washer sequence for P handlebars
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Hooked
Rat 2003 Stella 2T; 1979 P125x (in pieces, out for paint)
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:29 am quote
Can someone explain to me the sequence for reassembling the various washers involved in the P handlebar-to-lower-headset-casting?

Am I correct that I need two of the large flat washers on each side and one wave washer for each side? And where do the flat washers and wave washers go in relation to the parts?

I am guessing:

1. One plain washer on handlebar tube "outside" of the casting (flush against the rubber grip on the right, flush against the handlebar casting with the numbers on the left)
2. One plain washer between the pulley and the inside edge of the headset casting;
3. wave washer??
Hooked
79p200e 66smallstate 85pk50xl 84p125ets 63GL
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:18 am quote
One flat washer, one wave washer for each side.

Working from the plastic pulleys outwards for both sides:

Plastic pulley, flat washer, wave washer, then wave washer presses against the guide on the lower headset. Wave washer is kind of a spring, so metal-spring-metal. 11 is the flat washer, 12 is the wave washer.

Can't remember if there was a washer between the shift numbers on left grip and the casting. I don't think there is. Small frame has a washer there...

Hope this helps.

Capture.PNG

Hooked
Rat 2003 Stella 2T; 1979 P125x (in pieces, out for paint)
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am quote
poidog wrote:
One flat washer, one wave washer for each side.

Working from the plastic pulleys outwards for both sides:

Plastic pulley, flat washer, wave washer, then wave washer presses against the guide on the lower headset. Wave washer is kind of a spring, so metal-spring-metal. 11 is the flat washer, 12 is the wave washer.

Can't remember if there was a washer between the shift numbers on left grip and the casting. I don't think there is. Small frame has a washer there...

Hope this helps.
Thank you, greatly appreciated. It's amazing how "people" don't pay more attention when they take things apart knowing that they will eventually have to put them back together.
Ossessionato
2015 GTS300, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:55 am quote
I like to take lots of cell phone pics as I disassemble, they very often come in handy...
Enthusiast
PX150E
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:33 am quote
If I may add, when assembling the washers on the handlebar, a small dab of grease between them will make for smoother, easier gear changes and throttle operation.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 150
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 am quote
sp949 wrote:
If I may add, when assembling the washers on the handlebar, a small dab of grease between them will make for smoother, easier gear changes and throttle operation.
Try a dry film lubricant of some type, any type of wet lubricant in open areas attracts dirt and becomes gritty. I like to use products like DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant Squeeze Bottle. On cables, you can let it run down the inner wire cable into the outer sheathing to help lubricate and make shifting smoother also.

717Pbcy79dL._SL1500_.jpg

Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1505s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0324s) ][ Debug on ]