and all S2 it is cosmetic.
Addicted
bare metal cafe racer
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 859
Location: Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:53 pm quote
V oodoo wrote:
I think this only works well on a largeframe with that 'notch' it mounts in behind the seat. My VB1 wide body is smooth all the way back.
I was just trolling... ;P

But that's a beaut looking WB... did you use a cradle for the lump?
Member
LML
Joined: 01 Aug 2019
Posts: 28
Location: London
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 am quote
whodatschrome wrote:
Who am i to judge the use of Lammy parts on a Vespa?...i have a Series 3 taillight on my PX200. I reckon it looks much better than the stock PX taillight.
Let's see a pic of that!
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2543

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:15 pm quote
jackytwoshoes wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
Who am i to judge the use of Lammy parts on a Vespa?...i have a Series 3 taillight on my PX200. I reckon it looks much better than the stock PX taillight.
Let's see a pic of that!
I lost my cell phone last week, so i don't have pics of it anymore...nor can i take any new pics until i buy a new phone...which happens to probably cost
about the same amount of money as a "deal of the day" scooter.
Addicted
2007 Stella 150
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 761
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:59 am quote
whodatschrome wrote:
jackytwoshoes wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
Who am i to judge the use of Lammy parts on a Vespa?...i have a Series 3 taillight on my PX200. I reckon it looks much better than the stock PX taillight.
Let's see a pic of that!
I lost my cell phone last week, so i don't have pics of it anymore...nor can i take any new pics until i buy a new phone...which happens to probably cost
about the same amount of money as a "deal of the day" scooter.
Buy a one year old used phone, someone traded in on this year's model. Little less than a deal of the day scooter.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1644s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0342s) ][ Debug on ]