Pumped: A Message (of sorts) from Shell
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 pm quote
I realize that, in some circles, choosing your favorite gas/oil company is something akin to picking your favorite Marvel/DC supervillain, but I have mentioned problems at certain gas stations in regard to either (a) constant overflow problems (lookin' at you, Speedway*), or (b) frequently having my credit/debit-card flagged with "false-positive" fraud alerts (yes, better safe than sorry, of course, but getting triggered several times in a row gets a bit tiring…thanks a bundle, BP). I usually fill up near home at Costco, because I'm a member, it's a bit cheaper (sort of a non-issue with a Vespa), and the pumps never give me overflow aggro. Next-best in line? Shell. Hassle-free fill-ups, and, FWIW, I'm signed up to save that all-important 5˘/gal. (With Premium at an average of $2.40/gal? Whoopee.)

But this isn't about that. It's about messaging at-the-pump. Not the usual treatises to grab a snack or something at the station-mart, but a message right at the pump itself: rather impressive, I'd say.

shellpumpmessage.jpg
The Message, Where You'll See It.

shellpumpmessage2.jpg
Forget the tiger in your tank; I'll take this.

Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:32 pm quote
OH NO !
Now the cagers are ALL going to forget to unhook the hose before driving off.

youtube.com/watch?v=x94PGgYKHQ0

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
OH NO !
Now the cagers are ALL going to forget to unhook the hose before driving off.

youtube.com/watch?v=x94PGgYKHQ0

Maybe that's why they don't let you pump-your-own here in Joisey.

And: Yeah, Ryan's video (like damn near all the stuff he and his crew put out) is well worth watching.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.4270s ][ Queries: 28 (0.1225s) ][ Debug on ]