UTC

Addicted
2010 S50 Modified "Punkin"; 2003 ET4 Malossi 187 "ISO"

Addicted
@wheelman-111 avatar
UTC quote
Greetings:

"Honey, can you take this deposit to the bank and get a receipt?" Dang, tha's like 3 towns over and TX35 is a 75-MPH strip. Hmm, what about the coastal road? 55-60 MPH 2-lane, mostly, some of it very new and smooth. "Um, yes I can do it, dear!". But I'm taking the scooter.

Turns out this is butterfly migration season. The short Faco shield wasn't enough not to have a couple plaster my sunglasses, but otherwise Coastal breeze and temps were nice enough. Turns out ISO can cruise along at 65 (Indicated) for at least 10 miles without wringing out the throttle. It was High Noon when I made it to the bank. I followed a straight-pipe Sportster rider for a part of the trip. Both of us were grinning.

On the way back, a Milestone was reached. The reader will recall this 17 year-old scooter had a whopping 500-something miles when purchased in April. Someone had to have gone through the carb for it to run at all, but I've improved on nearly every aspect of its performance since. 8) Very pleased with my "new" Vespa!
Whoa, 4 Digits?!  Of course they're crooked.  Oh well, the odometer isn't Swiss.
Whoa, 4 Digits?! Of course they're crooked. Oh well, the odometer isn't Swiss.
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
The Lone Star State
Wheelman,

We need more photos of that great State and your scooters.

I did not know the 150cc Vespa could cruise at 60 mph. You could
bet at my 205lbs it surely could not do so on any incline. I could
be wrong.

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota
"We got 9 inches of snow this week". Yes, I wish I was deep in the heart of Texas.
OP
@wheelman-111 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@wheelman-111 avatar
UTC quote
Greetings, Bob:

I outweigh you by a little bit, and yes the Malossi-kitted and Polini-geared ET can indeed maintain 60 or a little better without inducing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Even with the upgear, take-off is at least decent thanks to the 187cc kit and a little attention to the Delta clutch springs and roller weights. Greasy125 nailed it again. I installed and was Delighted. Good little scooter.

I'll see about getting some South Texas Coastal pics in the next few days. Wrapped up in Onboarding for a new company right now and a little overwhelmed.
OP
@wheelman-111 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@wheelman-111 avatar
UTC quote
Promised Pics
Greetings:

A couple of pictures of the South Texas Coast, called the Coastal Bend around here. Nobody knows why...
Looking North up Fulton Beach Road, the shores of Aransas Bay.  Very cool for here - mid-50s.  285.9 Kelvin. Water was up over the road several times during 2020 storms.
Looking North up Fulton Beach Road, the shores of Aransas Bay. Very cool for here - mid-50s. 285.9 Kelvin. Water was up over the road several times during 2020 storms.
Light to moderate North wind after an extended cold (OK, Cool...) front.  ET4 187cc feeling pretty darn Frisky!
Light to moderate North wind after an extended cold (OK, Cool...) front. ET4 187cc feeling pretty darn Frisky!
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
God Bless Texas
Wheelman,

Thanks for the photos. I am so jealous of your year around riding weather.

I had a good friend in the US Navy from Paris Texas. We were in a planning meeting and he was not impressed by one of the presenters. He turned to me and commented "That guy is all hat and no cows". You may have to translate that for our Modern Vespa gang.

Thanks again for the photos.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0571s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0291s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]