09 MP3 250 key won't open seat any more
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Location: a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (now in TX)
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 am quote
Seems to be a common problem, and I have done the 4x on button off suggested in the forum, plus replacing the 2 CR1616 batteries in the key, but my otherwise perfect MP3 won't run the solenoid to open the seat. Trunk lid and light working normally and I can easily release the seat latch by hand from the trunk. But I would like the button to work.

Any tricks I might be missing to re-enable the key push button? I had the main battery go dead and replaced it a month or so ago. Everything else works and looks like new. But push the key button is dead silence.
Hooked
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:00 pm quote
Is it the key fob that is the problem? or is it the popper motor?

The popper for the trunk is up high under the left hip panel. The popper for the seat is under the left floorboard where it's exposed to untold weather nastiness. The motor assembly is not waterproof and moisture gets inside the plastic and trashes the motor. Have a look down there to see if the signal is arriving.
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:18 pm quote
The popper for the trunk works fine.

The popper for the seat makes no sound.

The scoot lives in a dry garage and stays cleaner and dryer than I do. I will poke around the popper and see what I can see.
mp3 500 2018 (USA-version)
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:13 pm quote
A similar problem. Cleaning the contacts inside the button helped me. The contacts were green from moisture.
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:50 am quote
Bylead wrote:
A similar problem. Cleaning the contacts inside the button helped me. The contacts were green from moisture.
Mine looked like new but got new batteries anyway.

Anyone know where exactly that actuator lives and what skin I have to remove to get to it? There don't seem to be any good pictures of it anywhere.

I have tried the reprogramming sequence a number of times (on button off 4x) and no change. No noise and no movement at the latch, and probably no power at the 582990 actuator, but need to check that once I figure out exactly where it is an how to get at it.

Can't think of what else it might be as the trunk pops normally as does the fuel flap.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:55 am quote
red wrote:
Bylead wrote:
Mine looked like new but got new batteries anyway.

Anyone know where exactly that actuator lives and what skin I have to remove to get to it? There don't seem to be any good pictures of it anywhere.

I have tried the reprogramming sequence a number of times (on button off 4x) and no change. No noise and no movement at the latch, and probably no power at the 582990 actuator, but need to check that once I figure out exactly where it is an how to get at it.

Can't think of what else it might be as the trunk pops normally as does the fuel flap.
under the left floorboard area.
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:52 am quote
thanks. On a 250? Googling around the parts doc seems to be upper left panel.

Gotta start pulling stuff off.

Capture.JPG

Hooked
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:30 am quote
That's the trunk popper in a sensible location for an electrical item. Up high and with a shorty pull cable.
Hooked
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:32 am quote
I couldn't find the seat popper on the diagrams either. Same part number as the trunk popper. It's mounted under your left toes, under the floorboard. need to get the left rocker panel off and it's through bolted so you'll want to lift up the rubber floor mats. When I replaced mine I sealed all the way around the case with silicone to try to keep the water out.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 am quote
a older 250 doesn't have a popper for the trunk only key
Hooked
50cc Beo, BigBeo
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am quote
250'2006 (ZAPM47201) opens by a button on a key.
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 pm quote
pmatulew wrote:
I couldn't find the seat popper on the diagrams either. Same part number as the trunk popper. It's mounted under your left toes, under the floorboard. need to get the left rocker panel off and it's through bolted so you'll want to lift up the rubber floor mats. When I replaced mine I sealed all the way around the case with silicone to try to keep the water out.
Looking at the amount of tupperware that has to come off to get the lower left foot panel of brings to mind a "you've got to be sh*tting me!" sort of comment. Basically strip most of the skin starting at the tail?

Seriously in need of a sawzall.
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:34 am quote
So I have been working at getting down to where the goofy seat actuator is (left floorboard). I have gotten this far.

Can any of the learned advise me how and what will need to be removed and in what order to get there?

Help and hints appreciated. I have already watched some of the youtubes on similar mp3s as far as they apply to this 250.

Makes me wonder if I can every get it back together

Thanks.

IMG_3959.jpg

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 pm quote
Saddle has to come off, then the fuel cover and surround. Be very careful of the saddle sensor connector.

Then IIRC there's some removal of bits from the front required, but it was a long time ago I last touched that.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.6340s ][ Queries: 27 (0.1214s) ][ Debug on ]