Two years brake fluid change.
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Mp3 Yourban 300 i.e
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:56 am quote
Hello guys, just want to show you how my brake fluid looks like after two years.
It has been replaced with Motul DOT4 for both front/rear brake reservoir.. unfortunately I forgot to take pictures to the reservoir with new oil in it but as you can imagine new oil is much clear and you can see very well the bottom of the reservoir.. looks like water compared to the old one.
Most important is the brake efficiency with the new oil, much much better than before.

I still have to change the pedal brake oil because is a bit more time consuming and I think that I have to take of lots of parts to get access to the pedal reservoir and to the bleeding valve on my Yourban..

20201116_203733.jpg

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:36 am quote
Many owners see this after two years on a new bike. It has lots of chemicals and rubbish in it from the factory. Good job done!
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:49 am quote
I really like the fact that you taped off the reservoir to avoid spills/drips on stuff underneath. Very careful and a great example. That stuff is corrosive!
Mp3 Yourban 300 i.e
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm quote
Squeazel wrote:
I really like the fact that you taped off the reservoir to avoid spills/drips on stuff underneath. Very careful and a great example. That stuff is corrosive!
It's a big plastic bag+tape along the edges of the reservoir.
I also washed the whole bike when I finished the job.
It's better to spend 5 minutes on "masking" the area than find damaged painted areas the next day..
Enthusiast
2013 MP3 300ie
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 pm quote
Great idea!

I always put some rags around the reservoir - but spilled brake fluid is nearly invisible on those, and might leak through or touch some painted surface when moving the rag - I often end up finding some stains on painted surfaces afterwards.

Will try the plastic bag next time!
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.3323s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0459s) ][ Debug on ]