The Hudson Valley Biker Network Sponsor Appreciation Ride
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:18 am quote
This past Sunday was the Hudson Valley Biker Network Sponsor Appreciation Ride benefiting a young man named Kyle who is suffering from bone cancer. It began at a Deli in Saugerties, NY and made a one hundred mile loop through the Catskill Mountains. The weather was predicted to be outstanding that day and I decided to take the Chinese scooter since it is capable and comfortable.

The organizers didn't know how many people would show up and were thrilled when ninety-two motorcycles carrying one hundred and fifteen participants arrived. I fell into the long line with my fifteen cubic inches surrounded by many big V-Twins. As always the scooter was outclassed by the roll on acceleration but I managed to hold my place in line.

As you would expect the scenery was incredible when I took the time to look around. At one point, after several climbs, I noticed several cars parked on the side of the road and camera wielding persons by the side of the road. I was later told that at this point near Windham Mountain you could see the New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts border junction. As you might expect I was a little busy maintaining both a safe distance from the rider in front of me and dealing with the undulating road.

After a stop for some riders to refuel and grab a quick bit of refreshment we headed back to the starting point.The scenery continued and the leaves were at their best glowing colors as we proceeded on the two lane State Highways. When we reached the finish we were rewarded with a dazzling array of food choices and plates were filled quickly. After finishing my meal I hopped on the scooter, traveling home in fading sunlight. Even in the dimming light the view on the Rhinecliff Bridge over the Hudson River was spectacular with colorful leaves on both sides of the water.

If this is the last big ride of the season it was a great way to end it. I've used all three bikes on group events and they all served me well. Spring can't come soon enough to get back out there.

Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 pm quote
Oh, and the entire day from start to finish was one hundred and sixty miles. The Helix clone handled it well.

A Little Video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqi-gtM3sfQ
2009 LX50
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:16 am quote
Great share...thanks!
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.3462s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0930s) ][ Debug on ]