Thanks to the pros that keep me rolling!
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Ossessionato
1964 GS 160 MK II, 1967 Vespa GT, 1968 SS180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1964 Vespa VBB, 2006 Buddy 125, 2013 BMW C650GT
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 pm quote
I do really want to thank all the pros on here for their time and help.

I'm not even going to try to name them all but all the shop owners, dealers, mechanics, and parts suppliers that have shared their knowledge run specials etc with hobbyists like me for free.

I fully understand that this is what you guys do to make a living, I would be sending out an invoice!

One of my favorite pieces of advice for a P200 I bought dirt cheap that had stuck clutch plates was - you can go ghetto on it and fill it with your favorite lubricant and beat it up.

I filled with Marvel Mystery, got it hot and hammered the snot out of it. They broke loose!

Thanks all!
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 pm quote
yo, knowledge is power. and to wield power without allowing others access to that is nonsense. free flow of information and ideas, tips and tricks is always a good thing. to that note i'm also grateful of the people here that have shared a little tip or trick that's helped me out along down the line.

-g
Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:20 am quote
I strongly agree
My scooters would be in the dumpster or I would be broke without the help of all the professionals on this site.

Now, if one of you would just happen to drop and fix this........

eng2.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 am quote
I second the original post. The amount of advice I received here is invaluable to me. From the very beginning I knew I was in the right place.
Ossessionato
1964 GS 160 MK II, 1967 Vespa GT, 1968 SS180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1964 Vespa VBB, 2006 Buddy 125, 2013 BMW C650GT
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 am quote
greasy125 wrote:
yo, knowledge is power. and to wield power without allowing others access to that is nonsense. free flow of information and ideas, tips and tricks is always a good thing. to that note i'm also grateful of the people here that have shared a little tip or trick that's helped me out along down the line.

-g
Oh I agree fully. But I do like to say thank you. The NSM tips and tricks has all sorts of crazy stuff people have thought up and work great!

I help when I can but if I'm not sure I keep quiet. By the way...going ghetto on the clutch like you suggested...I've passed that on to a couple of people and they were as happy as I was when it worked!
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 pm quote
Re: I strongly agree
lostboater wrote:
My scooters would be in the dumpster or I would be broke without the help of all the professionals on this site.

HARD PASS

but i'll tell you how to fix it... or, at least how i'd tackle that mess.

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:16 pm quote
ScooterRaton wrote:
I help when I can but if I'm not sure I keep quiet. By the way...going ghetto on the clutch like you suggested...I've passed that on to a couple of people and they were as happy as I was when it worked!
that's kind of the special part. if you know speak up, if you don't maybe keep it to yourself. but sometimes you just need hot fucking stove action.

but yeah, occasionally, it's not the fix you want but the fix you need. going low-rent and not overthinking it can work wonders here and there. KISS and don't overthink the whole thing. w

again, though, i'm always surprised by the depth and breadth of knowledge here and i pick up some nifty little ideas here and there and hope to share my own for the sake of others out there.

-g
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:22 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
[] i'm always surprised by the depth and breadth of knowledge here and i pick up some nifty little ideas here and there and hope to share my own for the sake of others out there.

-g
Same for me - I've learned a huge amount here.
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 pm quote
jimc wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
[] i'm always surprised by the depth and breadth of knowledge here and i pick up some nifty little ideas here and there and hope to share my own for the sake of others out there.

-g
Same for me - I've learned a huge amount here.
Indeed. Having made my living working on these nonsense machines for the last decade plus it always surprises me when somebody comes up with a little tip or trick thatís new to me. Itís quite enjoyable, actually.

Rule number one: never stop learning.

Rule number two: never get involved with a woman that has a tattoo of a dagger anywhere on her body.

To note: the rules are here to protect us.

