Oil filter get twised, why???
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 ie 400
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:35 pm quote
Hello,

I like to know why the oil filter (long orange one, that fits inside the engine look like a tube with a net, it is not the black filter like the car oil filters) I changed that at it was twisted, I inserted it nice and fit in the nut, the last time I changed the oil, once I removed it, it was twisted again, I tried to put while feeling if there is a way for it to fit in without moving but I could not find any feeling like this. Any thoughts?

thanks,
Hooked
50cc Beo, BigBeo
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:46 pm quote
This happens because of fuel in oil. I never knew that mp3 is vulnerable to that, more commonly that happened to old Aprilia Scarabeos and Atlantics.

Worst part is that fuel in oil might be a problem to oil pump's gear since that gear is made of plastic too.

One of the reasons why fuel remains in oil is too cold thermostat (or failed one).
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 ie 400
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:11 am quote
Jah wrote:
This happens because of fuel in oil. I never knew that mp3 is vulnerable to that, more commonly that happened to old Aprilia Scarabeos and Atlantics.

Worst part is that fuel in oil might be a problem to oil pump's gear since that gear is made of plastic too.

One of the reasons why fuel remains in oil is too cold thermostat (or failed one).
Thanks for your reply, does this mean there is something that I need to fix or this is just normal?

thanks,
Hooked
50cc Beo, BigBeo
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:08 am quote
For me that looks like needed to be fixed. What reads on your engine temp scale?
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:55 am quote
Regular short journeys can also led to petrol in the oil. Used to be common on early X9 500s. When the engine is cold inevitably some fuel gets past the rings into the sump. If the engine isn't run hot for at least a few minutes that fuel never gets evaporated off and sucked back into the intake to be burnt.

If you use the bike just to run two miles to the station and back, OR the thermostat is faulty, this will happen. Cure it before the oil pump gear gives up...
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.5135s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0740s) ][ Debug on ]