2007 Stella P200 Motor Install
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:06 pm quote
Timing was off a bit, stator was on "A" which should have been 23. Set the Kytronik to "0" during the testing which is supposed to be no change or a pass through. It was actually 18 when checked with a timing light. Timing was also fixed through the rev range so I know I selected the correct one. It has a KyTronik, and was set on a curve with 8 retard. So it was going from 18-10.

I spent some time checking and finding "0" or TDC. I used my digital angle gauge found "0" twice. Even checked the angle when touching the piston stop and it was the same in both directions. Same as you do when centering and zeroing a degree wheel.

Rotated the stator to the end of the slot was able to get 6mm movement. Checked the timing and I'm now at 24, turned the Kytronik to "4" and the timing moves from 24 to 18.

Now we'll see if she generates a little heat, wouldn't get up 190F.
Jet Eye Master
PX221 Malossi, O tuned PX200 and some motorbikes
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:47 pm quote
I have found Kytronic 0 to be not quite zero. Might be a degree or two out. Can quickly wire the stator to CDI to confirm. If yours is, no need to change the timing. Just switch to 6 or B or similar.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:11 pm quote
Timing Set Using Timing Light and Digital Angle Finder
Physical timing marks were way off when I checked, with a digital angle gauge and timing light as noted in my earlier post. Here is a Dyno comparison with a before and after mean, just a little bit of a difference, torque up 15%, power up 22.9% and shifted to the right about 1100 RPM to 6000.

Temperature still never went over 200 degrees F, she runs in the high 180's. Idle she gets up to about 150 degrees F. Time to perform a plug chop or two, and start leaning here out a little I bet. The odd part is the only spot she is so rich that she misses or 4 strokes as some call it is at 1/4 throttle. That really shows up on my AFR meter also. AFR drops to around a 11 and she starts to miss. The rest of the time at WOT the AFR shows up between a 12 and 13 which should be ideal.

I was running at 1/2 throttle in third gear for a few miles in third she never got over 200F.

I tried running 3/4 throttle for a few miles not any better.

When I pulled the NGK B8 plug at home it is a little black but not wet or oily.

Time for a few WOT plug chops, makes me want to lower the needle a notch and put in a smaller power jet I have sitting in a box before I even start. My problem is, I don't know if I trust the temperature gauge. The AFR meter had been really close with my old setup, maybe this setup it wont be. Maybe the built in Temperature gauge is off, may try the Trail Tech again, just to see.

Pre and post 24 degree mean.jpg
Dyno comparison with a before and after mean.

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:11 am quote
Cruising RPM
Spent some time looking at the present power and torque curves and my desire to be able to ride at a consistent 60 mph or 97 kph. I know the fourth gear was swapped for a closer ratio fourth, 36 tooth I was told. This also matches the 6000 rpm at 60 mph I was seeing using this website.

http://gearingcalc.free.fr

Switched fourth to 36 tooth and put in a 100/89-10 tire. That tire size matches the measured perimeter. Ordered a DRT 24 tooth clutch gear, currently have a 23. That should drop my 60 mph rpm to 5750 and we'll see what that feels like. Should move me into a little more torque giving up a little power. That 6800 rpm or a little less over rev just doesn't feel right so close to desired speed. Crack the throttle a bit and you can feel it.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:06 pm quote
Changed Power Jet from 80 to 70, Jet Needle lowered
Made a little progress lowered the jet needle to lowest point and put in a 70 power jet vs 80, power is up 5.2%, torque is up another 3.9%.

The temperatures noted below were riding a few miles up and down small hills.

Lowering the needle got me up to a 225F temperature range for 1/4 and 1/2 throttle. That's an improvement from less than 200F.

Need smaller main jets, running a few miles at 3/4 she cooled off instead of warmed up, also wouldn't rev out to 7800 rpm.

Now if I keep the throttle below half, the motor will rev out to over 7800 rpm vs 6800 rpm previously.

