OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Hi! I'm looking for this piece inside the front headlamp for bulb, arround but i can't find it. Anyone know where can I will buy it?
It's for a piaggio mp3 500lt sport 2016
Thanks!!
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
[img][/img]
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Bulb adapter
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Have you looked at the parts list to find the part number, or contacted your dealer to ask them for it?
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
It just so happens I bought a brand new Headlight Assembly for my own 2016 Mp3 500ie Sport. Description of headlight plugs below.

What are the circumstances behind the request for a part number?

Are you also installing a new headlight assembly or did a part go missing or break during a maintenance cycle?

Which part are you looking for in the picture? The plug the bulb goes into? a retaining fastener? the wiring itself? Its not quite clear which part is the topic of the request.

Pulling the new assembly out of its shipping box I see that the left-side has the full plastic assembly for a low-beam headlight. The right-side however is just a plug for a standard headlight bulb. The attached photo is the headlight assembly oriented as it would be facing forwards on the bike if it was mounted.

The headlight assembly comes as a complete unit with all the wiring already installed including for the bulbs. So if its missing a sub-component such as the little plastic retainer or clip for the bulbs you might have to improvise something or buy a whole new headlight casing.

The assembly is number 1 on the list and is pretty expensive.

https://www.parts-piaggio.com/piaggio-scooters/500-PIAGGIO-SCOOTER/MP3/2016/MP3-500-Sport-ABS-E3-E4/Electrical-system/Front-headlamps--Turn-signal-lamps/1218/23/20642/2718
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Hi! I need that black plastic piece, the bulb light connector adapter.
My piece was broken when I change the bulb, and I need another one, but Piaggio only sell all headlight and it's expensive
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
I see. so its the left side (low-beam) plastic ring thats broken and needs replacement.

Looking through the parts catalog I don't see that listed separately anywhere, its only sold as part of a full unit. You would have to ask a dealer if they can find anything in the parts-network, my own local dealer uses the same website I sent to you but they just source the parts from Texas instead of Italy (most of the time).

Perhaps someone on this forum has an extra they can ship you? I sometimes see Mp3 with salvage status on Craigslist and online forums, maybe if you find one you can ask the owner to extract the part and send it to you.

Otherwise you may have to come up with a hack solution to hold the bulb in place.

Btw - If you are in the USA then the dealer network for replacement headlight casings and parts has run dry due to Covid-19. Other parts I ordered for my own Mp3 have an ETA of January 2021 and thats IF there are no other problems.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0634s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0337s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]