Vespa GTS250's
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
GTS 250ie
Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:41 pm quote
Hi All,

I found your site a couple of days ago. Both my wife and I have the GTS. Kates (Casper) is silver & mine (Audrey) is Dragon Red. They are both standard apart from the rubber floor mats. Kate is waiting for her Silver top box at the mo.
Its time to start making them that bit extra special now. Any ideas or pics would be great. Im looking at both styling and tuning options.

Thanks All

Andy
Hooked
Vespa GTS 250
Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 pm quote
A few people have purchased a bitubo front shock absorber. I am going
to wear out the original and then install a new bitubo front shock.

I have a silver GTS. The red & black are very nice. I think the silver is the fastest .

Tom
Hooked
GTS 250ie
Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:17 pm quote
HI Tom,

Sorry to dissapoint you - But RED is the quicker colour!!!
I've heard about the shock upgrade, sounds like a good direction to start heading in.
I like going up the mountain ranges & giving the sportbikes a good run for their money. Coming down is even quicker!!
Thanks for the advice.

Andy
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Yamaha Vstar classic 650 'Yamama' (Currently waspless but don't count me out!)
Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:21 pm quote
Kabcdog,

Welcome aboard but don't get sucked in to TooOld's silver is faster thing... he never lets it go!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm quote
Re: Vespa GTS250's
kabcdog wrote:
Hi All,

I found your site a couple of days ago. Both my wife and I have the GTS. Kates (Casper) is silver & mine (Audrey) is Dragon Red. They are both standard apart from the rubber floor mats. Kate is waiting for her Silver top box at the mo.
Its time to start making them that bit extra special now. Any ideas or pics would be great. Im looking at both styling and tuning options.

Thanks All

Andy
Curiously, do YOU have a red topcase on yours?
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:33 pm quote
I can also vouch for silver not being fast. I have a silver GT200, and it seems to be the slowest GT around here, with a top speed of 118kph.

I have installed a PM pipe, Malossi CDI and Malossi Multivar variator. The result? Lovely take-off and acceleration, and a top speed of 118kph!

The only way I will get more speed is through a gear-up kit, but to avoid losing low-speed power, I would have to install a Malossi 210cc kit, and if I am going to do that, might as well install the Malossi crankshaft as well.

But this is a lot of money, and no-one can tell me what the results will be!

Mike
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:36 pm quote
Silly silly boys. Everyone knows that green is the fastest color. After all, Green == Go.
Hooked
X-9 500 Evo, GT200

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:01 pm quote
jess wrote:
After all, Green == Go.
Well, then yellow must be the fastest color. To quote from the movie Starman:

"I know how to drive. Red light means Stop. Green light means Go. Yellow light means go very fast."

Moderatore Dedicato
GTS250 Gilera Runner SP180
Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:11 pm quote
lomunchi wrote:
don't get sucked in to TooOld's silver is faster thing... he never lets it go!
Hooray,here we go again!!

BLACK IS FASTEST!!!!!!
Ossessionato
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 am quote
Since everybody seems to think that F1 is the best motorsport there is, RED is the fastest, because Ferrari (also Italian) wins most of the time.

Nuff said.
Addicted
gt200
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:40 am quote
Mike Holland wrote:
I can also vouch for silver not being fast. I have a silver GT200, and it seems to be the slowest GT around here, with a top speed of 118kph.

I have installed a PM pipe, Malossi CDI and Malossi Multivar variator. The result? Lovely take-off and acceleration, and a top speed of 118kph!

The only way I will get more speed is through a gear-up kit, but to avoid losing low-speed power, I would have to install a Malossi 210cc kit, and if I am going to do that, might as well install the Malossi crankshaft as well.

But this is a lot of money, and no-one can tell me what the results will be!

Mike
Hey Mike, I know it my not be that cool (in some peoples minds) have you considered a mid size windscreen? I know for me it's got me up to about 76mph (122kph) on a flat road! Just an idea, I know though that I'm not the only one who's experience this effect.

X
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.5704s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0686s) ][ Debug on ]