Piaggio Vespa et4 50cc Indicators don't work
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Piaggio Vespa et4 50cc
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 am quote
Hi everyone!
Dragged the scooter out of the garage after a 5 year layup. After a bit of carb work, replacement of the vacuum fuel tap and a new battery it fired up and sounds great. However, there is no sign of life from the indicators. The horn brake lights, side lights and head lights work but not the indicators. I have stripped and cleaned the switch, changed each indicator bulb in turn for a new one and cleaned the connections in the dashboard warning lights. I can't find a flasher relay either. Now I've run out of ideas. Anybody out there got any suggestions?
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:52 am quote
voltage regulator.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pm quote
If the voltage regulator has given up providing a flasher signal (not uncommon) it's very easy to add a separate two-wire flasher relay. Just ensure you get a motorcycle one - one for a GTS would be fine. In the meantime use hand signals.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/signals-to-other-road-users for the edification of those not from the UK.
Hooked
lml 2t 150 with sidecar, Vespa ET4 150cc
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:06 pm quote
Exactly what been said by last two posters, had to do the exact same myself.
Lurker
Piaggio Vespa et4 50cc
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:51 pm quote
Piaggio Vespa et4 50cc Indicators don't work
Thanks a lot for your solutions. I'll check the connections to the voltage regulator then investigate wiring in a flasher unit. If I can't do that I'll look for a replacement voltage regulator.
Thanks again
Cameron
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1571s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0596s) ][ Debug on ]