ssr-extended warranties
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 am quote
so as my car and scooter are getting older I was wondering if anybody knows of a reputable company for getting an extended warranty. I see the carshield company advertised but in looking online they do not have good reviews

thanks for any info
Addicted
BV 350
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 am quote
Gotta
Gotta realize that extended warranties are just insurance. Which means the companies selling them are, on the average, charging more for the service than it costs. I suppose if money was extremely tight, and paying for a repair would be catastrophic, than an extended warranty would essentially allow you to plan your expenditures. But you will, over time, on the average, pay more for the insurance than you would have paid for repairs.

If you've got something that you have experience with, and it doesn't seem to be having problems, not sure an extended warranty is fiscally sound.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 am quote
All extended warranties exist to make money from you. If you bought extended warranties for all the products in your house that have them available (all electronics, white goods etc) then you'd be a very poor person, saddled with monthly outgoings with very little reward.

Politely refuse every time a salesman tries to sell you one - they make their living just from the commission, never mind the cost of the whole premium.

Yet another example of the consumer becoming the commodity.
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:33 pm quote
thanks for the info but the one issue I have is I have a audi A3 convertible that is getting older and I have only one year left on the warranty. It has fairly low mileage but one thing I know about audis is that there are very expensive to fix. So with that info do you still think an extended warranty is stupid. I have had several audis over the years and they virtually have had no issues outside of routine maintenance so it is likely you are correct though

larry
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:53 pm quote
My experience with extended vehicle warranties is that the fine print excludes almost any repair you would likely need to have done due to exceptions for certain components and wear exclusions, i.e. this is a wear item, not a failure.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm quote
LarryMK wrote:
thanks for the info but the one issue I have is I have a audi A3 convertible that is getting older and I have only one year left on the warranty. It has fairly low mileage but one thing I know about audis is that there are very expensive to fix. So with that info do you still think an extended warranty is stupid. I have had several audis over the years and they virtually have had no issues outside of routine maintenance so it is likely you are correct though

larry
if you think you need extended warranties only by them straight thru the manufacture of the product. DO NOT BUY AFTERMARKET WARRENTIES, they always find an excuse not to pay or only will put used parts or super cheap non factory parts. do some serious investigating on them.
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm quote
old as dirt wrote:
LarryMK wrote:

larry
if you think you need extended warranties only by them straight thru the manufacture of the product. DO NOT BUY AFTERMARKET WARRENTIES, they always find an excuse not to pay or only will put used parts or super cheap non factory parts. do some serious investigating on them.
appreciate your help and I am sure you are right

larry
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2463s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0971s) ][ Debug on ]