80 to 70 Power Jet and lowered needle to top notch.jpg

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:52 pm quote
Plugged Power Jet
Today per Jacks suggestion to simplify jetting I plugged the power jet, Stella revs out a bit further. A small gain in peak power also and more over rev. I'm going to try a leaner main jet to see what happens. Currently at a 260 next available from Mikuni is a 250. Temperature did get up to 243F or 117C today up a small hill into a head wind at WOT in fourth.

I think I may need to raise the needle a notch, adjust 1/8 to 1/2 richer, not much color on the plug. It is a new plug, I also put a NGK cap on with no resistor and am using a resistor plug, easier for me to get the plug type I wanted. The resistor type are stocked in the auto parts stores here. Most of the riding was at no more than 1/2 throttle. Temperatures are still nothing to worry about. I think the aluminum is harder to heat up than my old cast iron DR.

One thing I have noticed with this head on spark plugs is that you can see the color on one side is different than the other. Guessing it the side being shielded or shaded by the head shape. Makes me wonder what the centrally located VRH head would look like.

Forgot to include there is about 15 miles on that plug.

power jet plugged.jpg
Same jets as previous just plugged the power jet

2020-10-06_14-55-52_025.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-55-58_692.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-55-59_258.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-03_626.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-11_264.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-16_233.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-20_403.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-30_678.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-57_201.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-56-59_737.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-57-04_674.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-57-09_011.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-57-12_715.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-57-16_184.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-57-25_760.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-58-05_028.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-58-11_167.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-58-14_036.jpeg

2020-10-06_14-58-18_307.jpeg

Jet Eye Master
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:03 pm quote
Here's a few more suggestions to make this process quicker and end up with less damage.
Leave the power jet blocked, you're not ever going to need it.
Take out the main jet and leave it out until every other jetting position is perfect.
Fit a pilot jet that you know for sure is one size too small and can only take 1 turn on the airscrew before it weak bogs.
This leaves you unhindered to focus on the diameter, length and taper.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 pm quote
The pilot screw is about two turns out right now. If I turn it in one turn the idle slows and she will die. About one turn back out and she is fine. Do you still think I should try a smaller one?

I'm going to have to work with the needle jet and jet needle I have for the next few weeks at a minimum. I've located a store called Allen's Performance, in the UK I believe, I am trying to get some information from them. They are a stocking dealer of the 622 series needle jets I have, emailed them today. waiting to hear back from them. I can get needle jets in .005mm increments from what I have now. Found several sources for jet needles, need to measure what I have, as I haven't been able to find a source with dimensions for factory jet needle 5EL68.

I can't say I'm unhappy with how she runs now, the only driveability I had was four stroking at 1/4 throttle . Lowering the needle to position 1 knocked out the four stroking I had at 1/4 throttle. I think thats where tuning the two will help.

Looking at the plug I'm still trying to decide if I went to far and should try position 2 again and see how dark the plug gets. I know the middle position left me with a black soot covered plug with build up, and four stroking at 1/4 throttle. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I shouldn't try position 2 again as my timing was way out.

I also have main jets I can use at the moment. I know my AFR meter shows my AFR dropping into the low 12's at wot throttle in third. That is also the point I can feel her start to miss at 7000 rpm. That could just be me bumping against some limit and unburnt fuel. That's why I wanted to try a step leaner on the main.

Also not sure I want to get to in depth until I decide on a exhaust pipe. The SIP road XL didn't get good reviews, compared to alternatives it was tested with. Seems to be better boxes for torque such as a TSR vortex or a BGM touring, 15-20% more torque in the lower rpm.

Also want to hook carburetor intake up to the hole in the frame to pull cooler air in. I'm sure that will change the jetting again.

That should be enough miscellaneous rambling and notes for today.
Jet Eye Master
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:22 pm quote
Problem with these more professional carbs is there are so many many variables. Carb can go rich lean, rich lean as you open the throttle to WOT. Even with great experience setting up an unknown carb to factory smooth is a challenge.
Being way over rich can do damage in the same way lean does. With a good selection of parts this could be done in a few days.

