The format of this Forum
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:26 am quote
I wondered about it when you first started this site, Jess, but in the end, the fewer categories really works.

Now that I have a Majesty, I'm using the MajestyUSA site -- it's a great site with.... 24 categories. It's tough to keep up with all of them.

Who are you, where are you?
General
Newbie Questions
Feedback for Yamaha
Safety tips and Ideas
Rallys
Majesty Sightings
Photos/Gallery (doesn't actually hold photos though)
Road Stories
Classified
Web Links
Testing
Majesty
Other Yamaha
Other Scooters
Aftermarket and Accessories
Gripes
How To
Official Reviews for Aftermarket
The Tavern
The Jesters Court
Notices
Comments & Suggestions
Bugs & Erros
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:39 am quote
That's just too damn many subforums. Thanks for the feedback.
Ossessionato
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:17 am quote
I like only five categories to choose from. Keeps it like me: simple.
Addicted
Vespa LX150
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:37 am quote
I agree to many sublevels. Its nice the way it is.
Addicted
gt200
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:51 am quote
The thing I like about this site, is that I may not always read every post…but sometime the number of posts or view may entice me. Also I don't have to check a bunch of sub area to see the latest info. I check out MajestyUSA and it seem like a nice nice place, though.

x
Enthusiast
GTS 300 IE
Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:52 am quote
I like this one, but, a "tuning category" should be great.
and a "how to ?" too, why not ?

What do you think ?
Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(
Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:40 am quote
xavYeah wrote:
I like this one, but, a "tuning category" should be great.
and a "how to ?" too, why not ?

What do you think ?
Have you checked out the Tech forum section of this forum? Some real how to in that area, Beale.
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:14 am quote
We're hoping for more "How To" in the Technical Library. We just need volunteers to write up a coherent article on a topic (any topic) and submit it.
Addicted
GTS250 SOLD
Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:17 am quote
I wouldn't change a thing.
Ossessionato
2013 Can Am Spyder RSS
Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:27 am quote
Bwyn wrote:
I wouldn't change a thing.
Totally agree!

Jess, you've done a great job!
Hooked
KYMCo Vitality 2004
Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:40 am quote
Hmmmm, I agree with most here, too many sublevels, KISS principle is best if you ask me.

That said, there are a couple interesting ones, Feedback for Yamaha is a good idea if the manufacturer is partcipating, it makes it easy for them to here the customers, something similar might be useful if we had a manufacturer participating here. Safety section is a good idea, makes it easy to find any writings on that rather than having to dig for it. Some of the levels segregate people in ways that'd only encourage cliques which would be bad for the board, and I've never really seen a point in test forums, seems a waste of space.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Yamaha Vstar classic 650 'Yamama' (Currently waspless but don't count me out!)
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:23 am quote
Jess,

I've just noticed one thing... we seem to be accumulating dealers of parts, accessories and bikes. So that they don't have to feel weird about hocking their merchandise in the threads, perhaps there can be a separate forum for them to just list what they sell and a link to their shops. 'kind of a "commercial" or yellow pages forum, not for discussion threads, but a place we can reference. I'd personally like to be able to spend my Vespa money with MV members but rarely remember who does what.

That might be a bit messy for you to handle, I don't know... or maybe you can charge $10 for each posting to pay expenses????

'just a thought.
Addicted
GTS250 SOLD
Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:54 am quote
Not a bad thought.
Hooked
Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:49 am quote
While Piaggio has done a masterful job of protecting the hard-earned
good-will associated with the brand Vespa, as a company they are clearly
committed to more than just building scooters in the classic paradigm --they are committed to leadership.

How else do you explain the brazen three-wheel mega-scooter that could conceivably broader the scooters' appeal like nothing before or since? How else do you explain integrating racing brands like Aprilia and Gilera -- that give earnest cohones to the field? How else do you explain a full-page letter in the leading newspaper of a country that can hardly spell 'scooter' much less embrace it?

No, Piaggio sees themselves as the leaders in the world of Scooters.

And Rightly so.

As such, it's no stretch that Piaggio, like any leading international company, is as we speak embracing the relatively new capacity made-virtually-free-by-fiber-optics ability to pan-globally collaborate with whoever they can to maintain leadership.... on sourcing, design, manufacture, marketing... everything.

I'm thinking they are watching this spot quite carefully. And listening.

I'm thinking this site in it's entirity is a "Feedback to Piaggio" category.

Last edited by Packa on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:42 am quote
lomunchi wrote:
So that they don't have to feel weird about hocking their merchandise in the threads, perhaps there can be a separate forum for them to just list what they sell and a link to their shops. 'kind of a "commercial"
Not quite sure what the best way to handle this is. Of course, we have an existing For Sale / Wanted section, which is kind of, but not really, what you're suggesting. As it stands, I'm quite willing to allow the dealers who participate regularly in this forum to advertise their wares in a reasonable fashion, and several do. I think, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting a more official listing of vendors and products, relatively static. Is that correct?
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:49 am quote
Packa wrote:

I'd love to believe that Piaggio was hanging on our ever word, and I'm sure that at least PiaggioUSA is aware of our presence. However, I'm not convinced that they're scrutinizing what we all say here in any detail, or that we'll end up influencing their future direction in any measurable or meaningful way. I mean, it's certainly possible, but I don't want to be too self-important or get a big head about it.
Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:59 am quote
jess wrote:
lomunchi wrote:
So that they don't have to feel weird about hocking their merchandise in the threads, perhaps there can be a separate forum for them to just list what they sell and a link to their shops. 'kind of a "commercial"
Not quite sure what the best way to handle this is. Of course, we have an existing For Sale / Wanted section, which is kind of, but not really, what you're suggesting. As it stands, I'm quite willing to allow the dealers who participate regularly in this forum to advertise their wares in a reasonable fashion, and several do. I think, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting a more official listing of vendors and products, relatively static. Is that correct?
I don't mind when a product is mentioned by a dealer or shop when that item or topic is being discussed. But new entries for new product or specials in the general discussion area are IMHO in the wrong area and should be in the For Sale/Wanted. That way if people want to stay away from spam adverts not relevant to a general post, they can.
Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster
Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:43 am quote
jess wrote:
Packa wrote:

I'd love to believe that Piaggio was hanging on our ever word, and I'm sure that at least PiaggioUSA is aware of our presence. However, I'm not convinced that they're scrutinizing what we all say here in any detail, or that we'll end up influencing their future direction in any measurable or meaningful way. I mean, it's certainly possible, but I don't want to be too self-important or get a big head about it.
If they're hanging on every word, every Vespa would have cupholders by now. Maybe the 2007 Vespa GTS250 "Illy Edition", "Lavazza Edition" or god forbid "Starbucks Editione" will be so equiped.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Yamaha Vstar classic 650 'Yamama' (Currently waspless but don't count me out!)
Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:00 am quote
jess wrote:
I think, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting a more official listing of vendors and products, relatively static. Is that correct?
That's correct, like I said, kind of a Yellow pages. The only problem I see is that I don't want to see you have to defend a vendor as if it were "endorsed" by MV or if you had to filter because every Tomaso, Ricardo and Honorio wanted to post their garbage on the site. It may just be easier to leave a succesful site continue as is... just a thought.
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:20 pm quote
I'll mull this over. There might be a good way to provide such a listing for the people here who are actually part of the MV community while excluding drive-bys.
Addicted
et4 and px150
Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 pm quote
We have only three:

Open Discussion

For Sale/Wanted

FAQs

http://www.nyscooterclub.com/forum/

People do really like not having to go all over to see posts. Keep it as simple as possible, I say.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2565s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0663s) ][ Debug on ]