2018 Vespa GTS Super ABS Brake Fluid Flush
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am quote
Does anyone have a good video that shows how to flush ABS brakes on this model? I know how to flush brakes but never did ABS before - anything unique to worry about here?
2014/2019 gts 300 super/ gts 300 touring
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am quote
Itís the exact same theory, I just did mine but I use a mighty vac, and use syringe to pull brake fluid out of master cylinder. Cover all painted areas with towels and paper towels around the master cylinder. Never let the brake fluid get low enough to bleed air into the system. Suck enough out to you see clear fluid and your done!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 am quote
I never use the vacuum pump. I just let it drain by gravity pumpimp the brake lever. Working on the rear 1 requires a second person.
Hooked
2015 Vespa GTS300 Super
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:19 pm quote
There is an article in the wiki on it:

GTS Brake Fluid Flush

I've done it a few times. I use a lot of rags/paper towels to avoid dripping brake fluid all over everything (it drips - just on the rags). My wife usually helps me by adding the brake fluid while I monitor the drainage from a fitted PVC tube attached to the nipple. I find it easiest to loosen the bleeder screw just a little bit, then and refill the brake fluid reservoir (my wife has surgeon's hands, so she does that part) while the old fluid drains slowly from the PVC tube. Hope that helps.
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 am quote
theschuman wrote:

GTS Brake Fluid Flush

I've done it a few times. I use a lot of rags/paper towels to avoid dripping brake fluid all over everything (it drips - just on the rags). My wife usually helps me by adding the brake fluid while I monitor the drainage from a fitted PVC tube attached to the nipple. I find it easiest to loosen the bleeder screw just a little bit, then and refill the brake fluid reservoir (my wife has surgeon's hands, so she does that part) while the old fluid drains slowly from the PVC tube. Hope that helps.
The pics on that link have been Photobucked.
Can the original author please resize and attach to MV thread?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:22 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
theschuman wrote:

GTS Brake Fluid Flush

The pics on that link have been Photobucked.

Winbreaker was online yesterday. Hope he sees this.
Can the original author please resize and attach to MV thread?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:52 pm quote
To do an ABS brake flush right, the ABS pump needs to be activated. A trip to the dealer after the flush to get them to activate the ABS Pump will get fresh fluid in the ABS pump.
To be do it really right you would flush again after the ABS Activation.
2014/2019 gts 300 super/ gts 300 touring
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
To do an ABS brake flush right, the ABS pump needs to be activated. A trip to the dealer after the flush to get them to activate the ABS Pump will get fresh fluid in the ABS pump.
To be do it really right you would flush again after the ABS Activation.
I just preformed a brake flush on my wifeís 2019 gts touring. Due to air in the lines from the factory. This is why you use a mity-vac absolutely no air is introduced into the abs pump therefore no issues and works!
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1337s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0336s) ][ Debug on ]