As I said pilot jet should be so lean it will run too rough with the airscrew open more than one turn. Change your jet to one much smaller.

Removing the main jet completely and running without one removes another variable.

This way, all focus is on the difficult part which is diameter and taper. Length is easier once these two are known. Main jet and pilot can be adjusted correctly later.

Bellows, exhaust, fuel pump, float set up etc. All change the jetting but not so much compared to how it is now.

With the temperature being so low it's clearly not good. When putting a bike carb on a scooter, it's not unusual to change every part. Trying to ride to hard before jetted in is going to wreck the engine.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 am quote
Jack221 wrote:
Problem with these more professional carbs is there are so many many variables. Carb can go rich lean, rich lean as you open the throttle to WOT. Even with great experience setting up an unknown carb to factory smooth is a challenge.
Being way over rich can do damage in the same way lean does. With a good selection of parts this could be done in a few days.

As I said pilot jet should be so lean it will run too rough with the airscrew open more than one turn. Change your jet to one much smaller.

Removing the main jet completely and running without one removes another variable.

This way, all focus is on the difficult part which is diameter and taper. Length is easier once these two are known. Main jet and pilot can be adjusted correctly later.

Bellows, exhaust, fuel pump, float set up etc. All change the jetting but not so much compared to how it is now.

With the temperature being so low it's clearly not good. When putting a bike carb on a scooter, it's not unusual to change every part. Trying to ride to hard before jetted in is going to wreck the engine.
I've got smaller pilot jets on order, and several jet needles, I have a 27.5 in there now and a 25 on the shelf. Should have them by this weekend. Should be able to experiment a bit on Monday. Not having anyone local to get some of these parts from, means it all takes time and patients. I found a local source for main jets. They work on snowmobiles and Norton motorcycles.

Orders jets and needles from this company.

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/carburetor/mikuni-parts-by-category/jettting-tuning/needles.html

5N13
5E75
5F3
5FL7
5L1
5DT49
5DP7
5FP17
5FL14
5DP10
5CD20
5DJ8
5J11

Once I put in a small pilot and remove the main then what?

Mikuni jet chart Sudco.pdf
 Description:
Here's a chart with jet sizes listed

Download
 Filename:  Mikuni jet chart Sudco.pdf
 Filesize:  1.16 MB

Jet Eye Master
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:47 pm quote
Next is diameter. Mark the throttle grip so you know where quarter is. On a mikuni the diameter is changed with the atomiser. Select the atomiser to make slightly under 1/4 throttle correct. This will affect the pilot and with every new needle tried it might change.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:07 am quote
Jack221 wrote:
Next is diameter. Mark the throttle grip so you know where quarter is. On a mikuni the diameter is changed with the atomiser. Select the atomiser to make slightly under 1/4 throttle correct. This will affect the pilot and with every new needle tried it might change.
We'll see if Allen's Performance comes through with deilvery. I paid them using PayPal and my Visa. They had smaller needle jets to help with the first 1/4.

General notes from riding yesterday. The power jet is still plugged in both ends. I know you don't care for AFR, but for me it is a good relative indication of where I am, and if changes moved in the correct direction. Comparing to my plug for instance a 13.5 or so currently is a little lean and plug chops verified that.

I know I can lower the 5EL68 needle to position 1 to get a good idle to 1/4 throttle feel and afr of about 13. Leans out a bit between 1/4 and 3/4 13.5 or so. Pictures from the above plug, WOT in third gear is rich, AFR drops into the 11's. 4th gear WOT cruising short period up a hill to see numbers was around 13.2. Still not generating much heat. Did get into the 240F area at one point.

Position 2 the AFR is 12.4 a little rich between idle to 1/4, and causes missing or 4 stroking. The 1/4 to 3/4 has better AFR around 13. WOT in third still rich into the 11's. Fourth gear WOT, short period up a hill around a 13.2 still as expected. Didn't see any temps over 200F or so, the richer low end did cool things off a bit as expected.

