Honda Forza 750
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 pm quote
It probably won't come here but it looks functional.

https://www.rideapart.com/reviews/452511/first-ride-review-2021-honda-forza-750/
Hooked
bv350 (sold) and now,'14 honda ctx700 dct
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 pm quote
and a full howdy to all yall

it does look right to me except the limited knee bent footing. it's too high at that point for my comfort and i have not found the foot forward limited position comfortable on this type of scooter. i'm comparing to the an 400 suzuki. having the four transmission riding modes might be a great thing as i found the ctx choices to be on the extremes. regular mode shifted somewhat too soon up and the sport mode held the rpms too high for my riding style lessness. here in israel where i am, i can tell you the cost would be attrocious at well over twenty thousand dollars. there is about a ninety percent import tax here. the insurance would be at least 2000 bucks a year. that is a guess and someone who has actuall done it should correct me if that's a bad guess. i just arrived here a couple weeks ago and am surprised what changes have come about in public transport which is forcing me to reconsider buying some form of transportation. anyway, thanks for providing the link and as is proper here
shalom
ken
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:06 pm quote
Re: Honda Forza 750
kz1000ST wrote:
It probably won't come here but it looks functional.
wowowow. a 750 that gets the same gas mileage as a bv350? of course it's a Honda. Of course it's not coming to the US of A. =(
Addicted
BV 350
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 am quote
Sure
That particular 750 power package, in several other motorcycles, has been described as "unexciting". Low revving, low power for displacement. Utilitarian, very appliance-like. The DCT seemed to get confused, and low-speed performance is unpredictable. Mostly designed to provide great mileage.

While the BV gets excellent power for displacement at the upper end of its rev range. And likely handles far lighter and better. Kinda fun to go zipping by motorists on the Interstate at 80MPH on what appears to be a conventional motor scooter.

Not sure why someone would pay real, motorcycle money to get a big heavy scooter with an uncomfortable seating position and fairly high step-over. Maybe its got great storage space built-in.

I tried a 650 Burger, before I got my BV, and it seemed overly large and heavy, yet with a similar knees-higher-than-hips seating position for my 6'3" frame. Test-rode a 650 Silverwing with about the same experience, except the handlebars hit my knees at full-lock.
Hooked
LX125, Beverly 350
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 am quote
maybe i'm the target market then having owned a BV350 and Sh300i i ended up buying a NC750X DCT. Don't get me wrong i've done my fair share of miles on these scooters. whilst they will happily sit at 75mph. they won't up a steep gradient with a decent headwind! the joys of Scotland...

I much prefer sitting at 4000 RPM on the NC vs the buzziness of the small cc scoots. As my commute is 70/30 motorway a bigger less stressed engine makes more sense. i still ride my SH300i and love it when i get into the city and can filter much easier. but i feel sorry for it stressing its engine sometimes!

Maintenance is fewer and far between on the NC platform aswell.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:05 am quote
Re: Sure
Jimding wrote:
That particular 750 power package, in several other motorcycles, has been described as "unexciting". Low revving, low power for displacement. Utilitarian, very appliance-like. The DCT seemed to get confused, and low-speed performance is unpredictable. Mostly designed to provide great mileage.
Compared to the CBR, that sounds about right. But how many of the people in the market for bikes powered by this engine and transmission combo are deciding between it and a sportbike?
If you want to look cool while talking about riding around the world at the next HU meet and greet, the new Ducati Multistrada is about as good as it gets right now. If you want to ride around the world, a ten year old Africa Twin with 60K miles is probably a better choice. There's a lot to be said for Utilitarian when it comes to picking a daily driver.
I would be interested in comparisons between this and the other big scooters, not between this and motorcycles. And you're right, it looks like the seating position sucks. And it has a chain.
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 am quote
Blackmoon181 wrote:
maybe i'm the target market then having owned a BV350 and Sh300i i ended up buying a NC750X DCT. Don't get me wrong i've done my fair share of miles on these scooters. whilst they will happily sit at 75mph. they won't up a steep gradient with a decent headwind! the joys of Scotland...

I much prefer sitting at 4000 RPM on the NC vs the buzziness of the small cc scoots. As my commute is 70/30 motorway a bigger less stressed engine makes more sense. i still ride my SH300i and love it when i get into the city and can filter much easier. but i feel sorry for it stressing its engine sometimes!

Maintenance is fewer and far between on the NC platform aswell.
I agree. The NC engine is great as is the dct tranny. In the scooter is should be a brillaint combination and will last for years. Folks forget it's not about horsepower, it's about torque. This scooter has that in droves. It won't ever fuss about hills, instant acceleration etc. If anyone wants masses of horsepower, get a sport bike. But above all, try one!
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1418s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0333s) ][ Debug on ]