Insurance
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Piaggio MP3 500
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:31 am quote
Hi just got my MP3 500 & Iím now looking for fully Com insurance anyone in the UK using full car license to ride the bike got any information on insurance companyís best & donít go there would help & also cut down on wasted time asking for quotes .
Hooked
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:46 am quote
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:02 am quote
I'd try Lexham first, as they have been Piaggio's main UK promotional insurer for ages.

They may not have the very best quotes, but they should damn well understand the nuances of the MP3 LT vs RT licensing rules!
Hooked
lml 2t 150 with sidecar, Vespa ET4 150cc
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:20 am quote
Second Lexham, changed my policy mid term from 50cc to 125cc and no extra cost only the admin charge.
With Carol Nash when added a sidecar to scooter they wanted me to cancel that policy at the cost of £130 owed to the end of the policy and then take a new one out for the sidecar saying who I was with wouldn't insure sidecar needless to say I left it to run. Phoned Lexham and they covered me for a good price with the same company who Carol Nash said would not cover me.
Don't mind companies making a profit but that was taking the proverbial.
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm quote
Try LV they diden't ask for everything including what toilet paper you use and do you have a cat or dog like some do. They were very friendly and came up with a very competitve quote.I also got a quote from lexham for a quadro 4 quite frendly but abit long winded.Carol Nash is a right pain in the posterior and always come up with a ridiculus quote compaired with others,
Piaggio MP3 300 HPE
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 pm quote
I had to undergo this trauma the other day. I got a policy with Bemoto. Don't make the same mistake I did though - I went through Confused.com, got some cheap quotes but called to see if I needed a bike license (the questionnaire doesn't specify). Of course they came back with a higher quote but I was so relieved it was half the price of Lexhams (and had all the optional extras built in) that I took it. If I had my time again, I would have called them cold to get a quote, and then done confused.com, then called back to see what the quote would be.

Carole Nash gave me a good quote and at first said it was OK with a car license only through AXA, then changed their minds. They said Aviva would accept car licenses but they were declining to quote for me. No idea why.

Imagine the scene at home - I've told my wife that an MP3 would save on train fares, only to be told that in addition to the 7k on the scooter, the insurance was 1k plus! Although 609 isn't to be sniffed at...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT Sport, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:26 pm quote
I'm curious though and am in no way judging here. Is the reason you don't have an M license is because it is such a PITA to get there? In other words if it were easier would you do it? If so would you look at another bike or still go MP3? It's a strange loophole there but hey it's available so why not use it I suppose.

Enjoy the bike!

My weird insurance story from this side of the pond. I just traded in my BMW C650GT to help cut the cost on a BMW K1600GT Sport and the insurance for the same coverage is cheaper on the 1649CC bike than the 650CC CVT Scooter. Go figure...
Piaggio MP3 300 HPE
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:23 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
I'm curious though and am in no way judging here. Is the reason you don't have an M license is because it is such a PITA to get there?
I will be going for it. There's a bit of a wait at the moment for the various elements though because of lockdown
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:51 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I'm curious though and am in no way judging here. Is the reason you don't have an M license is because it is such a PITA to get there? In other words if it were easier would you do it? If so would you look at another bike or still go MP3? It's a strange loophole there but hey it's available so why not use it I suppose.

Enjoy the bike!

My weird insurance story from this side of the pond. I just traded in my BMW C650GT to help cut the cost on a BMW K1600GT Sport and the insurance for the same coverage is cheaper on the 1649CC bike than the 650CC CVT Scooter. Go figure...
It used to be easy to get a motorcycle licence but then international politics kicked in and started adding loads of obsticals like time and cost to getting one but it's strange or is it ! that they have done nothing much to getting a car licence you can still pass you car driving test at 17 and mum and dad can buy you a buggatti veron and assumeing they will pay the insurance away you go.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2816s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0528s) ][ Debug on ]