Out of curiosity I downsized from a 260 main to a 250 and it didn't really help with the third gear going rich at WOT. Fourth gear cruising WOT still around a 13.2. Still not getting hot.

I'm wondering if it's the initial bogging when opening the throttle WOT from 2300 or so rpm in third causing the rich afr?

Thinking I may put in a EGT gauge to see what that looks like. CHT can take time to register where a EGT sensor is smaller with less thermal load should show a quicker change.

Waiting on my 24 tooth gear, that may help generate a bit more heat as this will put more strain on the motor. Kind of like lugging in a lower gear with less air moving for cooling etc. I know fourth gear has been lowered with an extra tooth, this matches the rpm and speed that I'm seeing. Right at 6000 rpm at 60 mph, should drop it down to 5750 at 60 mph.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:39 am quote
Plan of Attack, looking for Feedback
Should have some free time this weekend, and am thinking of the following

Install 24 tooth clutch cog that should be here. Take Stella out for a ride, see how she runs, get a few dyno runs, update GSF dyno numbers for gearing and make sure power and torque numbers are the same as before.

Might just pull the pilot jet here instead, and put the 22.5 I have in and see how it works and adjusts.

Open the engine casing boost port up to match the cylinder boost port size.

Widen the exhaust port to about 48mm. A little shy of Jacks maximum recommendation of 54mm but give a guy a break. Looking through here I went to about 60%, with thinner rings it was recommended to go wider, 48 mm is 70%. Leaves a little room for rookie porting mistakes, if I mess something up I cant fix it if I'm to wide. Leaves me room if I go over and end up at 50 or 52mm.

Take Stella out for a ride, see how she runs, get a few dyno runs in to see if there is an improvement.

After I make sure that I am back to normal and didn't create any other issues.

I have smaller pilots in my hands so I can lean her out at idle, currently at 25 will go down until I cant turn the air screw out more than a single turn and have idle issues. Might be going down from a 22.5 to a 20 if needed.

While I have the carburetor bowl off I will remove the main temporarily.

Jet needle, without needle jets at the moment I have a few options. Hoping Allen's Performance shipped them.

One - lower the needle to position 1 from position two, this leans out my idle to half throttle and gets rid of the 1/4 throttle richness at transition (I think), 4 stroking. This also leans out the my 1/2 to 3/4 throttle to much, I think.

Two - lower the needle to position 1 and put a shim under it to get a 1.5 position, this might split the bottom end 4 stroking and lean 1/2 throttle position.

Three - Measure my needle, see what I have and sort through the pile of needles I now have, looking for one that has a larger OD at the top.

I have 10 new sparkplugs to perform plug chops and see what I get. Would like to see a few miles at 1/4 throttle and 1/2 throttle, was out yesterday trying to scout where I can pull off and remove plug.

So does this sound reasonable? Anything I'm missing?
Jet Eye Master
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 pm quote
Not quite ready for Dyno runs or plug chops just yet.

The 24 cog should be ok on a Pinasco. If you have a 36 tooth in there it will definitely be ok.

Set the airscrew when at 1/8 throttle or at least very fast idle. This gives better results.

Keep the main jet out until everything under 2/3 throttle is absolutely perfect. And WOT still splutters really bad. This is the quickest, easiest and safest way to jet a needle carb.
Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:28 am quote
I use 24/63 and a 36T 4th in my Pinasco 225 and it's great for most situations, although it was a bit over geared with a passenger and luggage on Spanish motorways!! You will be fine with your 24/65 + 36T 4th.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:02 am quote
My goal is to get my local county road speed limit of 60mph away from the 6800-7000 rpm rev limit she seems to have. Running 60 mph or 97 kph, she is running close to 6000 rpm. I do have a 36 tooth 4th, if Stella is over geared it's nothing irreversible. Also a good excuse to get a TSR Vortex or BGM touring both have 15% + more torque in that rpm range over the SIP road xl I have now.

