Southern California Piaggio MP3 Mechanic
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 500
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:06 pm quote
Hi All.

My 2009 MP3 500 is no longer able to rev. I can get the ignition to turn on but it will not Rev and seems to cut off following weird beeps.

I'm not sure if it has to do with seat sensor, or some corrosion with the fuses, or just yet another faulty battery.

I tried taking it to Sherman Oaks Vespa, had it towed there, only to be told that they won't work on it since it has been too heavily modified.

I was wondering if any of you know a shop or mobile mechanic that can help me out?

Thank you!
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:28 pm quote
Removing as post had incorrect content. Sorry for the disruption.

Last edited by pinheadh78 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:07 pm quote
Re: Southern California Piaggio MP3 Mechanic
alenlin wrote:
I tried taking it to Sherman Oaks Vespa, had it towed there, only to be told that they won't work on it since it has been too heavily modified.
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm just curious, what kind of modifications have you got going on to put you in this category?

I hope you get this sorted out!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:09 pm quote
pinheadh78 wrote:
Which part of Southern California? LA or San Diego? Both are big cities so if your not near one of these primary dealers then you might be in for a ride.

San Diego
https://vespamotorsport.com/make/piaggio/

Los Angeles
https://www.vespaso.com/inventory/v1/Current/Piaggio
and you failed as you did not read the op's complete post. HE TOOK IT TO VSO AND THEY WILL NOT WORK ON IT, TOO MANY MODIFICATIONS done to it.
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:24 pm quote
old as dirt wrote:
[quote=and you failed as you did not read the op's complete post. HE TOOK IT TO VSO AND THEY WILL NOT WORK ON IT, TOO MANY MODIFICATIONS done to it.
Woops, yes a bit of a brain hiccup there. I read it but somehow didn't quite register it for what it was. I should not try and be helpful online after a long day at work has left my brain rather cooked.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:16 am quote
Wow that sounds like a weird one. My first inclination is that something went wrong with the battery or the tilt-lock system, probably the battery. Make sure the terminals are clean and tight, then check the charging system. For only a few bucks, you can diagnose the charging system pretty easily- buy a voltmeter and measure the battery terminal voltages at:

1) Everything off- should be 12.8V or greater if the battery is fully charged
2) Ignition on- should be no more than .2 volts less than 1)
3) Running and revved up- should get to 14.5V but no more than 15.5V indicating a functioning charging system.

My guess is that it will fail #1, since these things are really sensitive to battery voltage.
Lurker
2009 MP500
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:54 am quote
i WOULD....
i would have it towed to Mossimo in Costa Mesa. You can add a motorcycle tow to your AAA for $25 then after i think the 7th day you can contact them to tow no extra charge.

Mossimo with his thick italian accent has an mp3 himself and knows these scooters inside and out.

http://www.massimovespa.com/
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1216s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0204s) ][ Debug on ]