Yankee camel style seats
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm quote
Anyone ever use one of these Yankee camel style seats before? Any opinions on their comfort? I have been looking at them for years thinking about one and I am worried that the middle hump would be uncomfortable for how I sit. I tend to sit a little further back on the seat, about in the middle of the pad itself, not right up at the front of the seat and after looking at this seat for a few minutes tonight it dawned on me that I might be sitting right on the middle hump in my preferred positioning.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has used one and have any opinions about this or other comfort aspects of it?

https://www.scooter-center.com/en/seat-giuliari-yankee-vespa-px-with-lock-black-3333449bk?number=3333449BK

3333449bk_3333449BK_1_.jpg

Molto Verboso
79 P200E, 62 Allstate, 2008 Stella
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:26 pm quote
I've got nothing specific about this seat Swiss, but being 6'3" I end up sitting right where that hump is, so I prefer a straight bench. The old school P200 seats suck also because the spring tower is right where I like to sit, so I've either got to deal with the spring towers, or slide way forward, or back. Both doable but uncomfortable.

Which is why I like a straight foam padded seat. The GTS250 used to drive me crazy. I modded the crap out of it and it still was uncomfortable cause of the hump. I'd rather go for a plank seat then a comfy seat with a hump any day.

My 2 cents...
Ossessionato

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:46 pm quote
I'm only 6', but i'm still concerned about myself sitting on that hump as well. It sure wasn't comfortable with the old P seats for sure. Those springs were in a bad spot for me. I was kinda hoping to find one of those Yankee seats in a solid red color (to go on my red '05 PX)...and if not red, then maybe a white? Only problem is that with living in the wet PacNW the white wouldn't stay white for long.
1979 Vespa P200E
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:58 pm quote
My Brazilian PX came standard with a similar seat. Its comfy if you dont sit in middle. I like to sit farther back. i have an Ancilotti style one that is replacing it.
Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:32 am quote
ive used similar for about 15 years... once you get used to sitting in the position, its actually quite a comfortable ride. done several hundred mile trips all around the uk on it.

it only really comes into its own if you have a pillion passenger. with that style seat they dont end up taking all the space where you need to sit
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:26 am quote
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
ive used similar for about 15 years... once you get used to sitting in the position, its actually quite a comfortable ride. done several hundred mile trips all around the uk on it.

it only really comes into its own if you have a pillion passenger. with that style seat they dont end up taking all the space where you need to sit
I dont really need it for the pillion rider, but I do like the way it looks, and it seems like a better seat for touring as it looks thicker. But I do think I'll be sitting right on the camel hump. I measured where I sit on my standard seat and it looks like I'd be directly on the bump.

Back lines up with the socket extension I placed over the tape measure. around 17"

PXL_20201118_154247192.jpg

Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.2992s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0721s) ][ Debug on ]