Happy 15th Birthday Modern Vespa!
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 am quote
froggieposition wrote:
Modern vespa has changed my life and I am grateful to have met my guy through MV. So many friends I have made as well including my bestie Kittysaz. MV is family.
A unique MV love affair. That warms my heart!
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 am quote
all of you yahoos are my weird and fucked up extended family. i love each and every one of you for who you are and what you bring to this odd jungle juice that is modern vespa.

the offer is always standing. if you're in LA, drinks and food on me, a dip in the pool and hours of nonsense scooter talk.

to my friends, to my family, to those we've lost. lift one and smile, we've been fortunate to find each other and hard enough to stick together. let's run another 15 at least.

-g
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:03 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
all of you yahoos are my weird and fucked up extended family. i love each and every one of you for who you are and what you bring to this odd jungle juice that is modern vespa.

the offer is always standing. if you're in LA, drinks and food on me, a dip in the pool and hours of nonsense scooter talk.

to my friends, to my family, to those we've lost. lift one and smile, we've been fortunate to find each other and hard enough to stick together. let's run another 15 at least.

-g
Dude!
15 years almost to the date, with all those zeros! Woot! Woot!

Greasy_Dude_10182020.JPG

Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:39 pm quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
greasy125 wrote:

-g
Dude!
Nice catch Big-Boys-Mum!

Greasy's an amazing individual that always surprises me with his posts, be it the content, the presentation or the language. It's always good. Thanks for being here Greasy!!

Cheers. Miguel
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
greasy125 wrote:

-g
Dude!
Meh. Iím old and washed up now.

Service a few bikes a week, do a couple restorations a year. The rest of the time I tend to my garden, pet my cats, mop the shop floor and sell all the scooter crap on eBay that Iíve acquired along the way.

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:06 pm quote
Miguel wrote:
Nice catch Big-Boys-Mum!

Greasy's an amazing individual that always surprises me with his posts, be it the content, the presentation or the language. It's always good. Thanks for being here Greasy!!

Cheers. Miguel
Miguel, thanks for the kind words. While some donít care for my parlance, Iíve always tried to keep it light and somewhat humorous; but still tell it like it is. Technical accuracy, straightforward instructions, with perhaps some cheeky asides.

Kinda like rolling into my shop. At 10am I could be sipping a jarritos mandarin or a tallie of high-life.

Roll some dice. We gots welders, hammers, and a sawzall. thereís an italjet on one lift and a 57 Allstate on the other. A P2 motor is in pieces on the bench. Thereís two flat tires, some brakes and a water pump to be done. The dodger game is buzzing on the transistor and we all be sweating it out.

How about we sit in the shade and talk about music for a bit while them wrenches cool down?

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 pm quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
greasy125 wrote:

-g
Dude!
Two things here.

One- those are not my glasses. Somebody left them on the bar and
I thought it was hilarious to wear them.

Two- the woman behind behind me looks strikingly like my gal, but I can assure you that she is not.

But yes, more zeros.

-g
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:57 pm quote
Cheers, all! And thanks to Jess for making an appearance - I no longer live in NorCal, and I was beginning to worry whether you were still around!
Ossessionato
2015 GTS300, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 pm quote
Thanks to all who make MV tick behind the scenes and out in the threads. The moderation is soooo important here that it bears mentioning - there's a reason other forums go into regular sh&* show mode but this one more or less stays on track. Cheers!!

Molto Verboso
2004 ET4, 2003 ET4, 1980 P200, 1963 Li150
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:26 am quote
Congrats on the anniversary! Iíve been getting the itch to get another modern Vespa, so hopefully I wonít be such a stranger.

Brendan
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12
[ Time: 0.1810s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0329s) ][ Debug on ]