Tilt Lock Troubles
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Fuoco
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 am quote
Sorry, I know this is a perennial issue covered many times but I'm hoping someone can summarise all the troubleshooting quoted in numerous previous threads.

Overnight a couple of weeks ago we had tremendous gales which blew over the shelter with my Fuocco inside. The next morning I "rescued" and put it my large shed and left it a few days for the spilt fuel to evaporate.

Took it out for a ride and everything seemed okay apart from the handlebars slightly out of alignment and tilt lock worked when I parked to go shopping.

On the way home I had to stop so popped the tilt lock on and, [a] it didn't and, [b] got a continuous sound from the beeper.
Finally got home and back in the shed and now have a repeatable problem as follows -

[1] Key On - Yellow flashing, Red off.

[2] Select Tilt Lock - Yellow on steady, Red flashing (about every second), continuous sound from the beeper that changes after about 30 seconds to regular on/of in time with red light.
Selecting single or double unlock clicks has no effect.

[3] Key off then on - Yellow and Red on steady, continuous sound from the beeper.

[4] Double click unlock and everything resets and I'm back to [1] again

Any help appreciated, Derek
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 am quote
Sounds like some air got into the hydraulic system for the tilt lock. I'd check the reservoir level, add more if it's not full, then bleed the system.
Lurker
Fuoco
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:13 pm quote
Sounds highly likely air got in given the poor thing was on it's side for a few hours

I'll check it out and bleed the system at the weekend.

Thanks Squeazel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:59 am quote
Check the fluid level, bet it seeped out when it was on it's side. Continuous beep is low fluid I think.
Lurker
Fuoco
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am quote
As always life's never simple working on these machines.

I had to change the parking brake the other month and I'm sure most readers will know what a nightmare that is

I think one has to be a masochist to enjoy working on them

Anyway started the job at the weekend and realised I needed to remove the screen and its frame first. Would be okay but I've LED DRL's mounted on it.

When I got the front cover off I found the lower screen-frame mounting bracket totally obscured the hydraulic master cyclinder.

Unmounted the master cylinder and manged to wriggle it out into the open then found the cap was the wrong size for my Eezi-bleed kit.
Also the diaphragm in the cylinder to keep the air off the fluid was swollen and wouldn't fit back in.

(The fluid was at minimum)

Anyway, have ordered a new generic master cylinder which should be here tomorrow when I can then, hopefully, move on.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1362s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0234s) ][ Debug on ]