I have been setting the idle to 2000 rpm with the set screw. On the pilot jet, once I try a few smaller ones, isn't there going to be a point when the idle doesn't want to come back down because of being lean? Never tried going as lean as possible on purpose, always aimed for a turn or two out of adjustment. I was experimenting last night currently anything less than one turn out idle is rough, so rich with this being an air screw. Never did lean out and slow down even with the screw ready to fall out in my hand.

Last edited by Christopher_55934 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Jet Eye Master
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:08 am quote
Sounds like you have achieved lean pilot. Can't turn out more than 1 turn is where it needs to be to get the first part done. Obviously.......don't ride it far or hard or it WILL blow up.

With the pilot jet ultra weak and the main jet missing all focus now on the atomiser diameter.

Increase the size of the atomiser until just under 1/4 throttle splutters bad. Not coughing but full on machine gun splutter. Where you know its nothing else but way too rich. Then reduce the size of the atomiser one at a time, until the splutter has gone and it runs nice....at 1/4 throttle. All other throttle positions will still be bad but 1/4 will be good. Once this is done, onto the next step.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 am quote
Jack221 wrote:
Sounds like you have achieved lean pilot. Can't turn out more than 1 turn is where it needs to be to get the first part done. Obviously.......don't ride it far or hard or it WILL blow up.

With the pilot jet ultra weak and the main jet missing all focus now on the atomiser diameter.

Increase the size of the atomiser until just under 1/4 throttle splutters bad. Not coughing but full on machine gun splutter. Where you know its nothing else but way too rich. Then reduce the size of the atomiser one at a time, until the splutter has gone and it runs nice....at 1/4 throttle. All other throttle positions will still be bad but 1/4 will be good. Once this is done, onto the next step.
Do you think it would be worth trying different jet needle positions? I know I can move to position 1 to lean out and get rid of some 1/8 throttle 4 stroking, 2 starts to 4 stroke a little at 1/8 throttle, 3 really 4 strokes @ 1/8 throttle, wondering if I move to position 4 or 5 if the 1/4 throttle would get rich.
Jet Eye Master
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am quote
Was trying not to get into every detail. When the atomiser is set at 1/4, the needle should be on clip 3 for a 5 clip needle. Can't set the length without setting the atomiser first.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:03 pm quote
First of all I didn't get a test ride after so who knows how Stella runs. I do know she runs i started her up to get a heat cycle in. Other priorities like fixing my wife's car, needed a new starter.

Put , the DRT 24 tooth clutch cog in today, no issues fit right in.

Pulled the head and looked to see how she was doing, took a few pictures.

Took a few pictures of the piston top also, I remember something about piston wash have to look up and see what I can find.

Took a look at the exhaust port again while, not going any wider than 60%. Not much room between the exhaust side cylinder studs.

Opened the boost port up a bit to match the cylinder. Wondering if anything will show up on dyno or jetting?

Looking at the side transfer ports, I can see where they are being fed through the cylinder like a stock cylinder. Will think about opening up the case later and adding case ports. How much of a difference will that actually make?

Pictures to follow tablet not letting me add them for some reason.

2020-10-18_15-16-59_506.jpg
Bottom of cylinder head.

2020-10-18_15-18-29_605.jpg
Picture of piston top, about 20 miles on the current jetting.

2020-10-18_15-27-41_628.jpg
Measured stud length sticking out before marking which end is up.

2020-10-18_15-35-32_996.jpg
Gasket on top of case just a bit of material to remove.

2020-10-18_15-36-16_875.jpg
Gasket on top of cylinder, for comparison.

2020-10-18_15-58-20_557.jpg
Green sharpie showing what needs to come off.

2020-10-18_16-10-44_029.jpg
Piston top

2020-10-18_16-11-28_138.jpg

2020-10-18_17-39-39_708.jpg
No more green sharpie

2020-10-18_17-40-38_113.jpg
Rotary pad looks to be in great shape.

