OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
I can't say enough good things about my new 300 Notte HPE.
Runs smooth, great acceleration (even better with ASR off), and a very solid feeling on the road.
I used to have an '17 Primavera and loved it too, but I can certainly tell a difference in the ride, especially on country roads. It just seems to handle bumps and wind a bit better. Probably the extra weight?
Hopefully the ride gets even smoother as it is only at 645 miles and it just has a break-in service.

If you've been on the fence about taking the plunge, I would definitely recommend one.
Sad to have to Winterize it for the next four or five months, but something to look forward to in April!
Ride safe and enjoy the open road!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Nah. Weighs too much.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
I could see someone having an issue with that.
Having owned a Harley for several years, I have to say it's all relative to me.
Certainly the Primavera was a bit easier to push through tight areas, but to each his own.
@fergy avatar
UTC

Hooked
2021 GTS300 Racing Sixties

Hooked
@fergy avatar
2021 GTS300 Racing Sixties
UTC quote
Beautiful scoot! Chemical Guys have great cleaner and sealer products for the matte paint. I use them on my matte titanium Sprint.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
Good to know! I have some left over Black Denim cleaner from my Harley that was also matte black (called 'black denim" by Harley) but i know it will run out soon.
These late night fall bug swarms sure do a number on the finish.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
pokeyjoe wrote:
Nah. Weighs too much.
Vespurvoa wrote:
All depends on how you use the scooter. The extra weight makes a 300 feel more stable at speed, in my experience.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
Agreed.
It really depends what you are looking for in a ride. You can certainly feel the difference in turns and corners.
I do notice my fuel economy was much better with the Primavera, but I expected that.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
That Vespa is gorgeous looking. The matte finish and just overall it is seductively gorgeous.
I wonder if would you ride it in winter if ya had heated grips, a windshield and a tucano urbano termoscud blanket. Or maybe Wisconsin it snows and gets really cold.
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)
UTC quote
That's a beautiful bike. You might want to give this a good read.

Recommendations/Experiences with Rust Prevention Wax? (UK)

Even if you store it for the winter, if you ride it in April, there might still be salt intrusion when it's wet out. Good project for the winter storage months.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
Nah. Weighs too much.
Vespurvoa wrote:
All depends on how you use the scooter. The extra weight makes a 300 feel more stable at speed, in my experience.
I suppose this is a case of "you can't miss what you never had", but I went straight to the GTS five years-and-a-month ago, and haven't regretted the choice for a second. Mind you, I do absolutely-daft stuff like ride scores of miles on superslabs several days a week (Here in New Jersey, that's the Garden State Parkway, NJ Turnpike/I-95 et cetera), where anything smaller in the Piaggio catalog simply won't cut it, but still feels scooter-ish in urban areas where that thing we call "flickability" actually makes a difference. (It's also stupid-easy to paddle back into a tight parking space, which happens all the time for me in Gotham/NYC.)
Upper West Side, Manhattan. No, a maxi-scoot doesn't do it quite this easy.
Upper West Side, Manhattan. No, a maxi-scoot doesn't do it quite this easy.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
That Vespa is gorgeous looking. The matte finish and just overall it is seductively gorgeous.
I wonder if would you ride it in winter if ya had heated grips, a windshield and a tucano urbano termoscud blanket. Or maybe Wisconsin it snows and gets really cold.
The problem for me would be that even on the days without snow, the roads are nasty and there is so much road salt build-up that it wouldn't be worth the corrosion factor just to get fresh, cold air blasted at you in the middle of January, February or March.
I guess we all make concessions depending on where we live.
UTC

2014/2019 gts 300 super/ gts 300 touring

2014/2019 gts 300 super/ gts 300 touring
UTC quote
I use the Last Coat for the matte finish and everything else. Works very well. I have a Matte finish on my Harley Fatboy. But also use on my gts 300s. Beautiful Vespa👍
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
The last motorcycle I had before switching to scooters was a V-Strom in flat black. That was in 2013, and I was feeling like the matte finish had kind of run its course by that point. HD proved me wrong and this Notte of yours is a delight to the eye - Vespa certainly got it right with this one.

I think the GTS 300 HPE is a great balance of size/weight/performance/ease/comfort. Congrats!
@boraxman avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS250

Addicted
@boraxman avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
Dang thats a nice looking GTS...May be time for me to get some black paint and primer
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
Captain Jim wrote:
The last motorcycle I had before switching to scooters was a V-Strom in flat black. That was in 2013, and I was feeling like the matte finish had kind of run its course by that point. HD proved me wrong and this Notte of yours is a delight to the eye - Vespa certainly got it right with this one.

I think the GTS 300 HPE is a great balance of size/weight/performance/ease/comfort. Congrats!
I agree, Captain Jim!
Ever since my HD Iron 883, I have loved the Black Denim look. When I had to sell it, it was a sad day and finding out that Vespa had a matte black GTS just seemed like a no-brainer. Yeah, they got it right, but I heard it has been discontinued. I guess that happens with a lot of styling runs. I am just glad I got mine when the time was right!
OP
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte

Hooked
2020 GTS Notte
UTC quote
boraxman wrote:
Dang thats a nice looking GTS...May be time for me to get some black paint and primer
Hey Boraxman!
Kudos for you for even considering that! I doubt I could paint a vehicle without messing it up. I'm all thumbs except for art.
I'll stick to digital art on an iPad! LOL Laughing emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0346s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0113s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]