GTV 300 grinding
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
GTV 300
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:31 am quote
Hey guys-

I have a GTV 300 (sole owner) around 5k miles. Recently I took it in for maintenance to resolve an issue. They replaced the belts and did some other maintenance, but I still have the issue. Hereís whatís going on. When the engine is cold, no problem. When it warms up after maybe 2 miles, thatís when it starts. When I accelerate from a dead stop, I get a grinding sound with a little vibration. I generally have to let off the gas a little before I can really take off. If you drive a stick shift car, the sound is similar to grinding the gears (best explanation). Once Iím going up to speed, Iím ok. This just happens at take off. However, once I get up to the 50-55 range I start getting a loud squeal. If my scooter was a car, the sound would be similar to a loose fan belt slipping.

The mechanic said he couldnít recreate it and mentioned that itís a CVT transmission (duh) and doesnít have gears (I really do know and understand this). He also said some noise was normal. Iím the only owner of the scooter (bought new) and know this isnít normal for my bike. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hooked
gts300,gts250
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am quote
Did they get the variator right to the back of the shaft?
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am quote
i'd double check the work.

my best guess... they didn't service the clutch, clutch bell or shoes.

worse, they got the assembly of the vario wrong which is "mucho no bueno" as they say down south.

i'd be taking that back immediately and demanding that it works proper without noise or nonsense or find me another mechanic.

-g
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1299s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0210s) ][ Debug on ]