Air leak?
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Enthusiast
Several but down to one 80 P200e
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 am quote
Hoping to get some guidance. The situation is, cold start and warm up without riding, engine idles normal. After a 4-5 mile run when is engine warmed up, the idle is high, not screaming but much higher than what I consider normal. I can adjust the idle screw down and the idle drops, but drops below where I had it at cold start.
The other symptom is the also plug. Put a new plug in, rode 30 miles, pulled the plug, its got no mocha brownness and almost white which is too lean but with my jetting it shouldn't be.
Setup is below.
Stock P200, stock exhaust
Jets 160, BE3, 118 main
Idle jet 55/160
Mixture Screw - 1.75 turns out

So with the idle being odd and the plug being almost white does it does make me think air leak?
I will be taking the carb out and rebuilding and change gaskets as well as carb box gasket this weekend as I figured that it won't hurt and will be the easiest to do first. Where else should I look if the carb gasket exchanges doesn't fix it. Exhaust stub? Flywheel side seal?

Thanks for any input.
Jet Eye Master
PX221 Malossi, O tuned PX200 and some motorbikes
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm quote
As always, check the gear oil to confirm it's not the clutch seal.
Enthusiast
Several but down to one 80 P200e
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm quote
Jack221 wrote:
As always, check the gear oil to confirm it's not the clutch seal.
Hi Jack, thanks for the reminder I forgot to put in there. I did check the gear oil first as I was concerned it was and I was going to be a rebuilding if it was, but it was clean.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1675s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0309s) ][ Debug on ]