2020-10-18_17-42-31_769.jpg

2020-10-18_17-43-04_176.jpg

2020-10-18_17-43-27_270.jpg

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 pm quote
Scooter Gods are Cruel, Needle Jets Showed up Today
Jets showed up today, tomorrow high of 35F or about 2C and three inches of snow.

IMG_20201019_195132.jpg

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm quote
Pinasco A3611 or part number 25243611
Pinasco A3611 or part number 25243611, I've been looking for a built in head squish band measurement and ran across a post saying it is 1.3mm. With my 60mm crankshaft I have a PBT of 0.38mm, so my squish would be 1.68mm. Looks like I have a 2.12mm squish at the moment with a Genoa 810 head. I would like to find the squish band of the A3610 head part number 25243610. I really wish these companies would publish specs on their parts, with only two motors I have seen, there is quite a bit of variation. Pinasco for instance advertises a 11:1 compression ratio and basically a 1.5hp increase with this head. How can they publish a CR of 11:1 and not even know your PBT or port height measurements?

Squish is listed in this post.

hot or not? Joining the ranks of the data geeks! (Page 2)
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:03 pm quote
This is the reply I received from Pinasco. I asked about the two versions of heads and what the squish of each is.

Dear Customer,

The squish must be between 1.7 and 1.9mm, if you want to fit a central spark plug head you should purchase the item 25243611.

Best regards,

Pinasco Staff
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:55 pm quote
N-9 to N-6 Needle Jet
Todays notes or miscellaneous ramblings.

Got to 42*F or about 5.5*C, today and got a short test ride about 20 miles, This was my first ride with the DRT 24 tooth clutch cog, has a shorter fourth. My test hill, you all have that one hill you want to be going faster at the top, I know you do. I climbed it with no issues, 24 tooth cog isn't over geared in my case. I was doing 62 mph at the top, so that's a plus. Most of my riding at 60 mph is half throttle and 5800 rpm.

Using a N-6 (2.580mm) needle jet down from a N-9 (2.595mm).

With a N-9 needle jet, my jet needle was in position 2, I was thinking position 1.5 would lean it out about right. Position 1 was to lean with the N-9.

With the one step smaller pilot jet 27.5 to 25 and N-6 needle jet, there is a lean transition spot say around 1/8 before a 1/4 that I could feel and hear lean and had a lean surge. My AFR meter said 18.8 and lean. Pulled into a lot and moved the needle clip to position 3 or the middle. This made the lean 1/8 or so transition better. Still in the 14's at one spot but then moves to 12.8 or richer after 1/4 throttle. Idle was a little lean around a 14.3 also, but to be expected with the smaller pilot. I need to get some better notes, but this did move me closer to center for needle position as expected.

Observations during normal riding at highway speeds, at half throttle, about 5800 rpm or 60 mph. I'm a bit richer then position 2 with the N-9. My AFR meter says I'm a bit richer and so does my head temperature, as it never climbed above 187*F and my AFR meter said I was running around 12.6. A 2.5 needle position might dial me in a bit closer, for the rest of the range with position 3. A little rich isn't bad since the cylinder only has about 300 miles on it now. I do have needle shims to try at some point.

I also have a N-4 needle jet I could try which would lean me out a bit more at 1/8 throttle transition but would get me closer in the half throttle range.

Still thinking I should try a EGT meter and see where I'm running, no hurry as its a bit chilly here and riding season is coming to a close.

Put the main jet back in and got a few graphs to have for notes and history. Doesn't look like I messed anything up while I had Stella apart, that is always good to know. There is a little bit more power in the 4500 and 5000 rpm range, not sure why. Maybe opening up or matching of the boost port? I did make the gear changes for GSF dyno. Thinking of lowering the squish next by taking a little off the head, to see if there's a change.

n6 to n9.jpg
Doesn't look like I messed anything up while I had Stella apart, that is always good to know. There is a little bit more power in the 4500 and 5000 rpm range, not sure why. Maybe opening up of the boost port? I did make the gear gear changes for GSF dyno.

Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123
[ Time: 0.1516s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0331s) ][ Debug on ]