-g
Ossessionato
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:43 am quote
Re: I strongly agree
greasy125 wrote:
lostboater wrote:
HARD PASSbut i'll tell you how to fix it... or, at least how i'd tackle that mess.
-g
You have already told how to fix it when some other poor sucker broke one off. As always you guys are sharing knowledge. Now, the question is, I am smart enough to follow it. Only time will tell.

Again, I can thank those who know and share.
Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:57 am quote
I'll also tip my hat in thanks!! The knowledge shared on this forum has helped me in many ways. Having expert knowledge actively available here makes me a lot more confident I can handle any issues that come up.

Thanks!
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:39 pm quote
Yes, still rolling thanks to the great advise here on MV. The great advise also extends to;
Beards
Pesto
Corona (either one)
Music
Real Estate
Photography
Tourism
Ice Cream
Gardening
Pets
Tax
Flower arrangement
Sport
et at
While there may be those who would want to keep it strictly Vespa related, I feel the extracurricular subjects makes us more human where we are able to share the pain and joys of our daily life.
Hooked
S150, Beo 500ie
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:17 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
if you know speak up, if you don't maybe keep it to yourself. but sometimes you just need hot fucking stove action.

-g
Still pondering this.
Sergeant at Arms
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm quote
Juan_ORhea wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
if you know speak up, if you don't maybe keep it to yourself. but sometimes you just need hot fucking stove action.

-g
Still pondering this.
http://m.mlb.com/glossary/idioms/the-hot-stove

So this.

But itís basically turned into the idea of: throw something (a take) at the hot stove and see if it sticks.

So, sometimes when something isnít working you just need a hot fucking stove to throw ideas at and see if something sticks.

Hope that makes sense?

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:34 pm quote
lostboater wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
lostboater wrote:
HARD PASSbut i'll tell you how to fix it... or, at least how i'd tackle that mess.
-g
You have already told how to fix it when some other poor sucker broke one off. As always you guys are sharing knowledge. Now, the question is, I am smart enough to follow it. Only time will tell.

*laughs*

Well, hit me if you need some step by step and Iíll be more than happy to hope you out.

-g
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:59 pm quote
I'll chime in too. There's nothing like a little nudge one way or another to tackle something new, and of course the information to do it.

My extras list is a bit shorter than Sledge's, but yeah, that too.

And if all else fails, the support to realize I'm not the only one to have done dipshit things.
Hooked
S150, Beo 500ie
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:38 am quote
greasy125 wrote:

So this.

But itís basically turned into the idea of: throw something (a take) at the hot stove and see if it sticks.

So, sometimes when something isnít working you just need a hot fucking stove to throw ideas at and see if something sticks.

Hope that makes sense?

-g
OH! Very funny. I'd never heard "hot stove" before and it was hard to tell in your post how "hot" was intended to modify "stove" rather than "fucking," and that "fucking" and "action" are not intended to be related.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 am quote
Juan_ORhea wrote:
greasy125 wrote:

So this.

Hope that makes sense?

-g
OH! Very funny. I'd never heard "hot stove" before and it was hard to tell in your post how "hot" was intended to modify "stove" rather than "fucking," and that "fucking" and "action" are not intended to be related.
Yeah, me too. I had all kinds of scenarios going there for a bit
Ossessionato
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:40 am quote
greasy125 wrote:
lostboater wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
lostboater wrote:
-g

*laughs*

Well, hit me if you need some step by step and Iíll be more than happy to hope you out.

-g
Deep sigh.....
Should have called for step by step. Of course if your helper has no patience instructions will not help..

stephan.jpg
Can you spy the down fall?

Last edited by lostboater on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am quote
Looks like I've been using my lift wrong for years. You're right g, always learning something new!
Sergeant at Arms
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 am quote
Oh honey...
Sergeant at Arms
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:13 am quote
Also to note, yíall a bunch of perverts.

HOT FUCKING STOVE

-g
Ossessionato
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:12 am quote
greasy125 wrote:
HOT FUCKING STOVE
-g
Nope, that is not the down fall.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.4800s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1797s) ][ Debug on ]