MP3 500 injector issue
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
MP3 500 Sport
Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:55 pm quote
Dear friends, I'm looking for a picture of the injector connected on a MP3 500, can't find any to compare my connection, looks like I only have 1 connection and the other one is missing or maybe there no need to connect anything.

Can some one please upload a picture of the injector connection ? For the MP3 500

Thankss
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:43 am quote
Wasn't sure if you meant electrical connector or fuel connector. Here is a picture of the top end of my 500. The red arrow points to the electrical connector and the green arrow points to the where the fuel line connects.

The electrical connector has two pins inside pos and neg. Be careful with this connection as it is easy to break if you push in the wrong direction.

imag1983_34182arrow.jpg

MP3 500 Sport
Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Wasn't sure if you meant electrical connector or fuel connector. Here is a picture of the top end of my 500. The red arrow points to the electrical connector and the green arrow points to the where the fuel line connects.

The electrical connector has two pins inside pos and neg. Be careful with this connection as it is easy to break if you push in the wrong direction.
THanks you very much my friend.

I get the 2 arrows, but what Im wondering is, the Yellow arrow, that connector seems to be alone or something Missing.

Any Idea if something goes there?

ijectopr.jpg

MP3 500 Sport
Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:14 am quote
emmspad wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:

I get the 2 arrows, but what Im wondering is, the Yellow arrow, that connector seems to be alone or something Missing.

THis is the one I got

injec.jpg

Hooked
2009 Piaggio mp3 500ie "Ephie"
Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 am quote
emmspad wrote:
THis is the one I got
since I recently had to replace the injector on my 2009 mp3 500, and I tried and failed to use an injector from an X-9 at first, I can expound a little here:

the newer injectors for the 500 engines have both a fuel line and a fuel return. the older ones only have a fuel line -- so if your has only one hose, the injector that comes with a fitting for two hoses isn't compatible, even if you trade out the fitting from the old injector onto the new one.

the 'nub' (yellow arrow) is just an artifact of using similar plastic mold for two different parts -- nothing attaches to it.
MP3 500 Sport
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:35 am quote
Olestra wrote:
emmspad wrote:
THis is the one I got
since I recently had to replace the injector on my 2009 mp3 500, and I tried and failed to use an injector from an X-9 at first, I can expound a little here:

the newer injectors for the 500 engines have both a fuel line and a fuel return. the older ones only have a fuel line -- so if your has only one hose, the injector that comes with a fitting for two hoses isn't compatible, even if you trade out the fitting from the old injector onto the new one.

the 'nub' (yellow arrow) is just an artifact of using similar plastic mold for two different parts -- nothing attaches to it.
Hi and thanks for your help

Looking at the Manual, it seems to be the same part that I have, with 2 connectors.

And the part numbers seems to be ok

My problem is when I try to get to 2000 RPM, when the bike is in Idle it works just fine, the problem is when I try to acelerate it.

injector manual.jpg

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:42 am quote
Are you saying the engine won't rev above 2000? Are you trying to rev it while the tilt-lock is on and you're not sitting on the saddle? If so, this is expected behaviour. If the tilt-lock is on and you are sitting in the saddle, then the seat sensor might be faulty.

If you're trying this with the tilt-lock of, then it may be something else - but the that would be most unusual.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm quote
The mp3 doesn't have return the X9 Aprillia atlanti Gilera Nexus do
Hooked
2009 Piaggio mp3 500ie "Ephie"
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:34 pm quote
Maksor wrote:
I heard the parts guy at vespa dallas that the more recent MP3 500s have a fuel return and the older ones (like all the ones in the US before this year) don't -- like 2014 and newer models or something -- do we have an authoritative source?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 pm quote
Olestra wrote:
Maksor wrote:
I heard the parts guy at vespa dallas that the more recent MP3 500s have a fuel return and the older ones (like all the ones in the US before this year) don't -- like 2014 and newer models or something -- do we have an authoritative source?
just order the one for year year and your good.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm quote
Sorry I didn't get back to you. The injector you got is different than the one on mine as shown. Only the long side connects to the tank.

But when I got a new injector I did not order the a new fuel connector I just used the one from my old injector.
Piaggio mp3 500
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:25 pm quote
emmspad wrote:
emmspad wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:

THis is the one I got
Trying to purchase an injector for 2009 mP3 500ie. Any help thanks.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 am quote
AF1 in Austin should have them.
Piaggio mp3 500
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 am quote
Squeazel wrote:
AF1 in Austin should have them.
Thank you.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.3100s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0545s) ][ Debug on ]